Kit Man

Murtaugh

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the tribunal, why do you keep going on about 'the courts'. This is for an employment tribunal and not a court. You are aware that splitting responsibilities into 2 will create a job. The worth of those jobs would be entirely separate from what the incumbent of the redundant role was earning.

The downgrading of jobs goes on quite regularly, do you have any experience, on either side, of this sort of process?

Can you really make a role redundant when under scrutiny every aspect of the job still requires to be done and you are immediately seeking to employ people to do exactly that? Is that really the purpose of redundancy, to get rid of staff for reasons that have nothing to do with the redundancy of a role?

Can you really make a role redundant when under scrutiny every aspect of the job still requires to be done and you are immediately seeking to employ people to do exactly that? Is that really the purpose of redundancy, to get rid of staff for reasons that have nothing to do with the redundancy of a role?

yup, all you have to do is change the job description, alter the actual job role slightly and bobs yer aunt fanny

a lot of other companies have done this in recent years, i know rolls royce done it about 15 years ago as well to get rid of a few of the older guys on big wages, to recruit younger guys on pittance compared to the redundant wages

yup, all you have to do is change the job description, alter the actual job role slightly and bobs yer aunt fanny

a lot of other companies have done this in recent years, i know rolls royce done it about 15 years ago as well to get rid of a few of the older guys on big wages, to recruit younger guys on pittance compared to the redundant wages

And tribunals don't bother looking past the new job title to see that it is effectively the same role? I've seen the redundancy by reorganisation before but that was with existing staff absorbing parts of a role, seems ridiculous that you can make a role redundant then instantly (or prior to doing so) employ people to do fundamentally the same job

And tribunals don't bother looking past the new job title to see that it is effectively the same role? I've seen the redundancy by reorganisation before but that was with existing staff absorbing parts of a role, seems ridiculous that you can make a role redundant then instantly (or prior to doing so) employ people to do fundamentally the same job

It happens all the time and is listed under 'reorganisation/restructuring'. Tribunals have little say on the way a company decides to reorganise and/or restructure. You'd be surprised how creative HR can be with JDs and Job Specs. Some parts of the role may be 'absorbed' into current posts and the rest reorganised into new posts at lower rates.

As Eagle has pointed out already, Jimmy will not clean the kit, he will manage the contractors or most likely the in house staff at Auchenhowie. He will, however, take sole responsibility of ensuring the first team kit is in order for match day - for which he gets the privilege of wearing a Rangers suit and tie!

And a company car

To be fair the guy must have a hell of alot a washing to do...How many players on our books? Training or a game 6 days a week that's alot of fucking dirty clothes...I'd be asking for a wage rise!

by the looks of things yesterday don't think there were any dirty kits, no running, no tackling, just standing about for 90 minutes letting hibs play keep the baw. so on that basis £50 a week seems fair

To be fair the guy must have a hell of alot a washing to do...How many players on our books? Training or a game 6 days a week that's alot of fucking dirty clothes...I'd be asking for a wage rise!

by the looks of things yesterday don't think there were any dirty kits, no running, no tackling, just standing about for 90 minutes letting hibs play keep the baw. so on that basis £50 a week seems fair

Seems JB is taking the leaking of his salary as Persilnal. Sad to see our Dirty Linen being aired.

Obviously made a bit of a joke about it mate but for this to get pages is fucking embarrassment.

Is the kit not clean enough? For me it looks spotless, even after this lot have fucked about for 90 mins!! The guys wage isn't his issue, it's who is willing to pay it and hopefully that will be addressed soon, depending on his current running contract. Have you got a washing machine?!:D

Not as if he's having to use a washboard to do it!

Tin hat on here, but I hardly think it's "loyalty" when he's on wages that's being reported. Anyone on more than £20,000 for doing what is probably no more than a part time job is fkn ridiculous. We've got far too many of these "loyal" workers on mad wages that should have been out after we went into admin. Whoever the fk gave these guys new contracts should get a hard boot in the balls.

for £180k a year I would expect the kits to be giving the players performance enhancing injections as they play.

We could simply buy a new set of strips for each game. Say 100 quid per player for a full strip. So say around 1700 quid total per game. Then right now 50 games per season. That's 85 grand. Still saving nearly 100K and no need to wash strips for 180K for two Kitmen or company cars.

We could simply buy a new set of strips for each game. Say 100 quid per player for a full strip. So say around 1700 quid total per game. Then right now 50 games per season. That's 85 grand. Still saving nearly 100K and no need to wash strips for 180K for two Kitmen or company cars.

aye but who,s going to hold up the subs board

FFS the man holds up the subs baord, puts the kit out and drives the bus. He is doing the work of 3.

No to mention he puts the kit in the washing machine.

My ansew is as folllows:

1) get a bus driver for the games. The Easdales know a couple

2) Get a fan to PAY to hold up the subs board. I think you could get £100-£200 a game for the honour.

3) Outsource the cleaning of the strips to a local firm.

Total saving would be over £100k a year.

FFS the man holds up the subs baord, puts the kit out and drives the bus. He is doing the work of 3.

No to mention he puts the kit in the washing machine.

My ansew is as folllows:

1) get a bus driver for the games. The Easdales know a couple

2) Get a fan to PAY to hold up the subs board. I think you could get £100-£200 a game for the honour.

3) Outsource the cleaning of the strips to a local firm.

Total saving would be over £100k a year.

?

I thought the 4th official held up the boards?

A lot of very very rough calculations going on.

Not saying the £120k salary is justified but his role would also include all the youth teams, management, training kits, supplier management etc.

Still massively overpaid but it's not just about looking after 16 guys on a Saturday.

I think people seriously underestimate how difficult a job the kitman has, every day he is charged with having about 50+ kits to organise for all training as well as replacements throughout the day - on a match day he's obviously charged with making sure everyone has their kit, a replacement kit and probably a third top handy (long/short sleeved one)

he'll not be responsible for actually cleaning them, the club will no doubt deal with a company who'll do that.

Most clubs kitmen are guys who live and breath the football club and are also usually tasked with giving new players an insight into the expectations of the football club, what it stands for etc...

I wouldn't say its a part time job, thats a very naive way of looking at it in my opinion, he'll be there first thing in the morning and probably one of thr last ones to leave as the kits are probably laid out the night before so they're ready for the players coming in on the morning.

no doubt he'd have people doing this for him but I'd say he'll still have his hands full for a good 50 hours a week

I'd say £100k per year for an organisation the size of Rangers Football club would be about right.

Your OP said a few of the Sunday papers had this now you are saying it's the DR printed version. Nobody else has seen this and you haven't posted a link or a picture. This still looks like a myth.

Record and Sunday Mail are same company