A week in the life of the Rangers manager

Right, we all know McCoist is making a complete cunt of it, this thread isnt for discussing that, so to try and get some half decent debate and discussion going on the thread is basically

McCoist walks/sacked tonight, and the board install you as manager with immediate effect, but keep McDowell and Durrant to help you settle in, so plan out your next 7 days as the Rangers manager, what do you do im bored the now so bear with me

Sunday

Players day off, myself, kenny and durrant will get together at Murray Park about lunchtime, we would analyze todays game and previous games, player performances and general player attitudes, i also find out what the previous training sessions were and discuss changing them to suit our needs

I also find out the best u20 player for defence, midfield and attack and promote them to first team training all week with the expectation of them all being on the bench at least for the next competitive game

Monday

Players report to Murray Park for 9am, no later, anyone late gets fined and the money goes to a charity, once everyone is here i go over the changes that will be made, especially to the training sessions, at least 3 days a week the players will be training until 4pm with a lunch at the complex during it, the players are also told about the 3 u20 players that are here for the week and everyone is told that next starting line up is based on players attitudes during training, they are also told that the day before matches the players will stay behind an extra 2 hours minimum so that we can go over what expected during the game and what we plan on doing formation wise etc

Monday's training session is a light day to continue the recovery from the weekend, assess any injuries and basically go over the weekends game, fitness worked is benched today and instead the players work with the ball, plenty of short passing and movement routines

Tuesday

Double session, morning session is based on fitness, either short distance fitness (sprints and turns etc) or long distance fitness (stamina training), lunch is at 12.30-1.30, after a healthy lunch the players do ball work, passing and moving, building attacks from the back to the front, learning to even pass it back if no forward pass is on and not to hoof the ball, the defence would be taught how to defend as a unit, how to all push up with the midfield and close down the space for the attackers

Wednesday

Double session again as this weeks game is on the friday, same basis as tuesdays session except the focus of the afternoon changes to set piece work, this includes everything from corners, free kicks to throw ins and what to do from our goalkicks

Thursday

Only morning session, an hour of fitness work then onto ball work, specifically passing and moving again, when we reach lunchtime the players get a light lunch followed by 2 hours minimum (as stated above) so we can go over the game on the friday night, talk about our opponents strengths, weaknesses and the system we will look to play

When the players are away myself, kenny, durrant will discuss this weeks training, who looks good, who's struggling and expecially how the u20's have fared,

Friday

Queen of the South away, 7.45pm KO, so the players will all meet at Murray Park for 4pm, i name the starting line up and inform them of any changes to what we discussed yesterday, everyone leaves on the team bus for the game

Saturday

Players are called in for a mid-morning session to assess injuries, and discuss the friday night game, no training though but the players are "advised" to work on fitness themselves in the gym

On a normal week where we have a sat game the double sessions would be tuesday, wednesday and thursday and friday is obviously the day we discuss the upcoming game etc

Durrant will be sent to watch our next opponents and either myself or Kenny would take in an u20's game if our KO time permits, Durrant is not needed at Ibrox on matchdays, he'd effectively become our opponent scout on matchdays

It can and would certainly almost be tweaked on a weekly basis depending on a number of factors, but for my first week in the gig this would be my plan

The players would also know in no uncertain terms that i will not stand for shite performances, we have 53 players on the books and around 23+ first team squad, no one is immune from the drop

Double sessions will mean nothing unless we you change the diets.

Mobile fit players win matches imo

unfit players will be easily spotted during training and lose their place in the team, its their choice, lose their spots and they become expendable, especially in the transfer windows

plus the 3 double sessions including lunch will hopefully change a few attitudes

I would also introduce a booze ban during the season

no as you want the players to feel relaxed outside the club, definitely a drinking ban 72hrs before a game but the rest of the time they can do whatever they want as long as they look after themselves and keep their discipline

no as you want the players to feel relaxed outside the club, definitely a drinking ban 72hrs before a game but the rest of the time they can do whatever they want as long as they look after themselves and keep their discipline

Some are grown men with families.....im pretty sure they know how to behave

Personally mon- Fri double sessions and do t even think your gettin Sunday aff either....id be bussing them to gullaine and train jock Wallace style

You either adapt or fuck off

Sunday call jig into your office tell him he will be used as DM cover only and dropped from CH.

Monday tell McGregor he is CH with zal.

Everybody training until lunch then afternoon work on free kicks, shooting and unfortunately controlling the ball.

Tuesday drop simmo and get Lee ( not jig) in goal until bell comes back.

Everyday two and three training sessions until they realise what the fuck it means to pull on that blue jersey.

Preseason ? Gullane sands until they puke.

unfit players will be easily spotted during training and lose their place in the team, its their choice, lose their spots and they become expendable, especially in the transfer windows

plus the 3 double sessions including lunch will hopefully change a few attitudes

Get real, who's going to move in the transfer window with the wages the players are on. If they can't get a game for us, who the fuck would sign them.

I admire the thought you've put into this, and no doubt you're a beast on the old football manager sims, but 3 and a 1/2 hours of sprints and running every Tuesday and Wednesday morning? Stamina is built in pre season, through the season fitness work should be short and sharp.

I admire the thought you've put into this, and no doubt you're a beast on the old football manager sims, but 3 and a 1/2 hours of sprints and running every Tuesday and Wednesday morning? Stamina is built in pre season, through the season fitness work should be short and sharp.

