Police Investigating a Twatter Troll

NamibianBear

The reason I don't have Twitter is in case I get steaming and give a Tim abuse because I know I'd end up losing my job or facing a jail term. So this wee guy deserves everything he gets. To be honest I think we should be reporting these kind of things more often because we are always portrayed as the bad guys when the truth is the total opposite!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now simmer down, roll out the evidence of bears on here defending someone mocking the Ibrox disaster....

As I've previously said the issue is on the original thread I felt myself arguing with other bears about the punishment the wee dick deserved. I felt he should have lost his job and got jailed where as other people were of the opinion it was football banter and he shouldve kept his job etc

As I've previously said the issue is on the original thread I felt myself arguing with other bears about the punishment the wee dick deserved. I felt he should have lost his job and got jailed where as other people were of the opinion it was football banter and he shouldve kept his job etc

So not defending him then?

So that'll be no one defending him then?

Im aware, i seen it.

I don't recall anyone defending his actions and it appears several posters and an admin do not either.

I think some were saying he should not be reported at his work, Which i think he still should. I think that was the defending bridos talking about.

There was a quote saying along the lines of 'football banter' which I was actually referring to. just the fact I was arguing with another Bears in here left a bad taste. Maybe that's where the 'defending' comment came from.

Last thing I wanted was to argue with half the folk on here with my comment!

...other people were of the opinion ot was football banter and he shouldve kept his job etc

You're referring to me here, and you're completely wrong.

As the poster who voiced the opinion, I am best placed to know what the opinion was.

The opinion was that the poster should be referred to focus, and that we Rangers fans should not be encouraging each other to phone up employers demanding people be sacked. Things should be done properly.

Not least of all because 'Mr Bell' now has an easy opportunity to claim that any future trial will be prejudiced due to the actions of such callers.

At no time did I say that it was just football banter, nor did I suggest that he should keep his job - I said that we should not start a witch hunt, because witch-hunts are ugly and not the kind of thing I want any part of.

Bear in mind that someone misidentified the twitter account on that thread too - we came close to potentially ruining an innocent man's life. :unsure:

There was a quote saying along the lines of 'football banter' which I was actually referring to. just the fact I was arguing with another Bears in here left a bad taste. Maybe that's where the 'defending' comment came from.

Last thing I wanted was to argue with half the folk on here with my comment!

I understand the point you make about the difference between football banter and outright disrespect, some people are unaware of the difference, as is the case of this troll halfwit.

I personally don't think a person should be jailed for singing a song (TBB for example) at a football match. This I would consider winding up the opposition and as football banter where the opposition has the opportunity to retaliate justifiably.

On the other hand any derogatory remarks against the victims of the 71 disaster at Ibrox or any other stadia are taboo and completely out of order, as they do not have the right of reply, this is an absolute disgrace, and the laws of decency should be applied, plus the law of the land brought to bear on the person or persons perpetrating this abuse of the tragic event, not to mention the living relatives of the dead who have to live with the loss of loved ones every day of their lives, until they too pass on.

This reprobate has breached the bounds of decency in this case, and cannot be "defended" and should be punished accordingly.

:7325:

Albear: Funny thing that! My girl does her Kaboom stint every year in Holland were different teams all compete at the amateur dramatics. Her theme this year is CSI. Last time I was over there we spent all our time looking for torches with blue light and eventually found them. She bought the orange glasses online. I better not do anything wrong, or I'm done for. :sherlock:

My own tuppence, down south you have Munich and Heysel for idiot trolling fans posting shit.

This Tweet was not funny at all, he deserves to lose his job (fool's Twitter account linked), jail no chance.

A drunk neddish troll move on, nothing to see here.

I understand the point you make about the difference between football banter and outright disrespect, some people are unaware of the difference, as is the case of this troll halfwit.

I personally don't think a person should be jailed for singing a song (TBB for example) at a football match. This I would consider winding up the opposition and as football banter where the opposition has the opportunity to retaliate justifiably.

On the other hand any derogatory remarks against the victims of the 71 disaster at Ibrox or any other stadia are taboo and completely out of order, as they do not have the right of reply, this is an absolute disgrace, and the laws of decency should be applied, plus the law of the land brought to bear on the person or persons perpetrating this abuse of the tragic event, not to mention the living relatives of the dead who have to live with the loss of loved ones every day of their lives, until they too pass on.

This reprobate has breached the bounds of decency in this case, and cannot be "defended" and should be punished accordingly.

:7325:

Football banter is all good and fun when it is banter. When it is sung in a way designed to cause maximum aggravation then it does need to be stopped. The laws of the land are clear with regards inciting violence. How you determine that fine line I do not know.

I personally think the offended brigade do take stuff too far. They can call each other fenians, we are not allowed to use that nasty word in case we offend someone. Black guys can call each other niggers or kaffirs, a white guy would get the jail for a comment like that. Do we really get offended by being called h*** or do we laugh it off?

The correct thing to do in this case would be to pass the matter to the appropriate authorities and let them deal with it. Some offended Rangers fans phoning his work is uncalled for. The guy is a cretin. A stupid drunken remark that should never have been made will cost this guy his job and respect of people about him if there is any justice left in this world.

. Some offended Rangers fans phoning his work is uncalled for. The guy is a cretin. A stupid drunken remark that should never have been made will cost this guy his job and respect of people about him if there is any justice left in this world.

why? if a comedian makes sick comments on the forum of television they get complaints to their broadcaster, watchdogs, police etc. - Twitter is also a forum so the complaints have gone that way too.