Steven Smith

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you would you say that to his face or Steve Smith's ?

I think not, in fact I know you would not, as to be a Rangers player in the first place takes more balls than you've probably got. You'd be the one running away, guaranteed. Keyboard trolls aint that brave in real life.

:lol:

Fuck up ya auld duffer

:lol:

Fuck up ya auld duffer

And you would never in a million years have the balls to say that to my face, stick to trolling Ally McCoist, Steve Smith and now Ross Perry.

Anyone else in the Rangers team or on this forum you want to throw personal abuse at ?

And you would never in a million years have the balls to say that to my face, stick to trolling Ally McCoist, Steve Smith and now Ross Perry.

Anyone else in the Rangers team or on this forum you want to throw personal abuse at ?

Plenty on here have called Perry out for what he is including the admin so save your patriotic pish auld yin.

Perry bottled it against United and shat it so he didn't have to stay on the pitch....what would you call that then?

Plenty on here have called Perry out for what he is including the admin so save your patriotic pish auld yin.

Perry bottled it against United and shat it so he didn't have to stay on the pitch....what would you call that then?

Unfortunately you seem to be a consistent serial offender when it comes to abusing Rangers managers and players, almost obsessive.

Unfortunately you seem to be a consistent serial offender when it comes to abusing Rangers managers and players.

You keeping close tabs on me aye?

I'm pretty sure 90% of this forum have gave the manager and players abuse because we have been dire for more than 3 years.

What a shock eh :lol:

You keeping close tabs on me aye?

I'm pretty sure 90% of this forum have have the manager and players abuse because we have been dire for more than 3 years.

What a shock eh :lol:

You may be "pretty sure 90% on here personally abuse players and manager" on here ? Jesus.

I do not see that. I see thought out constructive critiscism on here a lot, by people who think it through, and a small number of posters who consistent post obsessive mindless abuse.

Which one of those is you ?

I appear to be in the minority but I don't see too much wrong with what he has said. I like to hear the thoughts and opinions of everyone connected with our club. I may not always agree with them but i'd rather hear their views than not.

To me, he has basically said that when the draw was made he was really excited, like a lot of us were, however due to bad performances and results (and to be honest a constant spate of depressing internal and external news probably hasn't helped), it's the least of his and our worries, to which I would also agree. I personally don't care so much for the upcoming old firm game just now. Of course I want us to win. I want us to win every game, and losing any game, especially against them would hurt. However, in the grand scheme of things it's only one game and we have more important priorities first and foremost. Our immediate priorities must be to sort out our off the field issues quickly and ensure we gain promotion. Anything in the cups regardless of who we are playing is a bonus. It's sad to say that but unfortunately that is where we are at just now. It's not accepting mediocrity but we can't even beat some of the teams in our own our lesser divisions.

Furthermore, he goes on to say that the fans are dreading the game which I think a lot of us are but that the players will deal with the game when it arrives, and make no mistake about it, no matter how poor our management and players may be, there is no chance in hell IMO that they will not be up for the game. It's also a good few weeks away and we have a massive game this weekend so again it's no surprise that there isn't much excitement for the old firm game. Everyone knows the build up in the final week is when it really kicks in, and it probably will do for me too, but as above, right now, the old firm game can GTF for the time being.

Whether Smith, the players, and management are good enough is an entirely different matter, and IMO they are not and I think it's perfectly acceptable to discuss and critique the inabilities of them all collectively. Therefore, if you like to hear the opinions of the players like me, I personally don't see to much wrong with what he said.

I appear to be in the minority but I don't see too much wrong with what he has said. I like to hear the thoughts and opinions of everyone connected with our club. I may not always agree with them but i'd rather hear their views than not.

To me, he has basically said that when the draw was made he was really excited, like a lot of us were, however due to bad performances and results (and to be honest a constant spate of depressing internal and external news probably hasn't helped), it's the least of his and our worries, to which I would also agree. I personally don't care so much for the upcoming old firm game just now. Of course I want us to win. I want us to win every game, and losing any game, especially against them would hurt. However, in the grand scheme of things it's only one game and we have more important priorities first and foremost. Our immediate priorities must be to sort out our off the field issues quickly and ensure we gain promotion. Anything in the cups regardless of who we are playing is a bonus. It's sad to say that but unfortunately that is where we are at just now. It's not accepting mediocrity but we can't even beat some of the teams in our own our lesser divisions.

Furthermore, he goes on to say that the fans are dreading the game which I think a lot of us are but that the players will deal with the game when it arrives, and make no mistake about it, no matter how poor our management and players may be, there is no chance in hell IMO that they will not be up for the game. It's also a good few weeks away and we have a massive game this weekend so again it's no surprise that there isn't much excitement for the old firm game. Everyone knows the build up in the final week is when it really kicks in, and it probably will do for me too, but as above, right now, the old firm game can GTF for the time being.

