Cricket

Collapse was ridiculous and looks to have cost us this test match - going to have to bat for a day to save the game and that is not happening on this wicket on day 5 IMO

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Collapse was ridiculous and looks to have cost us this test match - going to have to bat for a day to save the game and that is not happening on this wicket on day 5 IMO

England playing piss poor again. Relying on Jack Leach to score the most runs today. 

Think the most frustrating part of England’s collapse yesterday was how inevitable this was. 

These pitches always die down a bit on Day 2. I thought Foakes got a good delivery but for most of the rest of them it’s just supposedly top class batsmen who don’t know how to play in anything but helpful conditions.

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Think the most frustrating part of England’s collapse yesterday was how inevitable this was. 

These pitches always die down a bit on Day 2. I thought Foakes got a good delivery but for most of the rest of them it’s just supposedly top class batsmen who don’t know how to play in anything but helpful conditions.

Bowlers are making inroads today mind you. But agree with your post entirely. 

23 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Every time this test match looks to be heading somewhere it heads somewhere else entirely :lol: 

Alex Lees is 11 not out from 63 balls at tea, with Jonny Bairstow unbeaten on three.

Extras - with 12 - is currently England's top scorer in their second innings.

Shambles :pierre:

On 30/03/2022 at 01:10, psb07158 said:

Can we send cricket away from Pakistan again, put up better performances in the UAE ffs

The ODI performances are decent. Have the convicts at 59/4 right now. 

And they chased down a huge total the other day. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Pakistani boys on the county scene this season have all been pretty class so far

Hassan Ali has been excellent for Lancashire, Shan Masood has had a few big innings, Shaheen Afridi took Labuschagne on debut etc

STEPHEN FRY HAS BEEN NAMED AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF MCC, WITH THE APPOINTMENT HAVING BEEN ANNOUNCED AT TODAY’S ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.

His nomination was announced by current President Clare Connor at Lord’s and Fry will take up the post on 1 October 2022.

Fry is a lifelong cricket supporter, a patron of the MCC Foundation, and delivered the MCC Cowdrey Lecture last year.

"TO BE GIFTED THE OPPORTUNITY TO PERFORM THIS ROLE IS TRULY HUMBLING"

He said of his appointment: “I am honoured and proud to be nominated as the next President of MCC. It is a Club that is known throughout the world for what it represents in the game and to be gifted the opportunity to perform this role is truly humbling.

“I thank Clare for this incredible opportunity and I look forward to supporting her as President Designate over the summer before commencing my own innings in the autumn.” :thumbup:

JL408525.jpeg

On 04/05/2022 at 17:07, TEFTONG said:

STEPHEN FRY HAS BEEN NAMED AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF MCC, WITH THE APPOINTMENT HAVING BEEN ANNOUNCED AT TODAY’S ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.

His nomination was announced by current President Clare Connor at Lord’s and Fry will take up the post on 1 October 2022.

Fry is a lifelong cricket supporter, a patron of the MCC Foundation, and delivered the MCC Cowdrey Lecture last year.

"TO BE GIFTED THE OPPORTUNITY TO PERFORM THIS ROLE IS TRULY HUMBLING"

He said of his appointment: “I am honoured and proud to be nominated as the next President of MCC. It is a Club that is known throughout the world for what it represents in the game and to be gifted the opportunity to perform this role is truly humbling.

“I thank Clare for this incredible opportunity and I look forward to supporting her as President Designate over the summer before commencing my own innings in the autumn.” :thumbup:

JL408525.jpeg

Wow he has really aged a lot since I last saw him although tbf he must be getting on. Good luck to him

• 3 weeks later...