14 Football Supporters Arrested.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately that is probably the biggest difference between the 70s and now, police have lost the initiative.. On a serious note I believe the riots of a few years ago where the police basically surrendered the streets without a fight, and the constant intimidation of police with mobile phones etc has led to their loss of credibility and allowed a lot of idiots to think the police really are incapable of acting.

Contrast with the seventies when dozens of arrests wee not uncommon, but accepted,at many games, and if a policeman told you to jump you either did it or ended up in the van. During the Hampden riot the police were in the middle with the horses etc. Could you see the police coping with that scenario now ?

Nope, I honestly couldn't. I think there's a good chance we'll get to find out at this semi final mind you, has potential to be chaos.

My reason for replying in this thread was the police saying a wee tug of war with some school kids was 'disorder'. If that is what counts as disorder over here then you can only imagine they would shite themselves if they ever ended up in a situation like there was at the italy - Croatia game the other night or like we see on a regular basis through Europe. Genuine riots, not a wee bit of pushing and shoving. (tu)

They should be cleared by the CCTV then

I'd imagine the fact 8 of the arrested weren't even at the game, will be enough to clear them. The guy who left with his mother will be seen leaving on CCTV at half time. The other 5 who were arrested; well they may of actually done something. Who knows.

I'd imagine the fact 8 of the arrested weren't even at the game, will be enough to clear them. The guy who left with his mother will be seen leaving on CCTV at half time. The other 5 who were arrested; well they may of actually done something. Who knows.

Did the situation not happen before halftime?

The young guys will need to provide an alibi as I am sure the police would have good reason to believe it was them.

Did the situation not happen before halftime?

The young guys will need to provide an alibi as I am sure the police would have good reason to believe it was them.

Not having a ticket to the game, is a pretty good alibi i'd suspect.

And yes believe it happened around 32 minutes into the first half, but you're not going to run over and start rammying with the polis when you're 14 with your mum sitting next to you.

Yet again, for getting themselves in trouble for embarrasing stupidity.

Standing up for other fans.

Was the guy who was bevvied hurting anyone? Putting anyone in danger? He was a guy who had a few too many but shouldn't be getting huckled out a stadium.

Seen as the police are quite happy going to people's door, why not just pull the guy up at a later date instead of going through doors of teenagers?

Was the guy who was bevvied hurting anyone? Putting anyone in danger? He was a guy who had a few too many but shouldn't be getting huckled out a stadium.

Seen as the police are quite happy going to people's door, why not just pull the guy up at a later date instead of going through doors of teenagers?

They never went charging in with riot gear to remove one person. The guy was asked to leave by a steward, then by 2 policemen, then that is when the kids(going by the people ages that were arrested) tan down and started either trying to pull the guy back, or get in the way.

The boy that was there with his mother hopefully will be fine with his mothers testimony, the others will need a better story than they never got a ticket. Hopefully they will be able to prove where they were, as the police must of got their names, or faces from somewhere.

They never went charging in with riot gear to remove one person. The guy was asked to leave by a steward, then by 2 policemen, then that is when the kids(going by the people ages that were arrested) tan down and started either trying to pull the guy back, or get in the way.

The boy that was there with his mother hopefully will be fine with his mothers testimony, the others will need a better story than they never got a ticket. Hopefully they will be able to prove where they were, as the police must of got their names, or faces from somewhere.

A few people were arrested last week so names might have been given from one of those boys.

Whilst I will never condone violence we are being treated not like football fans but like anarchists with over the top surveillance. It will be interesting to see (but I know it will not be reported) how many of them 14 actually get reported to the PF....and out of that number who gets convicted.

Also if some posters are saying people where not actually even there as fellow bears we should be helping them prove their innocence quickly......I would hate for some teenager to accept a caution or something worse because he has no-one helping him with sound advice

Being out of your face inside a football stadium is an offence in itself.

Being out of your face inside a football stadium is an offence in itself.

You're wasting your time mate.

Physically manhandling a man from police possession is perfectly normal behaviour. It's the behaviour Britain was built on and anyway, "back in the day, we used to look out for each other".

