Alistair needs new players !

bawsburst

They're not good enough fo Rangers, that's true. But it's the same players that have knocked 10 past Raith Rovers in two games, 8 past Clyde and knocked ICT out of the League Cup.

3 teams that combined dont spend what we do on first team wages

ally has spent a kings ransom to win 2 leagues who's prize money probably doesnt clear Ian Black's gambling debts

Pick 5 ally signings that you would keep and justify keeping them

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ally has spent a kings ransom to win 2 leagues who's prize money probably doesnt clear Ian Black's gambling debts

Aye but aye but....

I've already told you there's barely a Rangers class player in the squad and pointed out the blatantly obvious as to why we couldn't sign them. There's only about 5 players in the whole squad I think could be Rangers class in the top league, Bell, Wallace, McLeod, Aird and perhaps Gallacher. Maybe get a year or two out of Miller if we're lucky.

Wallace. Solid, dependable best LB in Scotland.

Templeton. Capable of the sublime.

Boyd. Proven goalscorer.

Clark. Young and improving striker. Goals and workrate.

Faure. Young and unproven, but has potential.

Don't ask for anymore though, please. :D

do you therefore think that he needs to make no improvements to his current squad?

Ally has a team full of players that he himself has signed so what I would say is take your team and go win the Championship with it. Our budget is much bigger than both Hibs and Hearts combined so let Ally prove he has what it takes to build a team that can win things. Free transfers or not, I don't want Ally brining in any one else until he proves he has what it takes.

Ally has a team full of players that he himself has signed so what I would say is take your team and go win the Championship with it. Our budget is much bigger than both Hibs and Hearts combined so let Ally prove he has what it takes to build a team that can win things. Free transfers or not, I don't want Ally brining in any one else until he proves he has what it takes.

It could be argued that he has built a team to win things so far (if winning the leagues and progressing back to where we belong is the main objective) there are cracks showing now (dropping points) and players that are not cutting the mustard and imo we need a RB... Should he not be afforded that? Even the greatest managers in the world sign duds and what every manager wants is continuous improvement in his squad... I fear that Ally needs to buy as he may not be able to develop a player via his coaching style and that is the rub.

Blame the boards for the wage bills and spending that has been done, they have given the OK for this at every step of the journey.

If any of these boards were strong minded enough they would tell him there is no more money for players, unless he gets rid of some of the dross we already have.

You need to appreciate that the directors have been under tremendous pressure to back Ally over the years. I think Green wanted rid of him but the fans wanted Ally to get a full season without distruption off the park so he got it. Craig Mather wanted the fans and Ally on side so of course he backs Ally in the transfer market. Then someone else comes in and you don't win over the fans by pressing the ejector seat on McCoist so they let him sign even more players.

I've believed for a while now that McCoist has and is damaging Rangers. If Ally hadn't been here the last few years I think the process of rebuilding the company and football team might have gone a lot better. The situation we have now isn't good for anyone and the sooner Ally goes the better.

It could be argued that he has built a team to win things so far...every manager wants is continuous improvement in his squad... I fear that Ally needs to buy as he may not be able to develop a player via his coaching style and that is the rub.

The fans have been crying out for a more long-term approach for years. It was Ally's decison to buy in the quick, easy, yet expensive short-term options. If that's coming back to bite him now it's his own fault and I have no sympathy. It's obvious that we're not improving, that players go backwards after we sign them, is the only solution to keep letting Ally spend and spend? Of course not, what we need is a better manager and some scouts.

If Ally was paid off we'd be able to cherry pick the best from the rest in this country. We could probably get a new manager, assistant manager, a new coach, and few scouts for the same price as what Ally's on now. Keeping such an inept man at the club at such and absurd cost is just nuts.

Steve the IT guy is our scout, where did he scout cribari fifa or football manager.

The longer we go on without a scout let alone a network, It gives Mccoist a ready made excuse.

I'm not the biggest fan of his management but we will need investment in the playing squad before the start of next season.

Aye but aye but....

