Is This Illegal?

SuperAli

Is singing 'f*** Bobby Sands, he's deed!'illegal I've been asking myself recently, surely not.

So i decided to contact FoCUS for some clarification for us all. Just off the phone after a very long and tedious conversation with them specifically about this phrase:

- said that no one has been done previously for saying that and just that but that's not to say no one will be done in the future. There has been no precedent for it though being taken through the courts.

- it is distasteful and they wouldn't recommend singing it (despite me saying you do realise he was a terrorist who advocated murder?)

- will clarify whether it is illegal or not with the fiscal if I put it in writing to them which I will do later.

Will keep you updated.

Is singing 'f*** Bobby Sands, he's deed!'illegal I've been asking myself recently, surely not.

So i decided to contact FoCUS for some clarification for us all. Just off the phone after a very long and tedious conversation with them specifically about this phrase:

- said that no one has been done previously for saying that and just that but that's not to say no one will be done in the future. There has been no precedent for it though being taken through the courts.

- it is distasteful and they wouldn't recommend singing it (despite me saying you do realise he was a terrorist who advocated murder?)

- will clarify whether it is illegal or not with the fiscal if I put it in writing to them which I will do later.

Will keep you updated.

Fucking the dead is indeed illegal, even in Port Glasgow.

They'd probably try and justify it under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act if they were to charge someone for singing it.

"This offence will cover sectarian and other offensive chanting and threatening behaviour related to football which is likely to cause public disorder."