We Are Getting Reported For Sectarian Songs

minstral

As I've said numerous times until we start fighting back against our enemies we are going to be an easy target. Murray, Bain bent over and took it up the arse from the SFA instead of sticking up for us when this new rule came in. Was it not Jack McConnell who brought it in? A known RC who supports C****c. The only way to change is to contact the club en mass and tell them what we think! The minority seem to be running the country and that needs to change!

I completely agree with you, we need to be proud of who we are and what we're about. But setting out to blindly cause offence, or exhibit willful ignorance, is not the way to do it.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it designed to punish Rangers and only Rangers?

Yes.

Is it designed to further blacken the clubs and supporters name?

Yes.

Is it designed to pander to a deranged pundit who lies and enjoys playing the race card when it suits?

No doubt about it.

Could it have been avoided?

Absolutely

I wonder when the penny will drop that every man and their dog want to fuck us over and we keep giving them the ammunition.

I completely agree with you, we need to be proud of who we are and what we're about. But setting out to blindly cause offence, or exhibit willful ignorance, is not the way to do it.

Recently I think the fans have just had enough. We've taken it from all angles be it in our work, social media, from our own club, media, everyone has had a go at us. The days of the whole dignified silence has been and gone, we must now stand up for ourselves and I honestly believe singing our anthem is the start of that.

We are going to get fucked over this,the club doesnt need it. Sing those songs in the confides of your own home if you must. So we have to revert to the dark ages and sing our old songbook in some sort of defiance,knowing full well the club will suffer. But you carry on mate

They will only hammer until someone stands up in court and challenge it in an articulate and correct fashion, there is nothing legally anyone has done wrong and you know that, just because the tarriers say they don't like it is not enough to make it illegal and it's time we put this to the test. I've many friends who have got off sectari breach issues by challenging it and the courts have no answer because it's not illegal. Get a fucking grip and get our song book sung again

Agreed?

This will get the club into trouble.

This will eventually get the club fined money that we cannot afford.

You want to sing songs that you know are going to get us into trouble, stand outside a police station, sing it on your own and tell the judge it isn't sectarian, I will wish you good luck and hope you win.

But we don't need the hassle.

Recently I think the fans have just had enough. We've taken it from all angles be it in our work, social media, from our own club, media, everyone has had a go at us. The days of the whole dignified silence has been and gone, we must now stand up for ourselves and I honestly believe singing our anthem is the start of that.

See I think we can do it, but reframing in such a way as not to blatantly cause offence.

Look what the rhodents have done, they have simply reframed their hatred and obsession around our financial woes.... The monkeys died ffs! I can't believe they got away with that banner and no one batted an eyelid. They are still utterly obsessed with their hatred of us.

We just need move the goalposts slightly. Going out our way to be ignorant and stuck in the past isn't going to help.

...and gay doesn't mean homosexual. Anybody who talks that way has no idea how the English language works/evolves. If people use it to mean Catholic, and anyone who denies it it is used that way is a liar, then it means Catholic.

I cant be held responsible for you bastardising the meaning of a word

wolfe tone was a fenian, was he not?

We will get fucked over this.You insist on those songs as some sort of defiance,carry on. The laws have changed,i dont like it.But have no finances to challenge it..if you have.Be my guest.

See how you get on.

This law is wrong and Hampden proved that is unenforceable. A few years ago I was for singing different versions so as not to offend anyone but now I realise that it is not about that, we offend them just by being here. They want to enshrine rights and freedoms for everyone except us. It is not on and it seems we have reached the tipping point, something will have to give.

See I think we can do it, but reframing in such a way as not to blatantly cause offence.

Look what the rhodents have done, they have simply reframed their hatred and obsession around our financial woes.... The monkeys died ffs! I can't believe they got away with that banner and no one batted an eyelid. They are still utterly obsessed with their hatred of us.

We just need move the goalposts slightly. Going out our way to be ignorant and stuck in the past isn't going to help.

