Is This Season A Write Off?

Frank Reynolds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE you deluded we should never wish our club to go into Admin that just mental. This is a very bad time in our history and a lot of you are jumping off the ship like rats. The EGM is on the 4th there is no excuse to boycott or not attend games and support the team NOW sos, uof groups etc your excuses now a just not there not to attend games. If for some reason DK doesnt get in and this board win the day then fair enough then a better plan of action is needed by in the meantime its clear our team NEEDS the fans push them on all I see is fans making up reasons not to attend and NOT to support the team. Fuck sick of it now, support the team of fuck off and do something else, im just as frustrated as all the fans but im not lead by blind hate, I go because I support the Rangers.

wouldnt say it's a write off. we can still get promoted which is our number 1 priority. honestly i see cup runs as just a bonus at the moment. if we get them then great...if not so what. we need to get promoted.

we're not catching up on hearts. forget that. but sure as hell need to close that gap as much as possible and get ready for play offs. not ideal but it'll do the job if we win them.

once the season is over then we'll decide if it's a right off or not. honestly it's not looking good at all. i think we'll be lucky to finish 4th.

I worry that we'll be promoted this season.

We won't catch Hearts, but when it comes to it, we've got better quality than Hibs, Falkirk, Queen of the South, etc. We haven't shown it, but the players might wake-up for the play-offs and perform a miracle.

The thought of that fills me with dread. We have 12 or 13 players out of contract, those who aren't are horrendous, we're manager less and in need of major rebuilding. Add to that, the boardroom is in chaos and potentially five starters will return to Newcastle in May.

We would be relegated next season, if we get promoted.

We will get to the playoffs.

What we do when we get there though... I wouldn't like to put my savings on us playing in the SPFL next season. At this moment in time it's probably 50/50.

I have no idea if we're good enough to beat St Mirren or Ross County, main concern is being schooled by Hibs or Queens again.

Scandalous that we've been paying the amount of money out on wages for 3 years, we're still in the second tier of shitey Scottish football yet at the start of Feb we're already writing off the season. Fucking disgraceful state of affairs. However, we've only ourselves to blame - piles of us on here were getting pelters for questioning things in Div3 and Div2 because it was "mission accomplished" for the management in place. Sadly, this is us now paying the price for that short term vision and we're still haemorrhaging cash.

This 100%

I said in some threads yesterday that we have 3 games in hand, 2 matches still to play against Hearts etc, but some good points were made, mainly that it's points on the board that count, and we're not exactly great at converting games in hand to points...

So it seems that the league is fucked for us, and we should focus on the playoffs where I am still optimistic we can reach in second place, which leaves us with four legs to play

Today's performance fills me with dread at the prospect, our team is full of shitebag bottle crashers, who can't handle one fifth round Scottish Cup tie against Raith, where only pride is at stake, how the fuck are they going to cope over four legs when the future of the club could be at stake as a result?

They won't, is what I'm afraid of, and I think this is the mentality the players have.

They've had two managers resign in two months, their chances of winning the league are slim to none, and it's even out of their hands, as we'd need results to go in our favour to win it, we're not in any cup competitions anymore, and I just don't see that any of them give a fuck.

There is a boardroom forum, so I hope this doesn't descend into a DK/MA thread, but I seriously hope someone comes out and gives a contingent plan for us not going up next season, because it's looking more and more likely that we wont.

I won't give up on promotion but it will take a very strong, experienced manager to undo the damage done by McCoist. A manager who can instill some pride and confidence in the team the way Jackie Mc has done at the Arabs.

We need a new manager yesterday.