McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

Depends on how you measure it. Statistically it would be Ian Durrant and McCoist would be one of the most succesful.

Well if you only look at numbers but that would be stupid. You have to take into account the standard of opposition and the mismatch in finances available otherwise my fight win ratio is better than Tysons, Ali's and Sugar Ray Leonards. We wont consider the fact I was fighting 11 year olds though.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le Guen was 'mutual consented'. He didn't resign and didn't forego anything he was legally entitled to. He would have been sacked whether he had agreed to leave or not. Let's not forget he conveniently landed in the PSG job a week after leaving Ibrox. Funny that.

That leaves Gordon Strachan as the man to look up to when it comes to leaving a club with a bit of dignity then. Also, David Murray lauded PLG for not taking a whack of money when they parted company.

Depends on how you measure it. Statistically it would be Ian Durrant and McCoist would be one of the most succesful.

I measure it by failing to win the easiest trophy (part time) in Scottish football 3 years on the trot with the second highest wage budget in the land.

I measure it by getting turned over by part time teams and lower league dross countless times.

I measure it by never winning a single cup in what must be 18 attempts despite a huge financial advantage over 90% of the teams we have played (would be 99% but I'll throw in the two European embarrassments).

I measure it by from going from a record breaking Ibrox crowd in the lower division to a near half empty stadium due to the shite he dished up.

But aye I'm sure some wee stats against the worst teams in Scotland will keep his minions cosy warm.

Well if you only look at numbers but that would be stupid. You have to take into account the standard of opposition and the mismatch in finances available otherwise my fight win ratio is better than Tysons, Ali's and Sugar Ray Leonards. We wont consider the fact I was fighting 11 year olds though.

Standard of opposition? Tell me more about how good east fife were in 1921.

I measure it by failing to win the easiest trophy (part time) in Scottish football 3 years on the trot with the second highest wage budget in the land.

I measure it by getting turned over by part time teams and lower league dross countless times.

I measure it by never winning a single cup in what must be 18 attempts despite a huge financial advantage over 90% of the teams we have played (would be 99% but I'll throw in the two European embarrassments).

I measure it by from going from a record breaking Ibrox crowd in the lower division to a near half empty stadium due to the shite he dished up.

But aye I'm sure some wee stats against the worst teams in Scotland will keep his minions cosy warm.

No Rangers manager has won it.

Plenty times that's happened in our history.

It's not the longest a Rangers manager has gone without winning a cup.

Record breaking. We were never going to keep that up.

We can complain, but wins are wins.

Standard of opposition? Tell me more about how good east fife were in 1921.

Lets look at Alloa. 7 first team regulars missing. One guy in for his first start who didn't have a club last season. Another guy in for his second start also didn't have a club last season. They all have full time jobs and travel from work to the game and are up against the second highest net worth squad in Scotland with the highest paid manager in the country. A full time club who train at their own facilities every day. We had between 100 and 200 international caps on the pitch that night and we were second best by a margin.

The fans have deserted the club in their droves because of the managers inability. 10k at the last game is being charitable.

No Rangers manager has won it.

Plenty times that's happened in our history.

It's not the longest a Rangers manager has gone without winning a cup.

Record breaking. We were never going to keep that up.

We can complain, but wins are wins.

Facts are we were playing in diddy leagues with a SPL standard squad and couldn't win a part time cup three times of asking.

Path at alone makes him the worst in our history.

He was a disaster from the get go, a complete failure in every aspect bar maybe a spokesperson.

He should have stuck to QoS, maybe he'd have kept up the charade of him being a 'great guy'.

Rangers never lost to part time teams before McCoist. Not even when our budget was much bigger than it is now. Admittedly it has happened with more regularity but it's not a new phenomenenon.

You could apply those cup stats to Arsenal and the FA Cup. or Barcelona and the European Cup. Or us in Europe back when we were paying some of the highest wages on the continent.

So is it the board stuff which affected the crowds or McCoist or both? It seems to me McCoist takes the blame when it suits the point being made an the UoF take the blame when it suits.

All the best Ally. A Real Rangers Man.

Whatever his record as a manager, he held us together over the last few years.

A Real Rangers Man.

