£10 million to spend in January?

CrackFox

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said the last time a potential 'war-chest' was mentioned, would we even want it in January?

Not only is a bad time to sign players, we've also had no scouting network for close to three years now, so if we go out and sign a load of players how can we be confident or sure that they have been properly assessed/evaluated/scouted for what our needs are going to be in a few months time?

If any money is available in January McCoist is highly likely to go back to previous targets which means more players who aren't going to be good enough six months down the road i.e Murray Davidson.

Getting a scouting team in and getting them out there looking at players for six months is going to be more beneficial in the long run than signing a load of guys in January will be.

You're going to be so disappointed if we're successful this season. Not on your own there though.

Fuck up Albear.

Everyone knows Ally isn't long term so any money we have should be put by for the new manager.

Just because people realise it means they want the club to fail?

:lol:

Aye ok Al

As I said the last time a potential 'war-chest' was mentioned, would we even want it in January?

Not only is a bad time to sign players, we've also had no scouting network for close to three years now, so if we go out and sign a load of players how can we be confident or sure that they have been properly assessed/evaluated/scouted for what our needs are going to be in a few months time?

If any money is available in January McCoist is highly likely to go back to previous targets which means more players who aren't going to be good enough six months down the road i.e Murray Davidson.

Getting a scouting team in and getting them out there looking at players for six months is going to be more beneficial in the long run than signing a load of guys in January will be.

(tu)

Spot on.

on the other hand they could be pishing themselves laughing at this entire thread and the one in the Boardroom.

£10M - in a January transfer window, in the Championship, in Scotland - its so far fetched it is laughable.

At least it`s cheered everyone up! Well, nearly everyone! It`s that long since I read anything even remotely positive about our club`s position,I got carried away and started a thread! :cool:

Wages for the season in the bottom tier on playing wages was stated to be £8M, the following season Ally said the wage bill was down slightly but similar, this season we've pretty much brought in signings which should have maintained or upped that.

Management/Coaching staff comes in at £2M-£2.5M per yer so all in all £30M by the end of this season seems a fair enough figure unless you can show me where I've went wrong. I haven't seen other figures so if you can correct me I'm fair enough to admit I'm wrong.

8m was inc the tuped players. most were out on loan or gone quickly. after that the wage bill was reduced to 40% of turnover around 6.5m and this year reduced further to just under 35% thats for first team squad

Lolololol. Ive never seen so much pish on a thread. There's too many guys on here who have been playing too much football manager!

You all slag McCoist yet the guy has won every division this far and got us to a scottish cup semi and league cup semi this year. He can only be judged after a few seasons in the top flight and provided he is on a financially level playing field with the jungle jims. McCoist has not had any money to spend since getting the job and has no right to be judged until he has spent real cash. Years ago, Rangers supporters would stick by a man like McCoist because he was a legend and stuck by the club through thick and thin. Sadly, new fans of the club behave like spoilt brats, demanding this and that and seem to think they know it all when in fact, they have no clue about the game, attempting to educate those of us who do know a thing or too. It's hilarious.

Just a small possibiity but...... could we maybe use some of Newcastles scouting to help us out in the short to medium term?

If this were to be true - £10 million does seem like a lot of money. I'd say it is the right time to do it which would give any newcomers time to settle into our training techniques, and then dismiss them totally. I'd also hope that Ally won't be solely responsible for spending such a lot of money. McCall is not free and he may be able to do a good job of identifying some players, but whatever happens in the future, January would be a good time to get some players bedded in.

10% or 100% of our turnover, it doesn't change the fact we are regularly pish against teams 1/10th or less the financial worth of our first team squad.

but you expect us to beat the tims. budget is an excuse wheeled out when suited.

we spend a fraction of what we could on the team and what we spend is fully justifiable when trying to attract 50000 fans.

the aim is not to compete with scottish dross .

how many points did we win the leagues by?