Will Ally Do The Right Thing

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't the boardroom have said to McCoist that spending all that money on players wasn't sustainable? Surely they should know the financial situation of the club.

I'm pretty sure if the board told McCoist, spending that amount on wages is going to put a strain on the club financially then he would have accepted it.

looking at it very simplistic. If we were odds on tp get promoted we may noy have an issue. Mccoist only real goal was three promotions. With loads of dosh.

Its an effin problem now tho. Keep deluding urself tho guys.

I'm not going to debate with you the wasted money PLG vs McCoist. The fact is he walked away with nothing for whatever reason, allowing the club to move on, without removing any more money afterwards. I respect him for that, I find it disgusting the way McCoist is still removing money from our club as he sits about doing nothing.

Never a legend.

That's the point.

Why would you not want to actually find out the truth of his gardening leave? He has a contract that he cannot just breach.

Why just run on an assumption?

Nail on the fucking head.

And didn't take a pay off or sit taking a salary till he found a new job, he showed integrity.

Ally McCoist isn't heading to the poor house if he doesn't take his salary but by the same token it's a 12 month rolling contract that works both ways, so just to play devils advocate here and give the man the benefit of the doubt, here's a scenario he could be playing out.

He goes to the board says "I want out because its clear its not working and I'll leave with no further payment", board says "great, sign this confidentiality clause and you're gone". Ally says "I can't do that, I think it's important the supporters know whats going on", they say "fair enough, you want to get out of your contract you pay us the £750,000 to buy yourself out". He can afford to leave with nothing but he doesn't want to feed the board £750,000 out his own pocket so he says "fuck you, I'll stay". Their reply "ok, gardening leave then, off you fuck" thinking that gives them a year to do what they can to lessen any pain of what they think he'll say. Ally's position then is to say nothing and hold out for King to gain power and at that point he approaches them and asks if they'll let him go for nothing with no clause, even offers to pay back wages since he went on leave. King says ok as he has nothing to lose, might even help him if it highlights how bad his predecessors were.

King wins, Ally shows everything he did he did for Rangers and maybe wins back a lot of respect from the support and the actions of the prior board get highlighted to the supporters.

Personally I don't believe that's what's playing out right now and that's why I'm having difficulty seperating Ally the playing legend and Ally the man right now and holding on to all the love/respect built up over the years. But at the end of the day it's possible. The next week or two will show us all the measure of the man.

Integrity? Is that what it's called when you engineer an escape to take up a role at your former club? I must remember that one. I guess Naismith, McGregor and Whittaker all acted with integrity too.

Integrity? Is that what it's called when you engineer an escape to take up a role at your former club? I must remember that one. I guess Naismith, McGregor and Whittaker all acted with integrity too.

How exactly did he engineer an escape? Maybe he had an idea that Guy Lacombe would be sacked so he started chucking league games? Spent a few months fostering building a bad relationship with our captain by getting him to train, eat and act in a more professional manner on the off chance Lacombe would make an arse of it at PSG?

Or maybe, just maybe, after he'd left PSG saw he was available and took on board that they were sitting just above the relegation places and decided to replace their manager with one with a better reputation rather than just putting up with a shit manager the way we did with McCoist. He had a great name in France before coming to us and was unbeaten with us in Europe finishing top of our group, is it so unusual that in his home country where a team badly needed a manager they asked him if he wanted the job.

Believe what you want, it's a free country.

Second part of your point doesn't even warrant a reply.

He does think he's done a good job under difficult circumstances, the guy is deluded.

If he really does think that then he's deluded beyond what most of us already thought.

If anything he damaged Rangers more than repaired it during his stint, a truly woeful so called manager.

Let's just hope he's only back as a supporter to Ibrox.

What i have to laugh it is all this bullshit about the finances not being the managers responsibility. And i also have to laugh at the notion that McCoist never looked at his contract or discussed in depth his package etc.

The guy was renowned for being sharp as a tack and negotiating his own deals with Murray.

Those who know him and know what he is like will all tell you that he is financially switched on.

What is undeniable is that he chose a path that led to our financial downfall. A path that had been tried many times before and had failed many times before.

He wasn't interested in investing time and effort with the youths. He wasn't interested in rebuilding or doing what Hearts are doing so successfully. His ego is so huge that he firmly believed he was right and everyone else was wrong.

McCoist the manager has been without doubt the biggest shambles i have ever witnessed in the hot seat.

How exactly did he engineer an escape? Maybe he had an idea that Guy Lacombe would be sacked so he started chucking league games? Spent a few months fostering building a bad relationship with our captain by getting him to train, eat and act in a more professional manner on the off chance Lacombe would make an arse of it at PSG?