I am lucky enough to have watched Ally's entire Rangers career, and I include the last few years. So many ecstatic moments when he scored against The Filth, so many moments when I felt utter despair.

Anyone who doubts SA's commitment as a Ranger should be ashamed.

The word Legend is bandied about very liberally in the football world, not so with our Super Ally.

Super Ally. Wherever he may go in the Word from now on will be welcomed and adored by all true Bears.

I repeat. A Real Rangers Man

Lets look at Alloa. 7 first team regulars missing. One guy in for his first start who didn't have a club last season. Another guy in for his second start also didn't have a club last season. They all have full time jobs and travel from work to the game and are up against the second highest net worth squad in Scotland with the highest paid manager in the country. A full time club who train at their own facilities every day. We had between 100 and 200 international caps on the pitch that night and we were second best by a margin.

The fans have deserted the club in their droves because of the managers inability. 10k at the last game is we're being charitable.

So what was the standard of opposition in 1904?

Mind when we had an even more expensive squad with ONE player who had 60 odd caps for Holland and had won the European cup but still we drew with the mighty Berwick Rangers. We also had a keeper that had won a European cup. A multiple time English premier league winner, a World cup runner up and the most expensive player in the clubs history.

Rangers never lost to part time teams before McCoist. Not even when our budget was much bigger than it is now. Admittedly it has happened with more regularity but it's not a new phenomenenon.

You could apply those cup stats to Arsenal and the FA Cup. or Barcelona and the European Cup. Or us in Europe back when we were paying some of the highest wages on the continent.

So is it the board stuff which affected the crowds or McCoist or both? It seems to me McCoist takes the blame when it suits the point being made an the UoF take the blame when it suits.

I've said it plenty of times, his record is pretty darn good (tu)

But you're completely missing the gist of the vast majority of arguments.

Arsenal, barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Munich ... Etc.... Etc .... Etc.... Will all lose games against well drilled teams, against teams who work hard and battle. However, they clearly have an ethos that works (tu)

A shock defeat against inferior teams is viewed as a shock result, with us, it's a direct result of bad coaching and planning. All those teams have the standard and style of play that comes from hard work, we have no style, no substance and no foresight. Our record is likely to be better than theirs against lower league teams because our lower league teams are part-timers.

Style, substance, hard work and direction as opposed to having the better players? I know what I'd rather watch

Dude. Just stop man. You're convincing no one with this. Lets take a look where this managerial genius ends up next shall we? Maybe Arsenal if Wenger leaves or Liverpool if things don't pick up there.

Where have I said he was a managerial genius or anything similar?

You're waffling about standard of opposition despite knowing very little about the standard of opposition we've faced over a large chunk the last 142 years.

Yeah Dude .He has gone and you know the reasons fine well .

It's no gloating from me .Just relief for our club and Ally himself .

No need to carry on the abuse IMO

The facts are there though .He goes down as the worst Manager in my lifetime supporting Rangers on account of the many, many well documented humiliations

I've said it plenty of times, his record is pretty darn good (tu)

But you're completely missing the gist of the vast majority of arguments.

Arsenal, barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Munich ... Etc.... Etc .... Etc.... Will all lose games against well drilled teams, against teams who work hard and battle. However, they clearly have an ethos that works (tu)

A shock defeat against inferior teams is viewed as a shock result, with us, it's a direct result of bad coaching and planning. All those teams have the standard and style of play that comes from hard work, we have no style, no substance and no foresight. Our record is likely to be better than theirs against lower league teams because our lower league teams are part-timers.

Style, substance, hard work and direction as opposed to having the better players? I know what I'd rather watch

But they have bigger financial resources etc Arsenals ethos that works currently has them at their second lowest points tally at this stage since Wenger took over.

The biggest problem is people don't like seeing the same reasons that they use to spout all manner of bollocks about McCoist applied to other managers who face nothing like the level of personal abuse whilst making as big a cunt of their season.

Yeah Dude .He has gone and you know the reasons fine well .

It's no gloating from me .Just relief for our club and Ally himself .

No need to carry on the abuse IMO

The facts are there though .He goes down as the worst Manager in my lifetime supporting Rangers on account of the many, many well documented humiliations

Course I do. I've been in agreement on here for a long time that Ally wasnt the man to take us forward long term. The abuse should never have been started imo. I've been just as unhappy as most but I@ve never felt the need to be so poisonous towards a man who has provided so much joy over the years too.

