Charlie Miller in the Movies.

OlegKuznetsov

Watched a Scottish film last night called , The Angels Share. I quickly spotted Charlie's brief appearance in a hospital corridor fracas. I verified it was him from IMDB.

It reminded me of Ally's longer lasting appearance in Robert Duvall's Shot at Glory, in which Ally proved to be a disappointing and unconvincing actor.

Or course, Souness appeared opposite to Yosser Hughes in Boys from the Black Stuff on BBC in the 80s.

Are there any other of our players who have appeared in a film or in a television drama or scripted comedy?

Agree that Angel's Share was pish.

Amateur everything from the screenplay to the acting to the direction. Just crap.

Guy spends over a million quid on a cask of whiskey and doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to sampling it.

Aye, good storyline that.

Agree that Angel's Share was pish.

Amateur everything from the screenplay to the acting to the direction. Just crap.

I thought Angels Share was shite, one scene the guy gets his first ever taste of whiskey, the next hes sipping a whiskey going "a hint of barley" and aw that pish.

Yeah, it was pretty piss. It didn't know if it was going to be Still Game, Gregory's Girl or or some full on drama.

I thought it had one really powerful scene with the witness and offender face to face meeting as the victim outlines the brutality of the assault before his mother loses it and the offenders breaks down in tears.

Other than that, it was very confused and contrived, with a very unconvincing story line, from his sudden gift for being a whisky connoisseur and his decision to embark on a risky venture with a team of idiots and thieves as he was trying to keep his nose clean and go straight permanently. That reminds me of the Porridge spin-off called Going Straight,- a phrase with altogether connotations 25 years later.

Watched a Scottish film last night called , The Angels Share. I quickly spotted Charlie's brief appearance in a hospital corridor fracas. I verified it was him from IMDB.

It reminded me of Ally's longer lasting appearance in Robert Duvall's Shot at Glory, in which Ally proved to be a disappointing and unconvincing actor.

Or course, Souness appeared opposite to Yosser Hughes in Boys from the Black Stuff on BBC in the 80s.

Are there any other of our players who have appeared in a film or in a television drama or scripted comedy?

Allys performance was only half as bad as Duvall's accent lol

I thought Angels Share was shite, one scene the guy gets his first ever taste of whiskey, the next hes sipping a whiskey going "a hint of barley" and aw that pish.

It is spelled "whisky" - spelling it "whiskey" is the taig way.

Funny how wee things catch you out, eh?