Rangers Youth Biggest Miss

When Souness came , he built his midfield around Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant , both about 21 at the time and they were terrific. Thought they'd be our midfield for 5+ years , at least .

Sadly DF fell out with Souness and it wasn't to be , but I rated Derek higher than his brother , Barry , and wonder what might have been.

I have heard rumors that Sinclair turned down Romelu Lukaku when he was 14 or 15. I don't know if there was any truth to it or not though.

No way that is true.

Particularly if you factor in the size of him and that he was playing first team football at Anderlecht around 16.

Sinclair was known for preferring size over skill so if it was true Lukaku would have been signed by us

Charlie Miller hahaa jokes . Fleck was meant be next big thing in Scotland . I dunno was that media going overtop or his attuide . I mind he told McCoist ot fuck of once .also ness looked good .he to injured prone . I think him and fleck could big players for us if they never walked in 2012.

Charlie Miller hahaa jokes . Fleck was meant be next big thing in Scotland . I dunno was that media going overtop or his attuide . I mind he told McCoist ot fuck of once .also ness looked good .he to injured prone . I think him and fleck could big players for us if they never walked in 2012.

I know it's not what the OP asked , but often wonder how things would have panned out had Ness and McCabe not jumped , and we'd built our midfield around them back in Div 3 .

I think they were both naturally exciting and forward thinking players and would now be coming close to their peak.

Bar Gatusso there is nobody that left at a young age and went on to be an exceptional player.

Not sure if you'd include arteta in that bracket? He was 22 when he left us, hasn't been world class but certainly the closest you'll get to gattusos success after leaving us.