It would be tuesday and Thursday on a normal week, but yeah i would do this to keep our fitness a level or three above the rest of the league

I agree with everything said.

I also think every player who comes to our Club needs to be well informed and have a good knowledge of the clubs history and traditions, some of our current players couldnt lace the boots of some of our former players, and not just in a football sense, some of our players lack a bit of class, Rangers players should look and act like Rangers players on and off the pitch.

Was it souness who was at a club and had the recaro seats removed and replaced with a wooden bench in the dugout so the players wouldnt want to sit there? Some of our players are guaranteed a game no matter what

Sunday

Light recovery work. Exercise bikes, swim, Massage.

Monday

AM: Further recovery work.

Light ball work. Set pieces,

PM: Video Analysis of previous match and look at upcoming opponents strengths & weaknesses.

Tuesday

AM: High intensity ball work. Small sided games using different areas of focus (left foot only, one touch, two touch etc). Overloading defence.

PM: Gym work. Strength & Explosive power work. Squats, deadlifts, benchpresses etc.

Wednesday

AM: More high intensity ball work. Small sided games. Possession drills. Set pieces

PM: Individual fitness work. Players will have a fitness regime set by the coaching staff to follow. This time should be used to work towards targets set. Overseen by coaching staff.

Thursday

Day off. Injured players to report for treatment.

Friday

Tactics day. Time will be used looking at countering any specific threats posed by the opposition or strengthening the teams understanding of the tactical system they are expected to play.

Friday afternoon will also be used to travel if an away game on the Saturday. If at home, or playing on Sunday. Friday afternoon will be used for further tactical work.

Right, we all know McCoist is making a complete cunt of it, this thread isnt for discussing that, so to try and get some half decent debate and discussion going on the thread is basically

McCoist walks/sacked tonight, and the board install you as manager with immediate effect, but keep McDowell and Durrant to help you settle in, so plan out your next 7 days as the Rangers manager, what do you do im bored the now so bear with me

Sunday

Players day off, myself, kenny and durrant will get together at Murray Park about lunchtime, we would analyze todays game and previous games, player performances and general player attitudes, i also find out what the previous training sessions were and discuss changing them to suit our needs

I also find out the best u20 player for defence, midfield and attack and promote them to first team training all week with the expectation of them all being on the bench at least for the next competitive game

Monday

Players report to Murray Park for 9am, no later, anyone late gets fined and the money goes to a charity, once everyone is here i go over the changes that will be made, especially to the training sessions, at least 3 days a week the players will be training until 4pm with a lunch at the complex during it, the players are also told about the 3 u20 players that are here for the week and everyone is told that next starting line up is based on players attitudes during training, they are also told that the day before matches the players will stay behind an extra 2 hours minimum so that we can go over what expected during the game and what we plan on doing formation wise etc

Monday's training session is a light day to continue the recovery from the weekend, assess any injuries and basically go over the weekends game, fitness worked is benched today and instead the players work with the ball, plenty of short passing and movement routines

Tuesday

Double session, morning session is based on fitness, either short distance fitness (sprints and turns etc) or long distance fitness (stamina training), lunch is at 12.30-1.30, after a healthy lunch the players do ball work, passing and moving, building attacks from the back to the front, learning to even pass it back if no forward pass is on and not to hoof the ball, the defence would be taught how to defend as a unit, how to all push up with the midfield and close down the space for the attackers

Wednesday

Double session again as this weeks game is on the friday, same basis as tuesdays session except the focus of the afternoon changes to set piece work, this includes everything from corners, free kicks to throw ins and what to do from our goalkicks

Thursday

Only morning session, an hour of fitness work then onto ball work, specifically passing and moving again, when we reach lunchtime the players get a light lunch followed by 2 hours minimum (as stated above) so we can go over the game on the friday night, talk about our opponents strengths, weaknesses and the system we will look to play

When the players are away myself, kenny, durrant will discuss this weeks training, who looks good, who's struggling and expecially how the u20's have fared,

Friday

Queen of the South away, 7.45pm KO, so the players will all meet at Murray Park for 4pm, i name the starting line up and inform them of any changes to what we discussed yesterday, everyone leaves on the team bus for the game

Saturday

Players are called in for a mid-morning session to assess injuries, and discuss the friday night game, no training though but the players are "advised" to work on fitness themselves in the gym

On a normal week where we have a sat game the double sessions would be tuesday, wednesday and thursday and friday is obviously the day we discuss the upcoming game etc

Durrant will be sent to watch our next opponents and either myself or Kenny would take in an u20's game if our KO time permits, Durrant is not needed at Ibrox on matchdays, he'd effectively become our opponent scout on matchdays

It can and would certainly almost be tweaked on a weekly basis depending on a number of factors, but for my first week in the gig this would be my plan

The players would also know in no uncertain terms that i will not stand for shite performances, we have 53 players on the books and around 23+ first team squad, no one is immune from the drop

M8 I would rather you'd be the manager rather than the useless clown at the helm right now.

Sunday - tell Kenny and Durranty to go clean the fuckin toilets as they are having sweet FA to do with training or picking the team

After that the OP has a good handle on it

Yep that was my thought as soon as I read the OP.

Have never seen such a remote, disinterested stance by anyone else involved in football compared to our three management/coaching staff.

This.! If players are not fit after the pre season then they should not be at the club. No need for all this running. That is our general problem in scotland. Too much fucking running. See if we actually concentrate of texhnical ball skills and stop training for fucking marathons we would be in a much better place in my opinion.