Serious question,can you name many humilations under Struth, Wilton or Symon? They happened but over the course of history these things tend to be forgotten in favour of the high points. In 10-20 years McCoist will be the same. Over time people didn't differentiate Greig the player from Greig the manager. The same will happen with Ally.

But they have bigger financial resources etc Arsenals ethos that works currently has them at their second lowest points tally at this stage since Wenger took over.

The biggest problem is people don't like seeing the same reasons that they use to spout all manner of bollocks about McCoist applied to other managers who face nothing like the level of personal abuse whilst making as big a cunt of their season.

Bigger financial resources? In comparison, our budget eclipses anyone we've come up against. If a Munich or Arsenal get knocked out by a charlton or a Nuremberg, the financial disparity is evident, but it's not defining.

But, I'm not too concerned with money. I have no qualms about teams beating us, what pains me is we've clearly done nothing to stop it from happening. Teams who are well drilled, a decent system in place, will dominate us. See the last two Hibs games. It really wouldn't take a tactical genius to win the scottish leagues. A little foresight and development would take us a long way.

As for arsenals current state, I agree, it hasn't been great, but they are still playing in a shape and system the manager has implemented. Arsenal fans what a change and it may be time for wenger to move on, but that's from a progression of the game and it's methods opposing Wengers own ideas. Ally hasn't grasped the basics never mind having a style of play or a way of thinking that is entertaining and capable of winning and beating and in most cases out playing Europe's elite

Maybe so Dude but it's in the here and now .Things are raw and it is never going to happen overnight .

When it comes to arguing stats we could be here all night, but the ones Ally has against his record, are ones I will never forget .

We probably wont forget them. The next lot who never lived through them will forget them and they'll go down as footnotes in our history. Just like all the other shockers that came before

Great news for Rangers, happy that he's got out before it got really bad for him and us.

There's a big mess he's left and it will take time to sort, I can't change my feelings on that.

As a person he looks terrible and he's aged around 10 years in the space of 3, that can't be pleasant for his family and friends to see,

Hopefully he fucks off on holiday and has a blast with his wife and kids and comes back and finds work in the TV sector or wherever he fancies.

Onwards and upwards for Rangers in the mean time.

Bigger financial resources? In comparison, our budget eclipses anyone we've come up against. If a Munich or Arsenal get knocked out by a charlton or a Nuremberg, the financial disparity is evident, but it's not defining.

But, I'm not too concerned with money. I have no qualms about teams beating us, what pains me is we've clearly done nothing to stop it from happening. Teams who are well drilled, a decent system in place, will dominate us. See the last two Hibs games. It really wouldn't take a tactical genius to win the scottish leagues. A little foresight and development would take us a long way.

As for arsenals current state, I agree, it hasn't been great, but they are still playing in a shape and system the manager has implemented. Arsenal fans what a change and it may be time for wenger to move on, but that's from a progression of the game and it's methods opposing Wengers own ideas. Ally hasn't grasped the basics never mind having a style of play or a way of thinking that is entertaining and capable of winning and beating and in most cases out playing Europe's elite

Out playing teams counts for nothing when you have one trophy in almost a decade to show for it and sit sixth in the league.

A little foresight and development would take us a long way but Wenger never changed Arsenals style overnight. It took him years to have them playing in this style. Wengers teams changed dramatically in their style after the 'Invincibles' era.

Course I do. I've been in agreement on here for a long time that Ally wasnt the man to take us forward long term. The abuse should never have been started imo. I've been just as unhappy as most but I@ve never felt the need to be so poisonous towards a man who has provided so much joy over the years too.

Serious question,can you name many humilations under Struth, Wilton or Symon? They happened but over the course of history these things tend to be forgotten in favour of the high points. In 10-20 years McCoist will be the same. Over time people didn't differentiate Greig the player from Greig the manager. The same will happen with Ally.

Good post dude.

People don't consider Souness a traitor now like i still do he gets hero worshipped on here, so times do change perspectives just not mine.

I always wonder if it 20 years people will speak fondly of Naismith and his greedy gang.