Whether Smith, the players, and management are good enough is an entirely different matter, and IMO they are not and I think it's perfectly acceptable to discuss and critique the inabilities of them all collectively. Therefore, if you like to hear the opinions of the players like me, I personally don't see to much wrong with what he said.

Nice sentiments mate but I couldn't disagree more.

Part of being a professional football player is facing the media and fielding questions in such a way as to answer them without handing them a negative story to stick on their back pages.

Basically the whole tone of the interview was awful and came across as defeatist.

Regardless of his comments on the game, I still can't get my head round the fact we re-signed him considering we let him go for not living up to his potential in the first place. The mind boggles.

I don't care if he's right in what he's saying, but no Rangers player should ever give up that easy ( pardon the cheesy speach) I was confident about this game untill our recent results, the ( Hibs) game the most. You should nevet fear that mob, granted we may go out there and get pumped but the players should go out there and leave their all on the pitch and we'll all respect that. Not this defeatist attitude!

Nice sentiments mate but I couldn't disagree more.

Part of being a professional football player is facing the media and fielding questions in such a way as to answer them without handing them a negative story to stick on their back pages.

Basically the whole tone of the interview was awful and came across as defeatist.

I really don't think he said anything too bad mate but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. Even though they are extremely lucky to have the opportunity play for us, it would be hard for everything not to take it's toll on you, and as such feel a bit down, and low in front of the cameras. I realise they have to remain professional, and they get paid significant sums to do so however they also have some form of human element, especially the Scottish players. I know we as fans certainly feel it.

I don't think I would have preferred him to respond any other way. He could had said no comment or avoided the question/s. I wouldn't have liked that. He could have rolled out all the cliches and said "we're hurting like the fans", "we need to bounce back" "This will be a turning point" "we'll learn from our mistakes" yada yada yada, which again I wouldn't have liked, and I don't think many others would. And let's be honest we've heard it all a million times before. And he could also say that he believes we can get a result against them however I think he'd have been laughed out of town. Of course, there is a happy medium of being optimistic and still showing some fighting spirit and belief, but as I said it must be difficult to express that when we have been so poor. The evidence to be optimistic is pretty damning. We (thankfully) only see matchdays; he sees how bad we are in training everyday! :)

I understand why some may be a little teethed off but ultimately he's not really saying anything we don't think. It's not nice to hear but sometimes the truth hurts, although I still maintain, IMO, that he's not said anything too bad. It's just sad where we are just now. In saying that even though i'm pissed off with everything that's going on and despite not being overly bothered about the game against them, I still think we can take them because they are simply not very good and will be under severe pressure to beat us, which could play into our hands. Maybe. Hopefully. Definitely. Cautiously optimistic loyal. :)

This is why we should have gotten a proper interim manager in when McCoist was ousted.

McCoist and his stooges have proven that among other things they cannot motivate the players.

We needed someone to instill some self belief in the team for this game and to ensure we at least finish 2nd in the league.

That's the spirit!

We should do a sweepstake on how many goals the dhims will score against us, I'm sure it would be really popular with the lurkers and pessimists on here.

Will be a tighter than expected game imo, in a very tense and strange atmosphere, and with nearly as much pressure on them as on us.

Could see them maybe winning it by the odd goal, maybe in extra time. But the longer the game goes, a bit of luck could go either way.

My only real concern is I think the SFA's representative on the park, the referee, will have a big say in it.

We should do a sweepstake on how many goals the dhims will score against us, I'm sure it would be really popular with the lurkers and pessimists on here.

Will be a tighter than expected game imo, in a very tense and strange atmosphere, and with nearly as much pressure on them as on us.

Could see them maybe winning it by the odd goal, maybe in extra time. But the longer the game goes, a bit of luck could go either way.

My only real concern is I think the SFA's representative on the park, the referee, will have a big say in it.

I really don't think there's that much pressure on us at all - if we win it's great, but if we lose it's expected.

As long as we don't really fuck it up, we could keep the scoreline respectable, but as you say, it could go our way (anything can happen in a cup game)

Still focusing more on the Hearts games though, they actually count.

Really ? What gives you this hope? Big jig going to find an extra 10 yards at the back and put in a heroic shift?

Hibs took 4 of us going on 6. The mhanks aren't great but going forward they are the best in Scotland. If we conced an early goal the the floodgates will open.

I think KM will play Boyd with miller for this one which right away we will be a man down.

Our MF is frighteningly bad. Smith will play LM and Black will start alongside Law. We may possibly see Jig in there.

Yes it's a one off game but its an OF game and they will be up for it big time. Our confidence has gone completely and I've got a feeling we will be going into it on the back of more poor results.

The biggest worry is defense. Constantly playing jig in there has fucked us at the back. Surely Zalukas and McGregor would be better?

Oh and Bell has to be back for this. Maybe 8 is a bit much but the potential for this to be off the wall is there. I'm dreading it and I don't care if that makes me a shitebag. We don't have anyone to inspire us. Every time when we need a result and a performance we fuck it up.