Alistair needs new players !

bawsburst

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it free to pay them? No it's not, our wage budget is costing millions.

We didn't spend anything to sign them so how can someone compare them to players we'd have to pay for? A better example would be the likes of Ortiz, Wallace, Templeton.

Not a damn thing, and I personally feel if anyone has a problem with that quote they then are working to more of an anti Ally agenda than they might realise.

Think most of us see the article for what it is. Ally hoping cash injection comes inas he hopes it'll allow him to bring in jan transfer signing.DR and ET, along with sky suggest this. So do the majority of thread posters.There are ally loyal who refuse to accept this is what ally is saying. Or suggest it would be ok as a managers job is to continually improve their squad. Its like auto pilot for ally defense.Its not just the quotes which irk me. Its the knowledge he can't do it without buying his way, even if it puts us into even more shit by spending in Jan. We can't just keep the share issue / spend spend spend merry go round.

No you were. Your previous statement wasnt twisting anything, it was a blatant lie.Erroneousmyarse

Denial, was your word, right?

Bar those in denial, we understand McCoist here is letting it be know he wants ADDITIONAL players in January.

Can assume too then that the youths on loan aren't going to get a look in, they're not the ones Stevie has been watching for Ally.

McCoist hopes the financial injection is in place to allow these signings to happen.

This is fact then? Evidence, quotes?

You read his quotes and then fitted them to your opinion.

Think most of us see the article for what it is. Ally hoping cash injection comes inas he hopes it'll allow him to bring in jan transfer signing.DR and ET, along with sky suggest this. So do the majority of thread posters.There are ally loyal who refuse to accept this is what ally is saying. Or suggest it would be ok as a managers job is to continually improve their squad. Its like auto pilot for ally defense.Its not just the quotes which irk me. Its the knowledge he can't do it without buying his way, even if it puts us into even more shit by spending in Jan. We can't just keep the share issue / spend spend spend merry go round.

regarding the bold part, this is a fact. Any manager not looking to improve is stagnant.

I can not think of many managers who are not ALWAYS looking to improve the squad.

Did he like Pacific Rim? I thought it was shite.

On the scouting network side of things most of us would agree that this, at some point in the future, is a must… however don't get hung up on the "Stevie the I.T guy" quote as this I feel is a crucial side to "scouting" today. The use of technology can give you a more consistent view of a player over several games rather than what most of us think scouting actually is i.e. getting a recommendation attending a game or two to get a feeling for the player and then signing him based on a shorter assessment. The opposite may also happen when you go to watch someone and he has a howler that day and he is one that gets away... technology has to inform the decision to sign a player or not especially when you have very limited resources. It is crucial.

So I think a good scouting system should consist of a mix and balance of player recommendations, I.T and people at games.

In the past some of our teams only consisted of a couple of scouted players, think of the Souness era, Butcher, Woods, Wilkins, Francis etc.. These players never needed scouted as they were English internationals, I wonder what Souness’s scouting network looked like? or Advocaat?

Blame the boards for the wage bills and spending that has been done, they have given the OK for this at every step of the journey.

If any of these boards were strong minded enough they would tell him there is no more money for players, unless he gets rid of some of the dross we already have.

IMO Ally wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't looking for new signings. I think we all agree that this squad wont win the top flight, hence we NEED more players, just like the title suggests.

Denial, was your word, right?

This is fact then? Evidence, quotes?

You read his quotes and then fitted them to your opinion.

You made a statement that I called our club worthless. Do you deny this? Or provide evidence I did.Ultimately I didn't, you simply lied.

regarding the bold part, this is a fact. Any manager not looking to improve is stagnant.

I can not think of many managers who are not ALWAYS looking to improve the squad.

Unfortunately with ally due to his limited ability that means spending more to bring in more players.Its the ally way and he of all problems should know what problems continually spending on players brings.Coach.Train.Develop.Mould.Why when theres no requirement eh?

Don't have a problem with any of what he said tbh, it's true. But the part about wee Stevie the IT guy is a tad embarrassing, and perhaps shouldn't have been stated in the press.

If it encourages us to get off our arse and sort it after over 2 years then it's worth the embarrassment.

what depressed me most about the article is McCoist saying our "scouting department" is "wee Stevie the IT guy"

Hahhahaha that's absoultely brilliant. McCoist has come up with some beauties, but this is probs my favourite. Wee Stevie the IT guy is currently our scouting department! LOL.

Why not get rid of one or two of our overpaid players, that add very little to the squad. Take your pic there's loads of them, and get a team of proper scouts in!

I'll survive. At least you're not denying it now.

I have nothing to deny. You made a statement. My opinion from your statement was that you saw no value in our players. Meaning they have no worth, ergo you think we're worthless.

Just because you didn't say it outright wont stop people assuming what you meant. Sound familiar?

I have nothing to deny. You made a statement. My opinion from your statement was that you saw no value in our players. Meaning they have no worth, ergo you think we're worthless.

Just because you didn't say it outright wont stop people assuming what you meant. Sound familiar?

Sounds like you're a liar in denial.