Durrant told not to come to work?

trueblueal

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally when your employer asks you to take a few weeks off it's because your having health or private problems

He could very well possibly be having problems with his privates. Considering the length or time his hands are in his pockets.

I supported the removal of the management team but in a dignified way and with a swift replacement. These guys do not deserve this humiliation. This is shocking.

I agree with this but you don't just suspend someone for no reason and if it is,as has been rumoured,related to a drinking allegation then that has to be dealt with.

Two weeks away could be a rehab assignment for Durrant.

It's all speculation on our part though and unless the Club or Durrant himself say something then that is all it's going to be.

I supported the removal of the management team but in a dignified way and with a swift replacement. These guys do not deserve this humiliation. This is shocking.

All They have to do is realise their not up to the job and just leave as there team is humiliating the fans !

Good!

Side note: Arnold Peralta makes a very good point!

‘The assistant is in charge now but it’s the same system, the same situation. I haven’t been involved for a long time. My team-mates ask me what is wrong and I tell them I don’t know. It’s a bad time for me.’

It's a bad time for all of us Arnie!!

ok. Why done we mortgage ibrox to give them a nice big healthy payoff. Happy with that?

If it is a drinking offence then he has quite rightly been suspended from work. If it is a move to put pressure on him, and the rest to resign, then it is a sordid tactic. Think of our traditions, this is not the way Rangers Football Club do things and it shows how far we have fallen if we resort to this.

If it is a drinking offence then he has quite rightly been suspended from work. If it is a move to put pressure on him, and the rest to resign, then it is a sordid tactic. Think of our traditions, this is not the way Rangers Football Club do things and it shows how far we have fallen if we resort to this.

The way Rangers done things in the past got us into the position of bankruptcy ! It's business and unfortunately it's the way it's done sometimes when your strapped for cash. Ian along with Mcdowall should just do the decent thing and leave as they are the ones that are holding back the team on the park.

if its drinking offence at work then he should have been sacked straight off in line with most uk companies drunk at work your out no questions ifs or buts. if its something he has done club related while drunk away from the club then a suspension could be in order.

pish. No more sordid than taking big bucks from a struggling company for a job u cannot do!!!!

For the removal to be dignified there has to be a common understanding and dignified behaviour by both parties- ie employee and employer. If that is not the situation then it just becomes a matter of contract law and processes that need to be applied.

These guys do not deserve humiliation, but to an extent they are bringing a lot of it on themselves. I sometimes think our ex footballing staff at Rangers have never grown up. Ibrox has become some sort of Never Never Land with Peter Pan and his playmates at war with the Grown Ups/ Pirates. The facts are that the commercial footballing world has changed in Scotland and Ibrox. Professional Managers and Coaching staff are employed to do a job- not be mates. If they want to play around with the boys- do it well away from the work place and those that are under their command. The days of excessive remuneration are gone. We either live within our means and achieve success on the pitch or die.

Llambias to many has become a sort of Captain Hook hate figure already. However he is not in post to be popular- he is in post to turn a business that has haemorrhaged cash over the last few years and is now quickly bleeding itself to death... into a viable sustainable business with a positive. He is certainly making the hard unpopular decisions.I have to say, with the risk of being deemed a Pirate.. I support him in that. I just hope there is still time and he has not come aboard too late!

For the removal to be dignified there has to be a common understanding and dignified behaviour by both parties- ie employee and employer. If that is not the situation then it just becomes a matter of contract law and processes that need to be applied.

These guys do not deserve humiliation, but to an extent they are bringing a lot of it on themselves. I sometimes think our ex footballing staff at Rangers have never grown up. Ibrox has become some sort of Never Never Land with Peter Pan and his playmates at war with the Grown Ups/ Pirates. The facts are that the commercial footballing world has changed in Scotland and Ibrox. Professional Managers and Coaching staff are employed to do a job- not be mates. If they want to play around with the boys- do it well away from the work place and those that are under their command. The days of excessive remuneration are gone. We either live within our means and achieve success on the pitch or die.

Llambias to many has become a sort of Captain Hook hate figure already. However he is not in post to be popular- he is in post to turn a business that has haemorrhaged cash over the last few years and is now quickly bleeding itself to death... into a viable sustainable business with a positive. He is certainly making the hard unpopular decisions.I have to say, with the risk of being deemed a Pirate.. I support him in that. I just hope there is still time and he has not come aboard too late!

Well put and agree with every word. If the board get the football side of things sorted out the majority of fans will come back and the board will be left alone to do there jobs in running a sustainable business. Good football = Less board talk.

llambias is there to protect mike Ashleys interest and nothing else

He will Make sure no one can get their money in while there is a change fat mike can get his in for some more assets

Ashley already has all the merchandise money and now looks like he has the strip sponsorship for fuck all as well

What other revenue streams do we have left? Season tickets that are in a huge decline that's about it.

Ashley is talking everything he can from this club he can for the least amount in

A double whammy of demotion and a 40% wage cut is the problem the board and Durrant have with each other.

Also Durie unhappy at taking over Durrants old post.

The garden will be looking great then. Assistant and manager both would rather be somewhere else punt them to.