We as fans need to stop talking about it on the Internet or in pubs and do something about it. We need everyone pulling together and everyone to do the same thing. We had a RFB we should have been using it to raise concerns with the board. However we were too busy trying to sort out club out and we've taken our eye off our enemies. Get our club sorted first then we'll focus on our enemies. I'd like the club to actively campaign to get the word 'h*n' banned

I get what you,re saying and i understand completely. But someone will have to take on a landmark case to finally put it to bed. I just think its not worth the hassle and i KNOW the eastenders get away with all and sundry. Personally the SNP have fucked us. The game of shame so to all this. Storm in a friggin teacup?

This law is wrong and Hampden proved that is unenforceable. A few years ago I was for singing different versions so as not to offend anyone but now I realise that it is not about that, we offend them just by being here. They want to enshrine rights and freedoms for everyone except us. It is not on and it seems we have reached the tipping point, something will have to give.

I literally could not give a fuck.

What else they going to do to us?

Well they could fine us, or deduct points, or close the ground or even put us out of business.

But as long as you don't give a fuck none of that will happen eh!

Whether we like it or not the song has been deemed unacceptable and sectarian and until someone gets themselves arrested and wins a court judgement to say otherwise then it simply gives them an excuse to hammer the club.

Singing something you know could damage Rangers is not defiance it is stupidity

Well they could fine us, or deduct points, or close the ground or even put us out of business.

But as long as you don't give a fuck none of that will happen eh!

Whether we like it or not the song has been deemed unacceptable and sectarian and until someone gets themselves arrested and wins a court judgement to say otherwise then it simply gives them an excuse to hammer the club.

Singing something you know could damage Rangers is not defiance it is stupidity

It also calls in to question how much you actually love Rangers football club, rather than see them as a vehicle for your own beliefs or "culture".

Easy way round this -

Everyone wanting to sing songs that are deemed

offensive, take a mask, any will do, put it on and sing your heart out. I would love to see the police try and pursue a charge against anyone when they can't see if they're singing or not.

Fuck any apologists on here, i don't condone sectarianism but worse is the mistruth that the billy boys or the sash is sectarian. I dont hate catholic people but i hate the brand that is celtic and their insistence on supporting a defeated terrorist army thats killed more brits than al qaeda or IS.

Is god save the queen racist for having a line about rebellious scots to crush? No its fucking not so singing about hating terrorists from the 1800's most certainly is not related to religion.

...and gay doesn't mean homosexual. Anybody who talks that way has no idea how the English language works/evolves. If people use it to mean Catholic, and anyone who denies it it is used that way is a liar, then it means Catholic.

I don't use the word to mean Roman Catholic and if and when I sing the Billy Boys I do not mean that line to mean Roman Catholic or supporters of the Roman Catholic faith. So I am not a liar like you say. The meaning of the word to me a supporter of Irish Republicism. Irish Republicism is littered with Protestant Fenians as an example. leading Irish Nationalist during the 1800's John Mitchell's father was a Presbyterian minister and the phrase was originally coined by one of there own John O'Mahony

But what I will say is that this is the Roman Catholic way, say a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. They have done it for hundreds of years with many different things. There whole religion itself is based on lies and ill truths to benefit it's leaders. Why do you think their was a reformation in the first place.

The bastardisation of the word needs to be challenged as it is getting wrongly identified and wrongfully passed into laws. The more people accept this and give the dignified silence the more it will be accepted and by the end we will be sat on our hands watching the football an a 'dignified silence'.

It doesn't matter what 'fenian' means. We have been told not to sing TBB. Anyone who decided to sing it just gets the club into bother. We had this argument years ago.

If people feel that passionately about singing about 'fenians' then they need to engage some legal representation and challenge it. I seriously doubt it would make a difference though.

Personally I love the song with the alternate 'clean' lyrics as it doesn't give Timmy a chance to smear us and sounds absolutely great belted out.