Fair play to the board.

OlegKuznetsov

There were some suggesting that the board were willing to hold Ally in position, especially with the AGM tomorrow, in an attempt to get the fans to turn on him. It was said that they were willing to play games with the team and the Club's future, jeopardising promotion to force Ally out the door for pennies.

They haven't done that. Likewise, they haven't rushed into an appointment.

Kenny McDowall is probably the right man, costing no more money, as he is already on the pay roll to have a shot before taking a more considered look at the next ideal managerial candidate.

I do not believe that he is guaranteed to be here till the end of the season, but will stay as long as he keeps getting results, Once he begins to jeopardise promotion, he'll be gone to give someone else a shot at the playoffs.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some suggesting that the board were willing to hold Ally in position, especially with the AGM tomorrow, in an attempt to get the fans to turn on him. It was said that they were willing to play games with the team and the Club's future, jeopardising promotion to force Ally out the door for pennies.

Kenny McDowall is probably the right man, costing no more money, as he is already on the pay roll to have a shot before taking a more considered look at the next ideal managerial candidate.

I do not believe that he is guaranteed to be here till the end of the season, but will stay as long as he keeps getting results, Once he begins to jeopardise promotion, he'll be gone to give someone else a shot at the playoffs.

Not sorted yet Oleg.

As far as I'm aware , we're still paying Ally his full salary and will continue to do so for another 12 months unless some agreement can come about.

It was the only decision that makes sense though , particularly with so many players out of contract in the summer. We couldn't really have an outgoing manager deciding who gets renewed contracts and who's not ,not to mention who replaces any players that do leave.

McDowall in charge until the end of the season.

F***ing joke.

We need a safe pair of hands to drive us towards promotion, not clipboard Kenny and a continuation of the Rangers old boys club.

They will need to take their time, if you expect then to get a new manager tomorrow then there is something wrong with you.

Could Kenny be in charge till the end of the season as there could be some players leaving in the January window ,that bring in some much needed £, also given the fact he has done well previously with younger teams . could this be what we are looking at here

The dud is still taking a paycheck. We cant afford a new manager but without him we have a fighting chance.

It had to be KM or GD. KM has more first team squad knowledge so he gets the chance.

Fair enough imo.

Reckon we'll see some positive changes.

Good luck Kenny.

Not sorted yet Oleg.

As far as I'm aware , we're still paying Ally his full salary and will continue to do so for another 12 months unless some agreement can come about.

It was the only decision that makes sense though , particularly with so many players out of contract in the summer. We couldn't really have an outgoing manager deciding who gets renewed contracts and who's not ,not to mention who replaces any players that do leave.

I'm not too worried about the pay off agreement at this point, with an AGM and funding to be sorted out soon. I think something will be sorted out soonish, since both sides can benefit from the pay off.

However, let's not dwell on the apparent negatives here. We've had a few positives so let's not take the shine off it for now.

Yeah fair play to the board. They really have dealt with this situation with dignity and the utmost respect for the fans. We can sleep well tonight knowing that we have such intelligent, honourable men in charge of our club. McDowell will lead us to the Premiership and everything will be great once more.

Yeah fair play to the board. They really have dealt with this situation with dignity and the utmost respect for the fans. We can sleep well tonight knowing that we have such intelligent, honourable men in charge of our club. McDowell will lead us to the Premiership and everything will be great once more.

Yawn.Were you not banned or was that a different Capital earl?

I didnt expect a new manager tomorrow no.

I also didnt expect a guy with zero managerial experience put in charge to the end of a season crucial to the future of this club.

Our current manager had zero experience. John Greig had zero experience albeit doing a better job than the current incumbent and Graeme Souness had zero experience. I believe Bill Struth had zero experience.

Big opportunity for McDowell. I wish him the best and hope he succeeds.

if they think getting shot of mcCoist before tomorrow will appeas the support.they are wrong.

They've played their cards well Oleg, pretty textbook stuff so far and have trumped McCoist

Surely sarcasm here.right.

McDowall in charge until the end of the season.

F***ing joke.

We need a safe pair of hands to drive us towards promotion, not clipboard Kenny and a continuation of the Rangers old boys club.

There is as much chance of McDowell being in charge at the end of the season as McCoist getting a full 12 month payoff..... No chance