McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

Feel more sad at hearing this than anything. Thought I'd be happy when this finally happened, but I'm not.

I think Ally's a good guy, a bit too focused on his on ego and money, but you've got to feel for the guy, he's been through the ringer.

The big problems aren't solved though, where do we go from here?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no idea what has or will be agreed.

Personally I don't have to instantly assume the worst about people I like and respect.

Personally I like to use the brain in my head in order to see what is actually happening. At the moment nothing has been agreed hence gardening leave. Therefore McCoist is grabbing money for doing nothing, money which could be used to pay a new managers salary. Still think he's doing the best for our club? Course you do, your heads firmly up McCoists arse.

Relinquishing his duties as Manager is one part of a solution that has been needed for a while now. Being paid an astronomical amount of money for staying away from Ibrox until his termination notice runs out is embarrassing both for Mr McCoist and for Rangers. It seems to me that seeing out his notice period and being paid such a huge amount will result in abject humiliation for Ally McCoist. He risks being seen and remembered as being greedy at the expense of the Support and possibly at the expense of seeing Rangers languish in the Championship because money that could have been put to better use is tied up in pots and plants of an employee who appears determined to grab every penny he can.

Emptying his desk at Ibrox is one thing. But announcing that KMcD is the manager until the end of the season may be taken to infer that the entire season is now down to whether or not we can maintain a slot for play offs and win promotion via play offs with a temporary manager. I suppose KMcD has nothing to lose - if he pilots the team through to promotion he would be replaced by someone to deal with top flight football. And if we fail then he'd be part of the inevitable clearout. But at least if he gets the team to win promotion his reputation would soar.

DL must surely know by now having seen the team play some wretched games that the team may not have the bottle to win promotion. The pressures on the team and on an untried manager would be huge. Does, I wonder, the appointment signal that the Club is now preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. And that if necessary this season will effectively be written off and followed by the clearout to cap all clearouts and we build again. If the latter then God alone knows how we fund that and God alone only knows what the reaction of the Support would be. Over to you Mr McD.

Personally I like to use the brain in my head in order to see what is actually happening. At the moment nothing has been agreed hence gardening leave. Therefore McCoist is grabbing money for doing nothing, money which could be used to pay a new managers salary. Still think he's doing the best for our club? Course you do, your heads firmly up McCoists arse.

Wait and see. I just don't have that bitterness others do.

I hope people get over the McCoist anger....McCoist will take his money rightly or wrongly ...whingeing about it will not change contract or employment law. The club gave him the contract is liable . As a club it is time we were more circumspect in contracts but also fulfilling our legal obligations....

It is time we got behind McD and hope to hell this works out...

Probaby the only option as they could not afford to pay off McD and Durrant and bring new men in ....sad state of affairs and suggests Ashley will not be investing/bankrolling us with billions but slowly balancing the books playing a wait and see game....

Who knows Kenny may be the man ....he was highly rated when he first arrived.

doesnt matter, PLG signed a 3 year deal, he was due 2 and a half years salary when he "mutually left"

he took absolutely nothing, this was a guy with nothing but a 6 month connection to the club, a club that he probably felt shafted him over with regards to the players and the fans attitudes towards his ideas

and yet he took not a dime from us

Ally is still taking 750k from us unless he finds other work

He wasn't due anything. If he hadn't agreed to go he would have been sacked. 'Mutual consent' is football speak for 'he's agreed he won't sue us for unfair dismissal'.

He also walked into a higher paid job at a club he is a legend at without the need for protracted negotiations with Rangers.