The Billy Boys.

.Williamson.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling me there is an illegal( bad ) version?

I always thought there was only one version which I have been singing since the late 70's, it is as legal now as it was then.

If you don't believe me ask FOCUS, they will never ever say the song is illegal, they may say it's offensive, but not illegal.

So to answer your question I only sing the legal version.

Copland, gies the sash,

Copland, Copland gies the sash!

Some folk obviously have not seen fight club...so...

f3fajb.jpg

There are no American tanks in Baghdad.

Anyone else who still claim they sing anything other than "Big Trophies" we shall just have to sit them down with a pencil and bit paper...or a stencil and erasier.

Are you telling me there is an illegal( bad ) version?

I always thought there was only one version which I have been singing since the late 70's, it is as legal now as it was then.

If you don't believe me ask FOCUS, they will never ever say the song is illegal, they may say it's offensive, but not illegal.

So to answer your question I only sing the legal version.

Look mate I understand that everyone loved the old version but the words were leaving us so certain people couldn't support the club, so I think the new version is a refreshing change.

If you feel that strongly about it you can just leave that line out.

An RFC spokesperson told Recordsport "we have been trying to get the support to unite and sing a new and cleaner version of the song, it was great to hear our famous roar back without the added nonsense. Big trophies was the choice of the overwhelming majority of the support and I hope we continue with this clean version of the song"

An RFC spokesperson told Recordsport "we have been trying to get the support to unite and sing a new and cleaner version of the song, it was great to hear our famous roar back without the added nonsense. Big trophies was the choice of the overwhelming majority of the support and I hope we continue with this clean version of the song"

Pants on fire!!!

When a think aboot it 'big trophies' just sounds better than the auld 'fenian blood' line.

Hullo hullo

Exactly mate and let's face it, it was only ever to get at Catholics, weve moved on from that

I've been singing it aw day and no offending anyone,its great.

Passed by a chapel singing and folk were smilin and waving,i felt good aboot that.

I quite pleased about this it would be great if the catholic commuinity would nomonate our support for this years nobel peace award

The Pope John Paul II Award is dedicated to the memory of the late Pope John Paul II whose love of young people was so profound. The Award was launched by the Papal Nuncio to Ireland His Excellency Most Rev Dr Giuseppe Lazzarotto on 7th November 2006 in the Diocese of Derry, Ireland.

If you are aged between 16 and 18 and living or going to school in participating Dioceses, the Pope John Paul II Award will enable you to become more actively involved in the life of your parish and community. Religion is not just for learning, nor a list of rules designed to stop you doing what you want. Religion is for living and through taking an active part in your church and community you will experience the contentment and fulfilment that comes from serving others, especially those in great need

Would be a good award for a young bear imo

The Pope John Paul II Award is dedicated to the memory of the late Pope John Paul II whose love of young people was so profound. The Award was launched by the Papal Nuncio to Ireland His Excellency Most Rev Dr Giuseppe Lazzarotto on 7th November 2006 in the Diocese of Derry, Ireland.

If you are aged between 16 and 18 and living or going to school in participating Dioceses, the Pope John Paul II Award will enable you to become more actively involved in the life of your parish and community. Religion is not just for learning, nor a list of rules designed to stop you doing what you want. Religion is for living and through taking an active part in your church and community you will experience the contentment and fulfilment that comes from serving others, especially those in great need

Father Declan likes this.BadPriestFinn.gif

Wonder if it's in the shape of an iron cross....

P.S. "his love of young people" Fuck sake :lol:

To be honest I find the new lyrics quite offensive towards some of the smaller sized trophies we have won throughout our history. There is no place for trophy based sizieism at scottish football matches in 2015.

Good point,we dont wanna offend anyone or thing.