Daft, wee, Stone Island obsessed, Adidas Gazelle sporting, hoods-with-goggles wearing neds.

Physically manhandling a man from police possession is perfectly normal behaviour. It's the behaviour Britain was built on and anyway, "back in the day, we used to look out for each other".

Daft, wee, Stone Island obsessed, Adidas Gazelle sporting, hoods-with-goggles wearing neds.

:lol:

I know. It's a wee Ned subculture thing where you feel like some kind of hero because you've not stopped your mate getting into a shite situation (by, say, not letting them get that pished in the first place), but instead let them get into a shite situation by letting them get out of their face then heroically try to stop the police, knowing that it won't work. So the heroic part to these people isn't helping your friend, because you won't by tugging him away from the police (they will almost always win), you've already missed the chance to do that. It's joining him in his shit situation.

I know I'd prefer my mates to stop me getting in the shit situation in the first place, rather than have them put on some false show of comradeship by acting like twits with the police and getting themselves charged too.

Who needs enemies

What if he was yer pal at the fitbaw you went with every week? Yer best mate, family even? Would hate to go to the fitbaw with some of the cunts in this thread :lol:

Ye go with some of these posters and get into bother, yer on yer own,half of them wid citizens arrest their own mates if they got a bit boisterous and sang the wrong song.

You can tell the posters who have never had interaction with the filth and think the fans deserve everything they get.

You're the only embarrassment to Rangers as far as I'm concerned.

On what basis? Honestly, please explain that to me. Justify your comment.

I follow my club up-and-down the country, every single week. Naturally, I adhere to social normality at games.

On the other hands, my objection to teenage neds manhandling people from the possession of police is an issue?

On what basis? Honestly, please explain that to me. Justify your comment.

I follow my club up-and-down the country, every single week. Naturally, I adhere to social normality at games.

On the other hands, my objection to teenage neds manhandling people from the possession of police is an issue?

See aw this 'Berwick to Barca, Montrose to Manchester, I follow my club every week' give it a fucking rest, there are thousands of us who do and don't feel the need to brag about it, it doesn't make you a superior fan and it doesn't mean you can take the moral high ground over the rest of our support.

You're an embarrassment for attacking Rangers fans for defending their own and siding with the police.

It's sickening.

See aw this 'Berwick to Barca, Montrose to Manchester, I follow my club every week' give it a fucking rest, there are thousands of us who do and don't feel the need to brag about it, it doesn't make you a superior fan and it doesn't mean you can take the moral high ground over the rest of our support.

You're an embarrassment for attacking Rangers fans for defending their own and siding with the police.

It's sickening.

It was a direct response and support for basis to your "you're an embarrassment" comment, you absolute moron.

Defending their own? The guy was drunk, falling over seating and that is against the law. As much as I disagree with that law, we can't take it into our own hands. This isn't GTA. The guy eventually willingly left with the police, emphasising and justifying their actions.

How hard is that to understand? In what way, shape or form is grabbing the guy in numbers acceptable?

That makes them an embarrassment to this club, no me. It makes them anti-social fucks.

It was a direct response and support for basis to your "you're an embarrassment" comment, you absolute moron.

Defending their own? The guy was drunk, falling over seating and that is against the law. As much as I disagree with that law, we can't take it into our own hands. This isn't GTA. The guy eventually willingly left with the police, emphasising and justifying their actions.

How hard is that to understand? In what way, shape or form is grabbing the guy in numbers acceptable?

That makes them an embarrassment to this club, no me. It makes them anti-social fucks.

You posted the 'Montrose to Manchester and Berwick to Barca' bit before I even posted in this thread, you absolute moron.

I don't agree with the assessment that defending your own is an embarrassment but I guess we were brought up to think differently in that regard.

Can we not wait until they have at least had their day in court before we start slating them.

Personally speaking do the police need to turn up at a 14 year old's at six am in the morning??? There are not terrorists or drug dealers.

I think more should be made of the yet more overeaction from the plod