Rangers star Lewis MacLeod undergoing medical at Brentford

Sander2006

Why would we get more for a kid who's missed big chunks through injury (and appears quite injury prone) and has played a handful of games in Scotland second tier? Mot to mention the boy Mcgrandles has made more appearances aged 18 than Lewis has at 20.

McGrandles was less publicised and of a lower profile, which often plays a large part in the interest and competition shown in players.McLeod has performed well enough to earn a full international call up, which is something McGrandles has yet to achieve.Im not actually arguing with you. Under normal conditions, I doubt very many youngsters from the lower leagues in Scotland would go for more than £1m. I was actually shocked when I heard Falkirk received this.Under normal circumstance, Rangers would not be in the lower leagues, which makes it a bit of a one off situation.If Rangers were healthy financially, I doubt they would entertain offers of £1m for him, but we are not, so we are here. If we were healthy, could we expect larger bids? Possibly, but who knows.I think that if McLeod did stay, he would probably progress and become a more valuable asset to our club. This is why I am disappointed that he looks to be leaving for what I believe to be a low price for a good prospect (who happens to be a decent player already).

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to our future.

I just hope Llambias was involved in the discussions and has inserted 20% sell on clause!

no chance, brentford know we are desperate for cash its probably 1 million and thats it.this board isnt thinking of our future,so why would they worry to much about a sell on clause, that would only happen in the future.

Lewis Macleod has passed his medical and will be going to Brentford, I thank him for his services to Rangers and wish him Good Luck in his career.

This is a footballing move from Brentford (David Weir), but a financial one from Rangers.

A transfer of a promising player which would not have happened if the crowds and income had been normal.

We can curse 'Rangers Man' Dave King and the boycotts he inspired for this.

I hope Dave King and the boycotters are happy with their work !!!

Skysports - Brentford set to sign Lewis Macleod from Rangers

I'd have said to Brentford, double your bid or fuck off.

-------------------

All clubs know our financial position. They have us over a barrel and know we will accept a lesser fee. To be honest, we have seen that manky mob do it for years in Scotland to sign players like Fernandez, McDonald, Pearson and Sylla. Teams will only pay what they have to and know the board need the money for us to survive.

I'm just surprised a bigger club hasn't come in and gazumped the deal. £1m for even a low sitting premiership team is peanuts. Even if he didn't work out they wouldn't lose much money, but stand to gain a good amount if he progresses.

Doubt an EPL side would make a bid for a lower league player in Scotland who has never played at the top league.

He's been playing in the basement league football and will need to progress at a much higher level to alter those teams.

IF he succeeds in the Championship then he will be a fairly cheap option for those clubs.

No one is going to offer more than £1 million for a lower league player and certianly not one at a club who are in financial ruin.

Doubt an EPL side would make a bid for a lower league player in Scotland who has never played at the top league.

He's been playing in the basement league football and will need to progress at a much higher level to alter those teams.

IF he succeeds in the Championship then he will be a fairly cheap option for those clubs.

No one is going to offer more than £1 million for a lower league player and certianly not one at a club who are in financial ruin.

---------

I meant gazumped in terms of attracting Lewis, not spending more. Mind you, he might be wary of the trap that Wilson fell into at Liverpool.

I understand what you are saying regarding EPL teams - but they wouldn't have to play him immediately and it isn't as if other weren't supposedly tracking his form.

Either way he'll get another move if he performs well.... Just gobsmacked he went to Brentford though.

If Barry Bannan is a midlevel EPL player then Lewis will easily match that level if not exceed it.

Charlie Adam is still playing in the EPL and I believe Lewis is easily superior to Adam as well.

There's only one Club doing well out this potential transfer deal and it's not us!

If Barry Bannan is a midlevel EPL player then Lewis will easily match that level if not exceed it.

Charlie Adam is still playing in the EPL and I believe Lewis is easily superior to Adam as well.

There's only one Club doing well out this potential transfer deal and it's not us!

Both of those players are currently better footballers and far more expierenced than Lewis.

You are talking about potential not on current ability.