Is This Season A Write Off?

Frank Reynolds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To have any chance of salvaging anything from this season we need McDowall gone. He is part of the problem at Ibrox. For all we have boardroom problems, the product and results on the park have played a far greater part in the current shambles. If we were winning well and playing good football then there would be no boycott of any worth. People would have bought STs and others would pay at the gate. McCoist and his back-room pals have done the club more harm than any director. Their part in our current situation should not be under-estimated. We have now exited 13 cup competitions since McCoist took over. Most of these have been humiliating defeats to far lesser sides.

Anybody who didn't see that result coming today needs to get wise to the situation. The "manager" has thrown in the towel, as have the players. I wouldn't bet on us winning a play off...we are Scheidt and gettin worse with every passing game.

We don't deserve to get promoted..and frankly ...it would be better if we didn't.

We don't need to wait for the EGM to get McDowall off onto gardening leave. He should be sent there first thing on Monday morning (and that's already about a month later than it should have been). Put Miller in charge of the first team until the new permanent appointment is made. If we don't do this, then Hibs will take points off us on Friday and we will stumble towards play-offs from which we won't emerge.

Totally agree that change is needed now but the current board are not interested in on field matters. That's why I think it will need total restructuring after the EGM and even that might be too late!

We have huge problems.

1. We have a board who are potentially(hopefully) going to be replaced soon, which brings us to point..

2. We have no manager, as Inigo touched on in another thread, how can we hire a new one when they may be out of favour within weeks under a new board? Which takes us to..

3. The 'players'. The type of people who would run if they saw their best mate getting a kicking, not run to get help - just run.

Pathetic individuals who I hope never get another professional contract due their 'Don't give a fuck attitude'.

What do they have to play for? Most of them are out of contract at the end of the season, do they need to try hard to win a new contract?

Well, no. As a new guy could come in and decide that he doesn't like their style and want his own guys in.

Each day that passes by I get angrier at the mess Ally has left us in, it's his players, this was his vision.

We have been cursed with arseholes on the board since we newcoed but they did back the manager, this mess on the football park has McCoist's fingerprints all over it. A fucking disgrace and I have no faith in us making it through the play-offs for the above reasons.

No season should be a right off with so many games to go .Time now for trying a few of the players that have not featured recently .

Get them in the side and hopefully getting some wins .That's the way it has to be at our club .

Next week we will be back behind our team . Cause we hate the Hibees

I hate this type of entitled attitude to be honest, why do "we the fans" deserve promotion more than Hibs, Falkirk or Queen of the South fans?

Because I couldn't give a fuck about Hibs, Falkirk or Queen of the South.

I'm sure the fans of those teams feel they deserve to go up, as is their right.

Scandalous that we've been paying the amount of money out on wages for 3 years, we're still in the second tier of shitey Scottish football yet at the start of Feb we're already writing off the season. Fucking disgraceful state of affairs. However, we've only ourselves to blame - piles of us on here were getting pelters for questioning things in Div3 and Div2 because it was "mission accomplished" for the management in place. Sadly, this is us now paying the price for that short term vision and we're still haemorrhaging cash.

Scandalous that we've been paying the amount of money out on wages for 3 years, we're still in the second tier of shitey Scottish football yet at the start of Feb we're already writing off the season. Fucking disgraceful state of affairs. However, we've only ourselves to blame - piles of us on here were getting pelters for questioning things in Div3 and Div2 because it was "mission accomplished" for the management in place. Sadly, this is us now paying the price for that short term vision and we're still haemorrhaging cash.

Agreed mate

Anyone who spoke out on here was an "ally hater" or just wanted to harm the club blah blah blah

Mccoist should never have been given the job , it was evident after his very first game, now he has cost us probably another year out the top flight and certainly many season until we can look to win the SPL

He should never been welcomed back at Ibrox even again

His arrogance blinded him , when he should have fucked off at end of last season

Agreed mate

Anyone who spoke out on here was an "ally hater" or just wanted to harm the club blah blah blah

Mccoist should never have been given the job , it was evident after his very first game, now he has cost us probably another year out the top flight and certainly many season until we can look to win the SPL

He should never been welcomed back at Ibrox even again

His arrogance blinded him , when he should have fucked off at end of last season

and that mentality also included we'll coast the leagues then invest heavily once back in the top league to challenge the mhanks...rather than let's change how we operate from top to bottom. That ship has now (sadly) sailed so we've learnt nothing since the wake up call in 2012.

To be perfectly honest I'd dread being in the top flight. I don't think it's unreasonable to think we'd be fighting to stay up.

True, we're utter pish but then again, teams like Ross County and St Mirren are woeful with the likes of Hivs and Falkirk probably better teams than them. The only way we'll get in that league next year is if there's an emergency league restructure and we make it a 16/18 team league.

To be perfectly honest I'd dread being in the top flight. I don't think it's unreasonable to think we'd be fighting to stay up.

True, we're utter pish but then again, teams like Ross County and St Mirren are woeful with the likes of Hivs and Falkirk probably better teams than them. The only way we'll get in that league next year is if there's an emergency league restructure and we make it a 16/18 team league.

as much as I would like to hope otherwise there's not a chance we will get promoted as we have bottled near enough every challenging game we have had, assuming we finish second cannot see us beating hibs over the two legs as this team has absolutely zero fight in them

I said in some threads yesterday that we have 3 games in hand, 2 matches still to play against Hearts etc, but some good points were made, mainly that it's points on the board that count, and we're not exactly great at converting games in hand to points...

So it seems that the league is fucked for us, and we should focus on the playoffs where I am still optimistic we can reach in second place, which leaves us with four legs to play

Today's performance fills me with dread at the prospect, our team is full of shitebag bottle crashers, who can't handle one fifth round Scottish Cup tie against Raith, where only pride is at stake, how the fuck are they going to cope over four legs when the future of the club could be at stake as a result?

They won't, is what I'm afraid of, and I think this is the mentality the players have.

They've had two managers resign in two months, their chances of winning the league are slim to none, and it's even out of their hands, as we'd need results to go in our favour to win it, we're not in any cup competitions anymore, and I just don't see that any of them give a fuck.

There is a boardroom forum, so I hope this doesn't descend into a DK/MA thread, but I seriously hope someone comes out and gives a contingent plan for us not going up next season, because it's looking more and more likely that we wont.

No it's not, we simply must go up

We knew it was going to be difficult when league was announced. Unfortunate for us at this time that this is toughest Championship for years and we are below par with all sorts of stuff going on.

We still have a chance in playoffs with crowds and hopefully some momentum, when these new players get going.

Too much whining and apathy. Woe is us. Fuck that. Optimism, positive thinking. Still to play for, same as the other teams. Have they given up too, because they are having to fight for it?