14 Football Supporters Arrested.

I made my point earlier. Did you miss it ? Its in this thread, anyway, first post from me, auld yin. (tu)

Good for you, you made a point. I made quite a few points earlier. I honestly dont give a stuff whether you missed them or not.

Are you attention seeking now ? Of course you are. Well there's a big empty forum for you to make any more of your self interested points on if you want to. Hope you get some attention. Good luck kiddo (tu)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 arrests! Sounds like a riot! Who was hurt? How many ambulances called? Was the RAF called out? Fkn plod wankers got nothing better to do! Caught the gang of Asian rapists in the car yet? Na too busy typing up this mountain of paperwork for these extremely dangerous wee boys.

not defending drunks ar football but it is actually against the law for a publican to serve anyone alcohol until he is drunk.It is also a crime to serve alcohol to a drunk person.So how many prosecutions for that? How many people stabbed.slashed,glassed,fems raped,beaten from pubs?

Typical plod,grab a drunk geezer at a football match instead.

I don't know. Seeing as you're making the comparison and are clearly a little angry about it, I'm sure you've done your research. Feel free to tell us the stats.

Yeah, I understand those arguments and have sympathy with them.

I suppose it's just that football is regarded as a special case because of what's happened there before, but if that's the case, the same should apply in pubs arguably. I guess the authorities simply regard a large football crowd being drunk as more of a potential problem, with the inherent aggression and rivalry involved in it, than people entering a pub where they're going to drink and, realistically, get drunk anyway in a circumstance where there is less of an inherent issue. I suppose, in terms of putting the guy out of the ground on his own, the police could justify it by saying that he wasn't drunk enough to be a danger to himself in normal circumstances, but was in the environment of a football atmosphere. They'd have to have some view like that of drunkenness in a stadium, otherwise they'd have responsibility for any passing drunk in the street they come across. That may seem like a bit of a stretch, but I suppose what I'm saying is it's actually quite a difficult piece of legislation for them to deal with. Ten people trying to come to the aid of someone when they are trying to make a decision is only going to make it harder and result in further problems.

I'm maybe just being a bit naive because it's been so long since we've had that real fury of a match against rivals where alcohol may make things worse, it just doesn't happen against Cowdenbeath. My approach would see only those that actually do cause trouble punished though other than just people that the police think might potentially cause trouble (I'm not really sure how much punishment goes on, I'd hazard a guess at most cases being dropped or disposed of with a fiscal fine and additionally the majority of folk that go to the football drunk go unchallenged anyway)

14 arrests! Sounds like a riot! Who was hurt? How many ambulances called? Was the RAF called out? Fkn plod wankers got nothing better to do! Caught the gang of Asian rapists in the car yet? Na too busy typing up this mountain of paperwork for these extremely dangerous wee boys.

Yeah, you're right. All offences should be ignored unless a riot is caused, ambulances are called or the RAF is called out.

I'm sure communities around the country would be pleased to find out that all crime was to be completely ignored in the future except for the most serious ones.

It's a policy, I suppose. I just doubt it would be a popular one.

I'm maybe just being a bit naive because it's been so long since we've had that real fury of a match against rivals where alcohol may make things worse, it just doesn't happen against Cowdenbeath. My approach would see only those that actually do cause trouble punished though other than just people that the police think might potentially cause trouble (I'm not really sure how much punishment goes on, I'd hazard a guess at most cases being dropped or disposed of with a fiscal fine and additionally the majority of folk that go to the football drunk go unchallenged anyway)

Fair enough. Although, all I would say is I'd rather we prevented crime and disorder as well as punished it. I don't have a problem with preventative offence legislation in some circumstances. Football, where large and dangerous riots have happened before, seems a decent shout for a few to me. Although I recognise it's far from perfect and not particularly easy legislation to enforce.

Has the culture of the majority, or specific sections of the fans changed, and drunkeness is now much more unacceptable at games, Ttraditionally alcohol and drunkeness were seen by most fans (and Scots in general perhaps) as an integral part of going to the game and even accepted and encouraged.

Perhaps now the stadiums are all seated, and more families and women are going to the game, the the old traditional gung ho male drunkeness is accepted less ?

And a wee bit of trouble was sometimes accepted as well, as the atmosphere was more aggressive (not comparing to incident above as I never saw 10 people trying to stop an arrest at an actual game at Ibrox, at least without it being sorted out very quickly and aggressively by the police, the above would probably,have been laughed at by majority of fans, but could have led to more reaction and trouble if the police had been seen as weak and intimidated).

So is drunkedness, even non- aggressive drunkedness now a lot less acceptable amongst even hard core fans at games ? ((Neutral question, as I've been on both side of the fence at games for that one, although never annoyed anyone too much or got in trouble.)

Has the culture of the majority, or specific sections of the fans changed, and drunkeness is now much more unacceptable at games, Ttraditionally alcohol and drunkeness were seen by most fans (and Scots in general perhaps) as an integral part of going to the game and even accepted and encouraged.

Perhaps now the stadiums are all seated, and more families and women are going to the game, the the old traditional gung ho male drunkeness is accepted less ?

And a wee bit of trouble was sometimes accepted as well, as the atmosphere was more aggressive (not comparing to incident above as I never saw 10 people trying to stop an arrest at an actual game at Ibrox, at least without it being sorted out very quickly and aggressively by the police, the above would probably,have been laughed at by majority of fans, but could have led to more reaction and trouble if the police had been seen as weak and intimidated).

So is drunkedness, even non- aggressive drunkedness now a lot less acceptable amongst even hard core fans at games ? ((Neutral question, as I've been on both side of the fence at games for that one, although never annoyed anyone too much or got in trouble.)

I think, though have no direct evidence to back up the claim, that behaviour is generally better than a few decades ago. Remember post-match at Hampden when if you collected all the empty cans and recycled them you could have built a small car. So yes more drunks at the match back in the day.

However -- you were always aware that you never argued with the polis or you would lose, simple. So, whatever the justification, to try to 'rescue' someone from police custody was just dumb, no matter your age.

Remember Manchester when we gubbed them in a friendly. I was standing enjoying a 'big screw tap' when I felt a rather heavy hand on my shoulder. Turing around slowly I saw pc plod and almost had a Al K Murray moment. Thought I was getting lifted. Copper says " i think I'll take that" to which I sheepishly replied "ok"....... enjoyed the rest of the game. Like I said, take on the police and there will be only one winner.

If even one young bear heeds this advice, job done.

I think, though have no direct evidence to back up the claim, that behaviour is generally better than a few decades ago. Remember post-match at Hampden when if you collected all the empty cans and recycled them you could have built a small car. So yes more drunks at the match back in the day.

However -- you were always aware that you never argued with the polis or you would lose, simple. So, whatever the justification, to try to 'rescue' someone from police custody was just dumb, no matter your age.

Remember Manchester when we gubbed them in a friendly. I was standing enjoying a 'big screw tap' when I felt a rather heavy hand on my shoulder. Turing around slowly I saw pc plod and almost had a Al K Murray moment. Thought I was getting lifted. Copper says " i think I'll take that" to which I sheepishly replied "ok"....... enjoyed the rest of the game. Like I said, take on the police and there will be only one winner.

If even one young bear heeds this advice, job done.

Think there was a bit of trouble at that one too, as I believe the Man United fans disputed our right to the best bit of the terrace at Old Trafford and ended up being chased out of that part of the ground ?

Think tas a wee bit of trouble at that one too, as I believe the Man United fans disputed our right to the best bit of the terrace at Old Trafford and ended up being chased out of that part of the ground ?

I went into the Stretford end purely by accident, they looked surprised when we decided to 'recycle' our empties among them :D

Mind you bastards got their revenge on us --- leaving the city our coach window (drivers window) was smashed by the bastards --- that was a long cold drive back to Glasgow.

Instead of preventing real crimes or catching rapists and murderers, they go through the doors of teenage boys who pulled a guy off the police at the football.

Great work.

It's like talking to a boulder.

The phrase never argue with an idiot springs to mind.

Hardly the biggest crime of the year but they can't really complain. They broke the law by trying to stop the police from doing their jobs.

Silly thing to do but surely banning orders would be too far? Warning off the PF and get on your way!

All this speculation but I think we are short of a few facts for those who were close by.

What I saw from the centreline was this :

Two or three stewards trying to get a guy out, about halfway down the stairs in the corner, no idea whether drunk or pulled out for sing, didn't hear anything prior to this.

The stewards started taking abuse, being swarmed/swamped, couple of polis came to assist, more swarmed in, polis & stewards backed off to pitch level.

Polis just watched, filmed & waited. Later the 'drunk' was taken away handcuffed, smiling, by a big polis. Did hear on the radio a half hour after the game that there had been an incident inside '& outside' the ground & one arrest.

Would be good to have a second opinion from those who were right there .............

So the police are not the victims here.

And there appears to be nobody disagreeing with the police removing the old guy, so he's not a victim.

So the only hard done by "victims" are the wee neds who got involved in something they should not have, Deary dear.

In my day if they'd been daft wee boys they'd have got a skelping from their dad as well, when they got home. :)

Think I've read every post and that about sums it up.