Kit Man

Murtaugh

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wee cunt now wears a suit in the dug out & shouts instructions to the players you really couldn't make it up.

If the current trend continues to pass the baton to the next in command he could be manager in three weeks. May have to take a pay cut though.

Where are the links to the papers?

This story was on here a few months ago and I am sure it was rubbished, can't remember why.

As said, if true it is a joke, and to even think Moshni was helping put the balls into the ball bag before the first half.

is this the level we are stooping too.The guy is on too much money,but trying to shame and blacken the name of people who have been loyal to the club for years is utterly shameful,if we need to get these people off the wage bill,at least do it with a bit of class,leaking peoples wages to shame them to the support is shameful,not the Rangers way,but that's the problem ,none of these imposters running the club have a fuckin clue what the Rangers way is.

I am getting pig sick of hearing this pish! If I worked for a company who offered me inflated wages for a role and they went in to hard times but my contract was offered to be transferred under TUPE, I would be as loyal as the next man as I would know that I stood absolutely no chance of earning that inflated wage anywhere else.

He might be a good kit man, but he would struggle like the next man to get a job outside of Ibrox.

He also has a company car and an early finish everyday.

The problem here is that he is still on so much. Like all high earners he should have been asked to take a rather severe paycut.

If they cant accept that then you make them redundant and they have to go find a job paying as much as they were on at Rangers.

Easy when you think about it.

You cannot make the kitman redundant unless you plan on stopping cleaning the kit. It is the position that becomes redundant, not the employee

You cannot make the kitman redundant unless you plan on stopping cleaning the kit. It is the position that becomes redundant, not the employee

I doubt he does any cleaning of the kit, I can't think of a kit man who does. The position can be split and new posts offered at lower wages, he can then re-apply for one of the new positions.

Seen him at ASDA govan putting his shopping into a brand new range rover sport. Must be the best paid kit man around.

In had been told he had that, but wasn't 100% sure to believe it or not.

Surely there must be a way to get rid of someone if they are getting a ridiculous wage.

I doubt he does any cleaning of the kit, I can't think of a kit man who does. The position can be split and new posts offered at lower wages, he can then re-apply for one of the new positions.

this, make him redundant, then offer up 2 new part time roles (25 hrs), both for around 20k a year

Problem is that all these members of staff, like Ally are on good solid contracts and they won't walk away from zero, even more so if they are not happy with the new regime. Unfortunately we are going to have to bite the bullet and respect these contracts and make sure we don't make these ridiculous mistakes again..

I agree there are ways around it but I was more pointing out that you cannot simply make someone redundant if they don't accept a pay cut. The courts would chew us up and spit us out.

Mate I think you will find he doesnt actually do the laundry. He is responsible for the logistics of it all and making sure the players have what they require. Do we really need a kitman and an assistant?You could quite easily make one position/person whatever way you want to put it,redundant.

One thing to note from this, which I am unsure has been mentioned.

Ally has stated to his media 'friends' that he handed in his notice because the club were seeking to cut costs on his staff - again. He stated he found that unacceptable as he took hi pay cut previously to stop that very scenario.

If true, then it sounds like we are wasting our breath, as the board are currently looking to cut staff salaries and I would assume Jimmy will be high up on that list.