After Today's Game Who Do We Keep For Next Season ?

tannerall

Lets wait and see how the season pans out.

We have had a couple of false starts this season, although it does look more positive.

The guys still have a lot to prove and a lot to play for.

I was delighted with the way we played today, but I think this thread is a little premature. If the players keep playing like today until the end of the season then some who most of us thought had no future, might manage a new contract. Time will tell.

One good performance and result won't turn the tide. The way the squad have let themselves go is a disgrace. McCall appears to be doing things right but until the season is over we won't know who deserves another chance.

There are some that I clearly wouldn't keep on. Mcculloch, black, Boyd, Miller, mohsni, Daly, foster, smith, Simonsen, Robinson. ill reserve my judgement for a while since my judgement was off today after my knee jerk reaction to mccalls selection that I was sure would see us beaten.

I'd still be keeping the same players regardless of the result yesterday.

Bell

Mcgregor

Zal

Mohsni (undecided)

Wallace

Walsh

Murdoch

Shiels

Law

Clark

Templeton

Mckay

Gallagher

A few of the younger lads like Sinnomen, Halkett etc too, if we can add to that pool of players I think we'd have a great chance of building a decent team.

Expect this will change in most posters opinions on a game to game basis.

I'd like to think I was being consistent with these.

Bell

McGregor

Wallace

Law

Murdoch

Black

Calum Gallagher

Templeton

Vuckic

Streete (seen enough already to know he has potential)

Will decide on Zaliukas, Mohsni at end of season, and expect Shiels to stake a claim for next season.

Think Bigirimana has potentiial but need to see him play.

Clark, no, seems too much of an instinct player and is too inconsistent.

Robinson, no, not that bad, but is at best a second choice, probably third for us if he stays.

Hutton, Crawford too average.

(Edit: Tom Walsh too (tu) )

The only person that is looking like worthy of being kept is the manager, as he is the one that has got this bunch of unprofessional dross playing.

After that, I'd leave it to him to decide but not many would make it on my list.

As the old proverb goes: one swallow does not make a summer. As good as we were yesterday, Hibs were poor (due to our making).

I would still release all of the out of contract wage thieves. Promote many of the promising youngsters and bring in good young players on a realistic wage structure. What was allowed to happen under Green/McCoist must never happen again.

Let's see how McCall does over the next 6 games against Cowdenbeath (H), Hearts (H), QOTS (A), Raith (H), Dumbarton (A) & Falkirk (H) before passing judgement.

What the Board needs to appoint is a Director Of Football before the summer transfer window opens. I would love Wattie to fill that role but maybe someone younger would be a better appointment.

I wouldn't keep anyone who is out of contract, the players we signed were signed for a specific reason, mainly because we couldn't afford nor attract bettwr atandard of players to the 4th and 3rd teir, they've had their day, not one has done enough to merit a shot at being in a real Rangers team, they came, they saw, they got rich and now they can leave, np bad feeling or ill will, time to move on

Bell

Wallace

Walsh

Murdoch

Law

Clark

They would be exempt, I'd then like to see us build a squad/First XI team around them