if no deal is made

hammer93

For me it's a temporary measure, the league is fucked which was our main goal so I don't

have a problem putting Miller and boyd in to see how it goes.

I'm forever reading on here that chimpanzees could of got us through these leagues with the resources

we had, maybe we should gamble at no further cost.

We can still get promoted though which I would imagine is the very least we expect from this season!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May the OP should be telling us what the fuck he sees in Boyd that screams future manager.

Almost typed that without laughing as well. :lol:

Anytime I saw him as a pundit he speaks well and he has been doing his badges into

the bargain.

People on here talk about so much knowledge of the game?

Why aren't all the experts on here involved at a high level of coaching.

If you sat with a top level player he would loose you with what he sees in a game

compared to us.

I agree with putting Ally on gardening leave. But there surely must be enough cash in the place to bring a guy like McCall in or something.

It would pay for itself, with every extra 10,000 non season ticket fans equalling £200,000 per match.

If Boyd was to be as lazy being a manager as he is a footballer, we would end up in a worse state than we are now.

Precisely!

I find it to be a wholly preposterous suggestion.

What interest has Boyd shown in training, team spirit, link up play or work ethic? None whatsoever.

Anytime I saw him as a pundit he speaks well and he has been doing his badges into

the bargain.

People on here talk about so much knowledge of the game?

Why aren't all the experts on here involved at a high level of coaching.

If you sat with a top level player he would loose you with what he sees in a game

compared to us.

Ally was involved at a high level of coaching didn't seem to do him any good.

So your measure of a good coach is he can talk a good game, I will agree sitting with a TOP level players he would notice things I wouldn't.

Top level player scenario falls on its arse when you apply it to Boydy..

Ally was involved at a high level of coaching didn't seem to do him any good.

So your measure of a good coach is he can talk a good game, I will agree sitting with a TOP level players he would notice things I wouldn't.

Top level player scenario falls on its arse when you apply it to Boydy..

That doesn't mean that applies to everyone, I just think it's a bit unfair to write

someone off when they don't have the foggiest whether he can make it as a manager.

Of the names getting banded about everyone of these managers have had levels of failure

in their managerial careers?

I for 1 would be cautious giving any of them 2-3yr contracts

You think the team (and the manager) can handle the pressure of four (or six) legs when the stakes are that high?

I think this is why we need someone with experience in the dugout. We aren't going to win the league playing the way we are so the play offs looks like the only way we can go up. The team should be good enough and should cope with the pressure if the guidance from the management team is sufficient!

Hence the reason that talk of Miller/Boyd/McCulloch/Durie has me worried!

Llambias first task as CEO is surely to have this situation sorted before 2015.

there's no point in bringing in temporary measures, we need a manager to take us forward over the next 3 years as it will take at least that to rebuild a decent infrastructure

Agreed. McCoist's "vision" of to hell with anything else, just get players in who have been over the course with other clubs so they will naturally do it for us and concentrate on winning a shit league just doesn't work.

IMO we need a manager and coaches who can train, select, and motivate what we've got coupled with a bit of foresight to get the infrastructure in place so we can rebuild the club is what's required. No way can an inexperienced or temporary manager ever hope to do that at our club.

I do appreciate the difficulty in planning for the future as well as the present especially with our perilous financial position but, somewhere out there, there has to be one who can do just that. Who? God knows, but we NEED to look hence the throwing open to applications with the criteria firmly spelt out to applicants so that they're in no doubt that we DON'T want another "quick fix" but a genuine working plan or project or whatever the modern buzz-word is.

He should be removed from all first team duties and one of the other 2 stooges should take over till end of the season.We are a shambles at best right now so how does anyone think a manager who has already decided he is leaving will be able to motivate a group of players who are alreay down and out.He will be gone before his 12 months are up because if not there will be no club left to manage.The board up till now have been as incompetent as him but even they aren't stupid enough to ask ST holders to re-new while this man is in charge " SURELY"