managerial shortlist

KingKirk

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So as you belittle every suggestion made so far who would you recommend?

Is pointing out facts belittling them? Certainly wouldn't be any of the names I've seen so far. Although if you want me to belittle them

Souness has said he has no interest in managing again.

Davies is a cunt with a dodgy record and even dodgier pals.

Mixu Paatelainen is just a ridiculous suggestion. He's won one game in the Euro qualifiers so far. Against the might of the Faroe Isles.

Darren Ferguson isn't a great option and has been publicly criticised today by his chairman for setting his team out to draw at home and not making changes until the game was lost (familiar?)

Advocaat is a ridiculous suggestion. Same goes for AVB & Michael Laudrup. Almost as plausible as Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp.

I've seen some suggest Miller as player manager. Oddly the same folk that piss and whine about appointing an untried manager in McCoist.

Stuart McCall has garnered a reputation as some kind of managerial guru. Based on finishing 30 points behind Celtic

McInnes has done nothing bar win the league cup (but he drew with Alloa and we all know it's an unforgiveable sin to draw with a team from a division below.)

Steven Pressley narrowly avoided relegating Coventry last season.

Have I missed anyone?

Is pointing out facts belittling them? Certainly wouldn't be any of the names I've seen so far. Although if you want me to belittle them

Mixu Paatelainen is just a ridiculous suggestion. He's won one game in the Euro qualifiers so far. Against the might of the Faroe Isles.

Darren Ferguson isn't a great option and has been publicly criticised today by his chairman for setting his team out to draw at home and not making changes until the game was lost (familiar?)

Advocaat is a ridiculous suggestion. Same goes for AVB & Michael Laudrup. Almost as plausible as Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp.

I've seen some suggest Miller as player manager. Oddly the same folk that piss and whine about appointing an untried manager in McCoist.

Stuart McCall has garnered a reputation as some kind of managerial guru. Based on finishing 30 points behind Celtic

McInnes has done nothing bar win the league cup (but he drew with Alloa and we all know it's an unforgiveable sin to draw with a team from a division below.)

Have I missed anyone?

So to ask the question again who would you suggest?

Have I missed anyone?

Calderwood, McLiesh as well

Also , I keep saying it said that a new manager will improve things over night simply due to the standard of players at his disposal. Any one see how Man U have been doing this season with the new manager who will improve things overnight because of the standard of players at his disposal?

So to ask the question again who would you suggest?

I suppose we need to get real and think who would come and from that list, who would be best suited with the necessary skills needed to take us forward, even if only to the end of the season and give us a serious chance of promotion.

I can only hope that Ashley will give us a pleasant surprise to engraciate the fans and secure his investment.

I wouldn't suggest anyone as I don't think there is anywhere near a candidate who is suitable and will move us forward. If you replace shit with shit then you've still got shit.

So is it you want Ally to continue, or is it just your usual exercise of trying to shoot down anyone elses suggestions?

Calderwood, McLiesh as well

Ah McLeish. Where do I start with him.

The worst run of results in the clubs history bar none. We regularly moan about Ally playing players out of position. Well let me present Novo, Prso, Murray, Ricksen, Khizanishvili, Bob Malcolm and a few I've likely forgot.

Shite signings? Mladenovic, Bernard, Emerson, Ostenstad, Capucho, Jeffers, Maniero, Nieto, Bonnisel, Eggen, Ian Murray

Humiliating cup results? Zizkow, losing 3-0 to Hibs at Ibrox

Developing youth? How many homegrown players became key members of the first team? Alan Hutton.

So is it you want Ally to continue, or is it just your usual exercise of trying to shoot down anyone elses suggestions?

Usual exercise of shooting down suggestions? You've only been on here a few months and this would be the first time in a long time I've even entered into a discussion about who should replace McCoist. ;)

Usual exercise of shooting down suggestions? You've only been on here a few months and this would be the first time in a long time I've even entered into a discussion about who should replace McCoist. ;)

Actually been around here a lot longer than a few months but even if I hadn't my question is still valid. Still no answer from you though to my last question.

So why is Laudrup a ridiculous suggestion ? we paid Ally nearly double what he was getting.

And do you think for a second that he's going to come and manage in the Scottish Championship or continue in his post in Qatar?

He was on 700k at Swansea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301481/Swansea-Michael-Laudrup-10million-release-clause-new-contract.html

Ah McLeish. Where do I start with him.

The worst run of results in the clubs history bar none. We regularly moan about Ally playing players out of position. Well let me present Novo, Prso, Murray, Ricksen, Khizanishvili, Bob Malcolm and a few I've likely forgot.

Shite signings? Mladenovic, Bernard, Emerson, Ostenstad, Capucho, Jeffers, Maniero, Nieto, Bonnisel, Eggen, Ian Murray

Humiliating cup results? Zizkow, losing 3-0 to Hibs at Ibrox

Developing youth? How many homegrown players became key members of the first team? Alan Hutton.

The whole point is that, the suggestions are better than McCoist.

I remember McLeish and hated him being in charge, I've stated it many times before on here. The simple fact is, he's better than McCoist - for now that is a reason to replace him. At least McLeish had a bit of steel and a dropped pair of happy sacs.

The whole point is that, the suggestions are better than McCoist.

I remember McLeish and hated him being in charge, I've stated it many times before on here. The simple fact is, he's better than McCoist - for now that is a reason to replace him. At least McLeish had a bit of steel and a dropped pair of happy sacs.

So how do we afford to pay McCoist and his assistants off, pay compensation to Genk for McLeish and allow him the ineveitable spending he needs to strengthen the squad when we need to take loans to pay players wages and are making staff redundant?

Tell me how has he fared since leaving Rangers?

McLeish had a bit of steel? As Rangers boss? Was that the steel that saw us lose 7 games on the bounce against Celtic?

And do you think for a second that he's going to come and manage in the Scottish Championship or continue in his post in Qatar?

He was on 700k at Swansea

http://www.dailymail...w-contract.html

I`m sure I read he was on £520k somewhere.maybe he got a rise. Still less than Ally.

His deal is almost up in Qatar.

I think Rangers could defiantly interest him.

It would be a fool to rule him out.

I`d like to see us offer him it and take it from there.

If not lets see who applies.

I`m not against untried managers as I`d still like to see Ronald de Boer here.

But one thing for sure is we need Ally out now and we need a name who could bring the fans back.

Forget all the McCalls , Davis etc as they wouldn`t stir an interest which would draw the crowds.

The proper appointment could fill the ground.

So how do we afford to pay McCoist and his assistants off, pay compensation to Genk for McLeish and allow him the ineveitable spending he needs to strengthen the squad when we need to take loans to pay players wages and are making staff redundant?

Tell me how has he fared since leaving Rangers?

McLeish had a bit of steel? As Rangers boss? Was that the steel that saw us lose 7 games on the bounce against Celtic?

He also won his fair share of trophies against the best Celtic team in a generation, while downsizing. McCleish suffered when he tried to build his own team.