managerial shortlist

KingKirk

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do we afford to pay McCoist and his assistants off, pay compensation to Genk for McLeish and allow him the ineveitable spending he needs to strengthen the squad when we need to take loans to pay players wages and are making staff redundant?

I always find this a stupid argument as we`ll have to find the money to pay him off at some time. The longer you wait the more it could cost the team by reduced crowds and maybe no promotion.

He also won his fair share of trophies against the best Celtic team in a generation, while downsizing. McCleish suffered when he tried to build his own team.

And thats a big part of the problem. A huge chunk of the squad is out of contract at the end of the season. McLeish would need to build a squad under far tighter financial restrictions than he faced last time out.

And thats a big part of the problem. A huge chunk of the squad is out of contract at the end of the season. McLeish would need to build a squad under far tighter financial restrictions than he faced last time out.

Oh I'm not saying get McCleish in, I just think you're being a wee bit unfair.

So is it you want Ally to continue, or is it just your usual exercise of trying to shoot down anyone elses suggestions?

Your question was already answered. Fairly easy to spot.

Nope you didn't answer it. Never really thought you would as seems to be the norm. Anyway can hear the nurse calling to give me my meds so I'm off. :)

I always find this a stupid argument as we`ll have to find the money to pay him off at some time. The longer you wait the more it could cost the team by reduced crowds and maybe no promotion.

We'll get promoted. In each of the last two years we've had posters insist we wont get promoted. We did both times. Comfortably. We'll go up this season.

You're right to a degree. We very well may need to do it but just now we haven't got the cash to pay wages without loans, never mind pay off the management team.

We have 12 players out of contract at the end of the season. We might end up with McCoist and a load of 1 yr extensions to shite players contracts. I'd rather get someone on with good contacts and start rebuilding in the summer regardless of which league we find ourselves in.

Cool, but what about the managing side? Would he take it? Has he been out of the game too long?

Souness has went public and stated he has no interest whatsoever in returning to football management. He said it fairly recently on Sky when it was mentioned and has said it as far back as 2009 after getting knocked back for the Scotland job.

Souness has went public and stated he has no interest whatsoever in returning to football management. He said it fairly recently on Sky when it was mentioned and has said it as far back as 2009 after getting knocked back for the Scotland job.

Of course he's not going to do it, love him to, but no chance. He had a heart operation as well, he'll just not be interested in anything high pressure.

Well there you go.. he probably took a look at how Dalgliesh fared and thought, fuck that!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble lads but let's face it, if we are going to replace the manager who is wanting to take a job where you might not get your wages paid in December let alone will you have a transfer budget in January?

How many clubs in Scotland have a transfer budget?

Well there you go.. he probably took a look at how Dalgliesh fared and thought, fuck that!

I think it's more to do with 'player power' & his health than anything. He's given a few interviews where he bemoans the power that players have now and how they call the tune much more than clubs.

The Laudrup brothers would be amazing.

I think the likes of De Boer, Van Bronckhorst, Numan etc would be interesting.

The top three favourties with the bookies are McCall, Davies and Brian Laudrup. Tbh I'd take any of them over McCoist, even if it was just a contract till the end of the season.

Or I wonder if Sir Alex is getting bored of retirement...lol