Ally Has Gone

djbroxybear

Champions League money would have enabled him to make those payments.

He might have run off with the money - no one can prove that.

He might have paid the PAYE/NI - no one can prove that either.

The only certainty was that failure to qualify for Europe, from some piss-easy qualifiers, took away the opportunity for CW to do the right thing.

But we had CL money coming in. It's paid a year behind. So in season 2011/12 we would recieve 10/11 CL payments

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to Ally being next Man Utd Manager and proving me wrong. Alternatively he never gets another job in football and proves certain other posters wrong, we will see. :7325:

Can you tell me who in this thread backs ally the manager?

But we had CL money coming in. It's paid a year behind. So in season 2011/12 we would recieve 10/11 CL payments

No it isn't. I am certain that CL money is paid in tranches, I believe it is 3 payments. You also have 3 home gate receipts of approx £1.5 to £2m each.

No it isn't. I am certain that CL money is paid in tranches, I believe it is 3 payments. You also have 3 home gate receipts of approx £1.5 to £2m each.

Cl money is backdated I'm 99% sure of that, home game money is obviously kept as its gate receipts, but let's not kid in whyte was ever in this for the right reasons

It would have been feasible to raise money against that, had we managed to qualify.

A bit like Ticketus & future season ticket revenues.

It would have been feasible to raise money against that, had we managed to qualify.

A bit like Ticketus & future season ticket revenues.

He had already used ticketus though to fund the takeover and I doubt any bank would have dealt with CW

Cl money is backdated I'm 99% sure of that, home game money is obviously kept as its gate receipts, but let's not kid in whyte was ever in this for the right reasons

I don't think anyone would disagree with you there - my angle is simply that the chance to play it fair was removed from him.

In a way which I think could have been avoided.

He had already used ticketus though to fund the takeover and I doubt any bank would have dealt with CW

Ticketus may well have gone further - after all, once you pass certain milestones, the cash is virtually guaranteed.

I think you're right re the banks, but there are other players out there who may have been interested.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you there - my angle is simply that the chance to play it fair was removed from him.

In a way which I think could have been avoided.

93/94, 94/95, 97/98, 01/02, 02/03, 08/09

The amount of years we have had managers potentially put us into administration, they should hang their heads in shame for risking our future like that.

The amount of years we have had managers potentially put us into administration, they should hang their heads in shame for risking our future like that.

Haven't a clue what you mean.

I think I've worked it out - early Euro exits.

Ok, at a time when the club was, apparently, well run, with the backing of a steel magnate who, at the time, was a pillar of the establishment.

Ok,let's go with comparing apples & oranges...,,

Let's take this on - the steel magnate always reckoned that our 'budget' didn't factor in any European success, or otherwise.

Which was proved to be a blatant lie, hence the financial restructurings & cost cuttings of the early 2000's.

So, in fact, ALL the early Euro exits you've listed DID actually put the club in jeopardy.

Many a true word spoken in jest, eh?

I think I've worked it out - early Euro exits.

Ok, at a time when the club was, apparently, well run, with the backing of a steel magnate who, at the time, was a pillar of the establishment.

Ok,let's go with comparing apples & oranges...,,

As compared to being run with a fraudster, I don't see any reason that we should consider giving Whyte the benefit of the doubt because he was never given the opportunity to not break the law with CL money.

I have read Ally being blamed for many things, some of which are true, some debateable and some that I find very challenging, this is one of those that is just a bridge far too far.

This is fucking stupid.

Whyte possibly could have prevented administration using Champions League money had we not been knocked out. However, that doesn't make administration McCoist's fault, it wasn't his job to balance to books.

Anyway, this argument only makes sense if the Champions League money is paid instantly, which I'm fairly sure it isn't.

As compared to being run with a fraudster, I don't see any reason that we should consider giving Whyte the benefit of the doubt because he was never given the opportunity to not break the law with CL money.

I have read Ally being blamed for many things, some of which are true, some debateable and some that I find very challenging, this is one of those that is just a bridge far too far.

Isn't this the sort of thing you legal people thrive on?

Burden of proof, et al?

I, too, believe Whyte is a wrong'un, by the way.

This is fucking stupid.

Whyte possibly could have prevented administration using Champions League money had we not been knocked out. However, that doesn't make administration McCoist's fault, it wasn't his job to balance to books.

Anyway, this argument only makes sense if the Champions League money is paid instantly, which I'm fairly sure it isn't.

Once CL qualification was cemented, someone, somewhere, would have given an advance against the earnings.

This is fucking stupid.

No but knowing you'll get it allows you to budget accordingly I'd think

I disagree. Craig Whyte was a speculator. He bought Rangers for £1. got the money from Ticketus to pay off the bank, and all he wanted was a positive result from the EBT's to sell on for a massive profit. The lack of european football left no working capital to pay the PAYE and admin was the result. The mismanagement of Ally McCoist played a major part, he was a great player but to see him as some kind of saviour figure is wrong wrong wrong.

Spot on bud, craig whye did what businessmen do everywhere, but he needed ally to get through and ally blew it. if we beat maribir no admin

And then he was allowed to blow it over and over and over again, and backed up by some all the way and leave everyone else to clear up his mess while he rakes it in