Or maybe, just maybe, after he'd left PSG saw he was available and took on board that they were sitting just above the relegation places and decided to replace their manager with one with a better reputation rather than just putting up with a shit manager the way we did with McCoist. He had a great name in France before coming to us and was unbeaten with us in Europe finishing top of our group, is it so unusual that in his home country where a team badly needed a manager they asked him if he wanted the job.

Believe what you want, it's a free country.

Second part of your point doesn't even warrant a reply.

PSG fans wanted rid of Lacombe for months. PLG was tipped for the job prior to falling out with Ferguson and the others, and as far back as October 2006, leaves Rangers (who PSG would have been due compensation) and takes the PSG job a week later. Just all a big coincidence though. Definitely acted with integrity.

PSG fans wanted rid of Lacombe for months. PLG was tipped for the job prior to falling out with Ferguson and the others, and as far back as October 2006, leaves Rangers (who PSG would have been due compensation) and takes the PSG job a week later. Just all a big coincidence though. Definitely acted with integrity.

So what you're saying is he engineered the move by the fans of PSG wanting rid of their manager, by being linked with the job in the French press only a few months after he started at Rangers and finally by taking another job 11 days after leaving us?

I know, I'm being facetious. My point though is that you're not answering the original question, how did he engineer the move? What did he do?

You're original claim was that he engineered his exit, so how did he go about that?

I'll only be able to forgive McCoist for this mess if he agrees to rip up the remainder of his contract without pay, and donates the money he's recieved on gardening leave to the club/fan ownership scheme.

Can see him quitting without a pay off, I'd be surprised if he did anything more than that

Im pretty sure if Ally had wanted to walk and take no more money from the club that some arrangement would and should have been made.Look at Carles Puyol at Barcelona. Knew he could no longer deliver 100% for the club he loved and walked away with two years of lucrative contract left which no doubt would even put Allys into shade.Goes to show you if you TRULY LOVE the club you can sort something out so lets not be kidded with legal shit. Theres and old saying " where theres a will theres a way"

So what you're saying is he engineered the move by the fans of PSG wanting rid of their manager, by being linked with the job in the French press only a few months after he started at Rangers and finally by taking another job 11 days after leaving us?

I know, I'm being facetious. My point though is that you're not answering the original question, how did he engineer the move? What did he do?

You're original claim was that he engineered his exit, so how did he go about that?

He deliberately had his big bust up with Ferguson prior to the Motherwell match knowing fine well who was going to get the backing of the fans and SDM. He done it so that it made his position untenable and it was a case of 'I go or he does'. If PLG hadn't had another job lined up there would have been no Fergie bust up, no Gavin Rae as captain, no Boyd making a number 6 gesture after scoring.

He deliberately had his big bust up with Ferguson prior to the Motherwell match knowing fine well who was going to get the backing of the fans and SDM. He done it so that it made his position untenable and it was a case of 'I go or he does'. If PLG hadn't had another job lined up there would have been no Fergie bust up, no Gavin Rae as captain, no Boyd making a number 6 gesture after scoring.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, can't agree with you though. The arguement with Ferguson, and as such Boyd and his other mates, goes back waaay longer than that and was always going to come to a head at some point. I can see where your train of thought is coming from but I honestly believe if Murray had backed him he would have stayed and while there would have been short term pain in the long run it would have been better for us.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree since neither of us can back up our opinions with cold hard facts.

Will Ally Do The Right Thing?

If by implication you mean will he forfeit any monies due, NO.

IMO Ally was way out of his depth as manager and as club saviour He will ultimately pay a very heavy price for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, his reputation is in tatters with the majority of our support.

Probably wishes he had stayed on QoS, I know I do!

For those who are saying many have prejudged and Ally might make it all better with a refund and 'the truth', what could he possibly say that would make up for his behaviour? Even with hollywood blockbuster levels of fantasy I can't fathom a single thing he could reveal that would absolve him of guilt. How about - The board were Martians and they were conducting an experiment on the human response to adversity so they turned all the players minds to mush and made them play shite even though I bought superstars?

Ally will soon have an article in the paper " explaining" his actions...

It will be well written and believable but it will be nonsense...

Allys only allegiance is to himself and his huge bank balance...

No more a hero...

Well you're entitled to your opinion, can't agree with you though. The arguement with Ferguson, and as such Boyd and his other mates, goes back waaay longer than that and was always going to come to a head at some point. I can see where your train of thought is coming from but I honestly believe if Murray had backed him he would have stayed and while there would have been short term pain in the long run it would have been better for us.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree since neither of us can back up our opinions with cold hard facts.

Would it have been better for us? PLG hardly has a glittering CV since leaving.