Mccall: Team Selection Tricky

I think some of us are kidding ourselves on with regards Jig, Lee McCulloch is club captain, i don't think McCall will change that and with him being so, will most likely start the match. My only hope is it isn't at the back. He is a liability back there. He is a striker, if he has to play, he should be played as a striker.

As for blank canvas, yes it may well be but we do have players who should have kicked their last ball already. The likes of Simonsen, Foster and Black have no future here, they should be nowhere near a matchday squad.

Personally i would like to see Shiels and Templeton reintroduced to the team somehow and a proper right back brought into the team, Ryan Sinnamon is on the verge of walking out on the club disillusioned, he is the best right back at the club and i would hope someone has mentioned him to McCall. Unlike Foster, Black and Simmo, the likes of Ryan are our future.

A lot of club captains have sat on the sidelines over the years, filling that role should NEVER make you an automatic pick!

I do agree however that if he plays it shouldn't be CB.

my two starters that I would like McCall to reintroduce to the side are CONFIDENCE and CHARACTER, both sadly missing for three years.

I noticed when we played the Arabs how their side was full of confidence and self belief, missing from Rangers for years.

Character, a big fat ZERO under Mccoist, not one player out of those picking up over 21M quid in wages has demonstrated one ounce of character.

Hope the wee man can turn it all around

I'm sure he won't follow McDowall's team selection of:

McCulloch from the top row

and 10 others from anywhere else

I believe that , correctly, lee will be the first name on the sheet and would genuine be shocked if he is not playing - I'm looking forward to seeing his initial selection tbo'

More great talk coming from McCall, i just hope the players are buyimg into his ethos and get a spark from the change, wouldn't be the first time we've seen a revolt against a new manager.

Going for 3-0 today, really hope the balls played on the deck.

my two starters that I would like McCall to reintroduce to the side are CONFIDENCE and CHARACTER, both sadly missing for three years.

I noticed when we played the Arabs how their side was full of confidence and self belief, missing from Rangers for years.

Character, a big fat ZERO under Mccoist, not one player out of those picking up over 21M quid in wages has demonstrated one ounce of character.

Hope the wee man can turn it all around

Considering Ally played under Jock Wallace, whose favourite word was character, it is somewhat distressing that Ally chose to ignore it. Hopefully McCall starts getting that back by dropping the spineless ones.

I think McCall will start McCulloch, Miller and Boyd today in the hope he can put some confidence in them and despite them all struggling big time the sad fact is we've nobody playing much better. Stuart knows there is no time to experiment so can't see him playing young team and think his biggest job is to try and get something out of Templeton which may also give Wallace a lift as they seem to work well together.