Cricket

England are fucking brutal....no fucking discipline.....to lose a wicket with the last over before lunch was bad enough but to follow it up by doing the same at tea is just criminal 

As per, Hameed out for zero....crawley not much better than Burns before Root puts up a bit of resistance to then fall cheaply as did Stokes.....so fucking predictable 128/6..... they will be lucky to get to 170 at this rate:ang:

I don’t think Roots captain material and Silverwood shouldn’t be head coach. 

Does that excuse the shambolic batting of the rest of the side, no. But Roots field placings are a mess at times and Silverwood clearly has no idea how to coach a side to bat time. 

11 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Best thing the England coaching staff could do is fake a Covid 19 outbreak and quarantine for the next week or 10 days then fly the fuck home. 

Embarrassing 😳 

Seems they are possibly going to go down the Covid escape route...

People will, not unfairly, criticise England for the position they’ve found themselves in.

But it should be acknowledged, that’s maybe the best ‘tricky hour’ I’ve ever seen. Absolutely superb bowling. No idea how Cummings went wicketless :lol: 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

People will, not unfairly, criticise England for the position they’ve found themselves in.

But it should be acknowledged, that’s maybe the best ‘tricky hour’ I’ve ever seen. Absolutely superb bowling. No idea how Cummings went wicketless :lol: 

Not sure how you are supposed to defend against some of those balls....it was absolutely relentless....don't get me wrong the openers looked terrified so no suprise they are gone again 

Despite the English bowlers doing a good job, and limiting the Aussies to what you'd say was a pretty sub par score......... England are still at real risk of losing this match by an innings and only on Day 3.

Just shows how bad day 1 was.

Burns, Hameed and Crawley are walking wickets against any decent opening attack.

31 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

the man is unbelievable. Who is in the wings to replace him..?

Tbf I've been more impressed by wood than Robinson, I've lost count of big ollies no balls:lol: and Jofra is too injury prone....so in truth nobody is even remotely close....like I said earlier Teffers....Anderson In 3 spells took 2 wickets for just 3 runs with 7 or 8 maidens.....it was a ridiculous spell of bowling 

As a side note, Australia have ludicrous depth in seamers.

Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Neser, Richardson… Scott Boland only got into the Test side because of his record in Melbourne (and Haze’s injury) and he took 6-7 this morning! 

Even excluding all of those, I reckon the likes of Steketee probably makes the England team, at least in Australian conditions. Very concerning for England that I can say that when seam bowling is probably England’s strength vs the rest of the team…

26 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

How good is Anderson btw? He’s an absolutely ridiculous talent.

Superb but unfortunately at 39 you would imagine there won't be much more desire to continue....and as it's been pointed out there doesn't seem to be a natural successor to Jimmy, with Broad surely heading in the same direction their is a massive gap for reliable test wicket takers in this English squad

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

As a side note, Australia have ludicrous depth in seamers.

Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Neser, Richardson… Scott Boland only got into the Test side because of his record in Melbourne (and Haze’s injury) and he took 6-7 this morning! 

Even excluding all of those, I reckon the likes of Steketee probably makes the England team, at least in Australian conditions. Very concerning for England that I can say that when seam bowling is probably England’s strength vs the rest of the team…

Why has Borland never featured at MCG before this. He’s 32 and played for 10 years or so. Strange as he looks very good 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Why has Borland never featured at MCG before this. He’s 32 and played for 10 years or so. Strange as he looks very good 

Probably a combination of a few things. In previous years he’s had a habit of the occasional bang-average year (averaging around 30 with the ball) which have probably all come at the worst possible time. 

Combine that with his middling performances in T20/ODI for Australia and their ludicrous stock of test bowlers - remember it was only recently Pattinson packed it in as well - and I can see how it happened. Certainly unfortunate that it has taken so long.

If Starc’s feeling leggy I could see an argument for retaining him even if Hazlewood is fit.