*** Official Europa League Thread ***

Bear cub1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all English teams fucked out of Europe in mid-March. PL title race all but over. they certainly got that new TV deal in the nick of time!

Crazy thing is Sky are raising their prices again, even though they said they wouldn't when they signed the new TV deal, losing the CL means they've lost that revenue stream, so they have to pay for the PL TV deal somehow. One day the bubble will burst... what's going on now in the Premier League goes against every sensible economic principle you can imagine. It simply isn't sustainable.

Crazy thing is Sky are raising their prices again, even though they said they wouldn't when they signed the new TV deal, losing the CL means they've lost that revenue stream, so they have to pay for the PL TV deal somehow. One day the bubble will burst... what's going on now in the Premier League goes against every sensible economic principle you can imagine. It simply isn't sustainable.

Sky have been ripping people off for years now. BT Sport said they'll raise their prices next season but are determined to be cheaper than Sky. I'll definitely go with BT myself

Can't see past Wolfsburg at the moment.

I saw the papers are linking them with a £30 Million bid for Lukaku. I think they could spend their money a bit wiser than that, but they did try and get him before he moved to Everton.

Hopefully they keep ahold of their good players and do well in the CL next Season.

I saw the papers are linking them with a £30 Million bid for Lukaku. I think they could spend their money a bit wiser than that, but they did try and get him before he moved to Everton.

Hopefully they keep ahold of their good players and do well in the CL next Season.

Agreed. Lukaku's obviously good, I mean 100 career goals at the age of 21 isn't bad, but I still don't really rate him that highly if that makes sense! His link-up play is pretty poor and he's only really done it in the EL this season.

City have been linked with De Bruyne but I'd rather he stayed at Wolfsburg tbh. They don't need the money and he's been superb for them.