I've already told you there's barely a Rangers class player in the squad and pointed out the blatantly obvious as to why we couldn't sign them. There's only about 5 players in the whole squad I think could be Rangers class in the top league, Bell, Wallace, McLeod, Aird and perhaps Gallacher. Maybe get a year or two out of Miller if we're lucky.

you keep going on about this rangers class, but what exactly is rangers class, and even then if these players that ally signed arent good enough, then why the fuck did he sign them

2 of our best players right now have came through the youth ranks, now seeing that you'd think maybe ally would think to look at the boys on loan, instead he still wants to strengthen an already bloated squad

we currently have 26 first team squad players not including the ones on loan, 19 of them were allys signings, he's had plenty of chances to sign players and has one of the healthiest first team squads in the country, any additional signings should be told not a chance

you keep going on about this rangers class, but what exactly is rangers class, and even then if these players that ally signed arent good enough, then why the fuck did he sign them

2 of our best players right now have came through the youth ranks, now seeing that you'd think maybe ally would think to look at the boys on loan, instead he still wants to strengthen an already bloated squad

we currently have 26 first team squad players not including the ones on loan, 19 of them were allys signings, he's had plenty of chances to sign players and has one of the healthiest first team squads in the country, any additional signings should be told not a chance

He has been shopping in a market which is extremely limited as to 'Rangers class'

He has been shopping in a market which is extremely limited as to 'Rangers class'

in what manner, define rangers class?

is it a multi million pound signing like kyle lafferty, or a bosman buy like brahim hemdani, a 4million quid buy like bert konterman or a freebie like marvin andrews

everyone talks rangers class, would nicky clark have been classed as Rangers Class playing for QotS, yet now he's been given a run of games he's arguably our best overall striker

is it a multi million pound signing like kyle lafferty, or a bosman buy like brahim hemdani, a 4million quid buy like bert konterman or a freebie like marvin andrews

everyone talks rangers class, would nicky clark have been classed as Rangers Class playing for QotS, yet now he's been given a run of games he's arguably our best overall striker

The ability to trap the ball, see a run, find a player and finish well would be a start

Even players like Hemdani were way above the level of salary that we can afford.

Some players are available (and always have been) at the lower end of the market, but those who have Rangers class potential are very limited. A lot of the players we have simply find the scale of our club hard to deal with, but that is a symptom of the options we have and the market we have had to operate in.

well fuck me walter fair signed a shite load of players beneath rangers class then

Mis read your post, Walters skill was in man-management.

I agree he signed his fair share of shite, he also signed many wonderful players, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Every manager has his fair share of poor signings.

Even players like Hemdani were way above the level of salary that we can afford.

Some players are available (and always have been) at the lower end of the market, but those who have Rangers class potential are very limited. A lot of the players we have simply find the scale of our club hard to deal with, but that is a symptom of the options we have and the market we have had to operate in.

so here is the thing, last summer when ally had a few bob in wage budget burning a hole in his pocket, he signed stevie smith and ricky foster, both of whom failed at rangers and at lower clubs than rangers

so why did ally sign them, yes they arent good enough, yes they arent the level we want to shop at, but why waste the money, if ally couldnt find a player worthy of where we are at the moment then why did he waste the money

he's like a wean going into the sweete shop with his pocket money, seeing his favoured sweet is out of stock, but buying something he doesnt really like simply because he wants to spend the money

thats why i wouldnt give ally another penny again, not because he might buy a bad player (all gaffers do) its because ally will spend money because he has it, no matter who he buys

so here is the thing, last summer when ally had a few bob in wage budget burning a hole in his pocket, he signed stevie smith and ricky foster, both of whom failed at rangers and at lower clubs than rangers

so why did ally sign them, yes they arent good enough, yes they arent the level we want to shop at, but why waste the money, if ally couldnt find a player worthy of where we are at the moment then why did he waste the money

he's like a wean going into the sweete shop with his pocket money, seeing his favoured sweet is out of stock, but buying something he doesnt really like simply because he wants to spend the money

thats why i wouldnt give ally another penny again, not because he might buy a bad player (all gaffers do) its because ally will spend money because he has it, no matter who he buys

It's hard without knowing their salaries, but Foster because he decided we needed a right back, and perhaps someone who played for us in the CL and was captain at Aberdeen was expected to be good enough for a couple of seasons. Smith actually did pretty well in Wallace's absence at the end of last season.

The squad size is definitely a debating point, but I would be surprised if any manager didn't try to use as much of his budget as possible.