We need another season in The Championship

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing Rangers and this group of players need is another season in the Championship.

Given the superior resources the club has for wages, plus the superior facilities the club has to train/maintain/restore its players, promotion should be the minimum expectation. Failure to achieve it would be unacceptable.

By the way, I'm of the view that if promotion is achieved, McCoist should still step down shortly after it. He should also consider himself lucky -- very lucky -- that he is being allowed to stay on and chase the opportunity of securing 3 back-to-back promotions in the history books.

It's a catch 22...we need a coaching clear out but we haven't the money to do it..McCoist won't handle the premier league if we go up and we'll be cannon fodder for decent sides but another year in this division and we're fucked...personally I think it's out our hands anyway as the play offs will probably decide were not good enough. ...yes we beat Cally and Killie in one off games but we can't sustain form in this league never mind the one up. imo.

I would take another season in th Championship if it mean't we saw the back of our management team. The money we'd make by getting back to the top flight would just be spunked away on giving his current squad pay increases for a job well done! I don't see us making a massive amount of savings with our current situation. The SPL isn't the fucking goldmine we seek. We're skint not because we're not in the top flight, we're skint from terrible financial management at the top all the way to the bottom.

New manager, new players, new board, get the fans behind the team again...I'd take that above a miserable fucking year in the top flight with Ally.