Best Trip To England To See The Bears (Apart Fae Manchester)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm no sure but Bally used to sit with paw Brown at the games i don't think they go on the bus though.

Did he not use to sit with big Pip, colin and Jake M8 in the Copland? don't know if they all jacked it but cos of all the shit we've been through.....

big Drumfest goin on in the Bears Den tonite tho lol WATP

Drumchapel Loyal :7325:

Giving my age away here, but one of my favourites has to be Wolverhampton (about 1910 or so).

Marching thru' the streets 10,000 strong.

Someone should actually sit down and write a song about that as 10k men then was some commitment to get there.

Did he not use to sit with big Pip, colin and Jake M8 in the Copland? don't know if they all jacked it but cos of all the shit we've been through.....

big Drumfest goin on in the Bears Den tonite tho lol WATP

Drumchapel Loyal :7325:

Aye he did mate,one of the times i was up he offered me Paws seat, at the time Paw had 2 books and Bally was using one of them. He's no been for a while because of the shte,you're right there. i was with him about 3 weeks ago and that'e what he said.

Spurs in 86 for me, great weekend in london followed closely by Sheffield, the locals at tottenham were not as friendly as the sheffield punters,at the spurs game we got off the underground at the seven sisters and there was fights kicking off all the way up to white hart lane also remember a massive crush trying to get in, once in the ground fighting broke out at the corner dividing the fans the Bears were in great voice that day, the fri/sat nights were magic.

Sheffield was a day trip but by fuck what a day it was,down with Polmont/Bo'ness joint bus 80 odd seater if you were over 6 foot you were fucked nae leg room, we were booked into a club no far from hillsborough the locals couldn't be nicer, after the game the locals were all wanting to shake your hands swap tops/scarfs and even buy you drink back in the club.

Took my son down to the Ted Mcmin testimonial another day trip,having a drink under the stands before the game and my sons pal came running down to tell me my son was on the park, the derby mascot had picked him from the young ones to take penalty's into him.

Highbury/Everton and Sunderland were also great day trips although everton turned into a 2 day as me and my mate got lifted heading down to our bus outside the provincial for fuck all, we got kicked out the cells at half 5 next morning then made our way to blackpool got pissed and caught the last train to edinburgh, wife was not happy. :(

Emirates was another great weekend in london, down in the train stayed in the premier inn at kings X.

Derby at the start of this season didn't quite match sheffield, Bradford was a good day with the nithsdale bus, fulham was a great day untill we missed our bus home got a taxi over to kings X but the last train was gone, slept at the entrance to the station wrapped in an ulster flag,cost me 94 quid to get home, again wife not amused. :7325:

Leeds (1992) - one of the best nights of my life for all sorts of reasons including the result, what it meant, meeting lots of Gers stars/personalities, etc! followed by Portsmouth, followed by Sheffield Wednesday.

Newcastle weekend was class. We must have taken about 20,000 bears and the Geordie's were all cracking up as we took over their city, their pubs and their own end behind the goal. :lol:

was this like 30 years ago? My old boy always tells me about a match down in Newcastle years ago, he said that there was about 60,000 bears in the stand that was meant to hold 40,000 and people were nearly crushed every time the ball came into the Rangers end, and that we basically took over the whole city :7325:

was this like 304 years ago? My old boy always tells me about a match down in Newcastle years ago, he said that there was about 60,000 bears in the stand that was meant to hold 40,000 and people were nearly crushed every time the ball came into the Rangers end, and that we basically took over the whole city :7325:

We played a tournament down there in 2004 also , got beat 4-2 by Newcastle but the bears were giving it laldy all game , sure bobby Robson labelled us scum for giving shearer abuse after he squared up with ricksen or something. Came 3rd after beating feyenord on penalties on the Sunday .

was this like 30 years ago? My old boy always tells me about a match down in Newcastle years ago, he said that there was about 60,000 bears in the stand that was meant to hold 40,000 and people were nearly crushed every time the ball came into the Rangers end, and that we basically took over the whole city :7325:

No! 2005-2006 pre season I think it was