Durie & Jig first team coaches ?, Durrant demoted ?

jcb

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing to suggest he wouldn't make a good coach either. Jose and Wenger had nothing of note in their playing careers but both have excellent coaching methods. Jig has played in every position on the park and I personally think he's worth a shot.

Jose and Wenger were/are bright, articulate men.

He is straight off the production line of nepotism that is rife in our club and has destroyed the future of our club.

He's worked under SW so will come from the exact same train of thought that Ally and Durrnat have. It's like we cannot employ anyone who hasnt played with us before. Do we have anyone outside KMcD on the coaching books who hasnt played with us before?

It's like the blind leading the blind, pathetic. There will be as much 'fresh' ideas in there as there will be in a bag of shite.

SW was immense for us, a true legend. However I wouldnt rate him as a master coach, far from it. he only ever had to beat one team and by fk he knew how to do that.

however he was regularly embarrassed and outsmarted in Europe against teams with much smaller budgets but with more tactical know how. He was also a flop down south don't care what anyone says.

Guys like Ally see the results and success Walter had and think that is the only way, regardless of the class of player you have. Remember Craig Moore being shunted out at LB under SW? Mind some of the utter crap utility players who were signed and played regularly like Cleland, Wright and Boland? Players always out of position.

Well theres your blueprint. You can hear them now.."aye he's younger but its his natural position.."nah put Foster in there instead..we need experience tonight, it's freezing!!"..

I would bet my last penny he will be shit like the rest of them.

Fresh eyes..been screaming out for fresh eyes for years!!!

He worked under Billy Davies and Alex McLeish too. He must be some kind of tactical guru.

Every manager plays players out of position at some point. Just a few off the top of my head.

Sir Alex Ferguson playing Rooney at CM, Giggs at CM, Carrick at CB and loads more.

Guardiola played Mascherano at CB, Alex Song at CB, Iniesta as a left winger, Fabregas as a CF.

Ancelotti playing Bale as a right winger

Alex McLeish playing Novo and Prso at left wing. Ricksen in CM

Could go on for ages with other examples.

Ateam signing crap utiity players? As if thats never happened anywhere bar Ibrox. Have you ever paid attention to any other football team?

The line of "nepotism"? Durrant was at the club before Walter, Ally and KmcD joined after Le Guen was chased. KmcD came from Celtic and Ally was working under Smith with the Scottish National team. IS it "nepotism" when most other coaches bring int their own coaching staff who they have worked with regularly in the past?

maybe because he is a shite footballer who has profited handsomely at The Rangers when no other team would indulge him so

he typifies everything that is wrong with the club

My opinion has been long held about McCulloch.

When I was on FF they thought the sun shone out his arse in a similar manner to McCoist.

In their roles at the Club I never saw it.

He worked under Billy Davies and Alex McLeish too. He must be some kind of tactical guru.

Every manager plays players out of position at some point. Just a few off the top of my head.

Sir Alex Ferguson playing Rooney at CM, Giggs at CM, Carrick at CB and loads more.

Guardiola played Mascherano at CB, Alex Song at CB, Iniesta as a left winger, Fabregas as a CF.

Ancelotti playing Bale as a right winger

Alex McLeish playing Novo and Prso at left wing. Ricksen in CM

Could go on for ages with other examples.

Ateam signing crap utiity players? As if thats never happened anywhere bar Ibrox. Have you ever paid attention to any other football team?

The line of "nepotism"? Durrant was at the club before Walter, Ally and KmcD joined after Le Guen was chased. KmcD came from Celtic and Ally was working under Smith with the Scottish National team. IS it "nepotism" when most other coaches bring int their own coaching staff who they have worked with regularly in the past?

When Ally was our manager how many coaches either first team or unders did not play or have a connection with us?

Ally getting the job WAS nepotism, pure and simple. If it was true and Ally was getting the cup games under SW then that should have been when he decided he wasn't ready.

Trust me, come Saturday, it will be the same old shit.

Sorry Dude meant to answer your other points about players out of position.

I'm not even going to go there with SAF, Guardiola and Ancelotti as they were dealing with world class players there.

Ricksen was great at CM much better there than at RB.

Novo was very effective at times at LM as was Prso.

Under SW and Ally its more a case of square pegs in round holes. Can you name a single player currently being played out of position that is doing a good job?

When Ally was our manager how many coaches either first team or unders did not play or have a connection with us?

Ally getting the job WAS nepotism, pure and simple. If it was true and Ally was getting the cup games under SW then that should have been when he decided he wasn't ready.

If we are believing Walter Smith, who confirmed that to be the case, then we can't say Ally never won a cup can we?

Without a exhaustive list of all our under coaches I have no idea. First team I can only think of 3. The two fitness boys (Jamie Ramsden and the baldy fella we had) and Kenny McDowall. Add that to the 3 who had played for us it's a 50/50 split. (Durrant, McCoist, Stewart)

Was Smith getting the job from Souness nepotism?

Jock Wallace taking over from Waddell?

Struth taking over from Wilton?

Without a exhaustive list of all our under coaches I have no idea. First team I can only think of 3. The two fitness boys (Jamie Ramsden and the baldy fella we had) and Kenny McDowall. Add that to the 3 who had played for us it's a 50/50 split. (Durrant, McCoist, Stewart)

Was Smith getting the job from Souness nepotism?

Jock Wallace taking over from Waddell?

Struth taking over from Wilton?

Good points however Smith had plenty of experience working under Jim Mclean and came with a very good reputation.

Big Jock was player manager of the Berwick Rangers team that beat us and also coached at Hearts. he had pedigree.

Ally was a team captain on Question of Sport and wasn't very good at it either.