The board and ally's meeting

I have a feeling that Ally will do the right thing, but it may not be to some of our liking,, perhaps he won't take a payoff if certain staff are re-instated, maybe even get one of the Blue Knights on the board, unless there is a agreement on opening up the share issue to outside investors. There are a few cards he could play, he could of course just be looking after himself, forcing the board into a corner.

It's going to be a long Wednesday by the looks of it

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odds on Jig are coming down. 33/1 yesterday to 18/1 today...

If jig can get this team going and playing a more attacking style 442/433 then I would say back him we as a club shouldnt be playing one up front in scotland against any cunt never mind at Ibrox 442/433 with two advanced wingers firing the balls into the box and taking men on.

For me its not about the style of play I want to see the likes of law/black finding aird/temps and those two torturing the LB/RB respectively.. None of this pish cutting inside playing pass knock the ball passed your appointments and use your biggest asset to get by them pace

The one thing that could put the board in a very difficult position is if he offers to walk away with no pay off, but no confidentiality clause, or else refuses to do a deal and sits out his notice period on full wages.

Would obviously difficult in getting this piece of info to the fans unless a 'source close to the board' released it to the press.

Strachan was in the paper today saying it didn't work for him when he handed in his notice, someone leaked it and Southampton's league position plummeted and said there was a difference in the players ended up leaving in February and didn't complete his notice.

He was very diplomatic about it right enough and didn't say Ally was wrong to work it, said things were different at Rangers but I agree with him.

Why would you give your all for a manager who's not going to be in a position to offer you a new contract?

Strachan was in the paper today saying it didn't work for him when he handed in his notice, someone leaked it and Southampton's league position plummeted and said there was a difference in the players ended up leaving in February and didn't complete his notice.

He was very diplomatic about it right enough and didn't say Ally was wrong to work it, said things were different at Rangers but I agree with him.

Why would you give your all for a manager who's not going to be in a position to offer you a new contract?

With 13 players out of contract our problem is exacerbated. We need these guys to have the fight for it and a lame duck manager won't help.

With 13 players out of contract our problem is exacerbated. We need these guys to have the fight for it and a lame duck manager won't help.

Yep.

They could try their heart out and any new manager coming in could have a different approach in his mind.

They already don't give a fuck as it is.

I have a feeling that Ally will do the right thing, but it may not be to some of our liking,, perhaps he won't take a payoff if certain staff are re-instated, maybe even get one of the Blue Knights on the board, unless there is a agreement on opening up the share issue to outside investors. There are a few cards he could play, he could of course just be looking after himself, forcing the board into a corner.

It's going to be a long Wednesday by the looks of it

No offence mate, but surely he would not have any chance of getting a Blue Knight on the board or have people reinstated to their positions if a decision has been taken to make them redundant.

It is being reported today that he wants £400k to walk now, I hope that is a negotiating figure and they can agree a sum to put an end to things tomorrow. All fingers and toes crossed.

No offence mate, but surely he would not have any chance of getting a Blue Knight on the board or have people reinstated to their positions if a decision has been taken to make them redundant.

It is being reported today that he wants £400k to walk now, I hope that is a negotiating figure and they can agree a sum to put an end to things tomorrow. All fingers and toes crossed.

It's being reported he wants £400k after reading RM to get a composite guess!

"The board at Rangers are delighted to announce that following a 2 hour meeting, Ally McCoist will be continuing as Rangers manager for the forseeable future. In recognition of this favourable outcome all involved in the discussions will receive a 12% salary bonus"

I'm now unshockable after 500 doom and gloom stories, if this was the statement coming out of Ibrox tomorrow I would not even be in the least surprised.

"The board at Rangers are delighted to announce that following a 2 hour meeting, Ally McCoist will be continuing as Rangers manager for the forseeable future. In recognition of this favourable outcome all involved in the discussions will receive a 12% salary bonus"

:lol: