charlie telfer

ianferguson

It's been six months since he kicked a ball for Gers so can't believe how long it's gone on. If the shoe was on the other foot it'd be dealt with pronto and probably set at max comp.I thought this would be higher profile with Thompsons defence saying we're only a two year old club !!

Dundee Utd, cheeky bastards alleged that we werr due next to nothing for him since contractually he has only been at THIS team for 2 years, Rangers should have went pedal to the metal at them for this

Unfortunately the guy who should have sorted Thompson out did go pedal to the metal , but only to get out of town fast with yet another pay off ! Wallace was one big fat waste of space.

Dundee United are understood to have offered £100,000 to Rangers as a compensatory fee for Charlie Telfer.

A tribunal has yet to be set up to rule on how much money the Light Blues are entitled to receive for bringing the 19-year-old midfielder through the ranks at Ibrox.

The fear is that it could drag into the new year because of legal complications.

In the meantime, the Tangerines have upped their figure from the original £60,000 plus VAT but Rangers are still believed to be seeking around £200,000 for their former youth team player.

It's been six months since he kicked a ball for Gers so can't believe how long it's gone on. If the shoe was on the other foot it'd be dealt with pronto and probably set at max comp.I thought this would be higher profile with Thompsons defence saying we're only a two year old club !!

Have a look at Falkirk vs Bradford for compensation. Can take years sometimes.

I heard Jim Spence on Rafio Scotland last night saying that "if the tribunal find that Rangers are a new club then they won't be able to go back to when the boy was 12 " ( I am paraphrasing but you get the jist.) This was just after he acknowledged that you have to be careful what you say as he had found out in the past!?!?!

I heard Jim Spence on Rafio Scotland last night saying that "if the tribunal find that Rangers are a new club then they won't be able to go back to when the boy was 12 " ( I am paraphrasing but you get the jist.) This was just after he acknowledged that you have to be careful what you say as he had found out in the past!?!?!

What?????? How the fuck could they even consider this considering the amount of evidence to the contrary, and btw fuck Jim Spence!

Dundee United are understood to have offered £100,000 to Rangers as a compensatory fee for Charlie Telfer.

A tribunal has yet to be set up to rule on how much money the Light Blues are entitled to receive for bringing the 19-year-old midfielder through the ranks at Ibrox.

The fear is that it could drag into the new year because of legal complications.

In the meantime, the Tangerines have upped their figure from the original £60,000 plus VAT but Rangers are still believed to be seeking around £200,000 for their former youth team player.

Scumdee United chairman has now come out and said they haven't up their offer, says it still stands at the figure they offered in the summer.

Aye alright then Jim

If the tribunal find that Rangers are a new club then we should appeal and ask that Stokes ,Lennon,liewell and the Pope be removed from tribuneral when reconvened.

I'm not sure on the way the tribunal would evaluate it, but the 'new' thing is not necessarily the same as the argument we have won a million times as it may not be about the club, but about the employing entity, which is the company (hence our issues with TUPE transfers, etc)

Hold out for over a million for him hes gone now so ensure we get more than he was worth now