managerial shortlist

KingKirk

Michael Laudrup only has about 4 or 5 months left on his deal in Qatari.He was on half the money Ally was on when he was at Swansea.

It is def a realistic target but I do think it would be best to see who applies for it as I`m sure there would be some real surprises there.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness will never go back to management, I'd love him to but it's not going to happen. I'd go with McCall for the rest of the season. If he thinks he's not good enough then he'll walk away, I'd like someone with that integrity at our club and let's face it, he couldn't do any worse than McCoist.

Advocaat would never come back to us when our boardroom and club is in so much chaos, he's a professional man and would not like to work on top of such shaky foundations.

McLiesh? I hated him managing us because of his strange tactical decisions and he always came across as a bit lacking IQ wise when interviewed with the press. I'd take him over McCoist, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Mixu? Does he have the steel required to kick the players arses into touch? I'm unsure about that.

Can't comment on any championship managers as I only watch Rangers, not interested in following any other team.

He's a bit of a yesterday's man but I always thought that he was a better manager than he was given credit for.

took aberdeen to the last 32 of the UEFA cup the year we went to manchester, that alone makes him a better manager than fat mcsalary in charge of us right now will ever be

What's billy davies record like as a manager? He quite highly rated, like to play a decent style and trust youth/like to develop players?

He has a good record at championship level. Also achieved promotion into the Premier League. He seems to build teams from the back, and can operate in tight financial constraints.

I spoke to soneone whos close to him recently. Although he never really talks about it, he'd snap your hands off for the Rangers job. He also likes to give youth a chance, and most importantly, doesnt suffer fools gladly.

Romantically, i'd love to see a foreign coach given the job. Change the whole ethos of the club. But i dont think we have; a, the board in place for such a thing, and b the patience as fans.

So, for me, its either Davies or McInnes. For some reason, i think McInnes is going to develop into a top coach in years to come. But Davies would also be a perfect fit.