Cricket

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

He also had a shy at the stumps today which was wild. Ended up being a 5 for the Aussies.

His face was like someone who didn't give a single fuck. 

Mate you are more clued up on the cricket than myself, surely their are other options out there, I know he isn't an opener and is more suited to odi but what has happened to Bairstow?

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Mate you are more clued up on the cricket than myself, surely their are other options out there, I know he isn't an opener and is more suited to odi but what has happened to Bairstow?

I am probably biased but James Vince would be in the squad. I like Johnny Bairstow but sometimes I think his face doesn't fit. 

Bumble said this pre Ashes and I would agree with him as he is more knowledgeable than me on Cricket 🏏  and his predicted frailty of Burns and Hameed has been proven correct. Mind you Crawley was rotten v India in the summer. 

For me, it [England’s top three] should have been Bell-Drummond, Crawley and Dawid Malan. Why would I leave out Burns and Hameed? Because you need conventional players,’ 

Burns’s technique is anything but, and Hameed has a first-class average of 32 and a strike-rate of 38 — he allows the game to meander.’

‘You can’t afford to be 210 for four when the second new ball arrives: that means 250 for six, and 290 all out. Hameed’s good tour of India was ages ago.’...Bumble 

England aren’t blessed with options to be honest.

I’d have been inclined to at least bring Jake Libby as the ‘form’ batsmen in English red ball.

Who else… Alex Davies maybe?

Also - Ben Foakes should never be playing second fiddle to Jos Buttler. It’s a crime that guy only has 8 test matches under his belt because he’s fucking brilliant.

It's like watching a rerun of a bad movie....Malan & Root again put up some decent resistance up until tea....after tea the Aussies take they two out reasonably quick....middle order batting collapse leaving Stokes & Woakes as the only hope....all out for 236:headwall:

Can't believe the Aussies are going back into bat mind you

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

It's like watching a rerun of a bad movie....Malan & Root again put up some decent resistance up until tea....after tea the Aussies take they two out reasonably quick....middle order batting collapse leaving Stokes & Woakes as the only hope....all out for 236:headwall:

Can't believe the Aussies are going back into bat mind you

I thought that was a bit mad, they must be thinking they can put another 200 or so on and then skittle England in a day. 

England displaying some classic English overthinking here.

Australia 14-3 from the first fourteen overs this morning. England then inexplicably dropped their length, presumably an analyst identifying a way of getting Travis Head out, and in the 13 overs since Australia are 75-0.

On 19/12/2021 at 06:32, Creampuff said:

England displaying some classic English overthinking here.

Australia 14-3 from the first fourteen overs this morning. England then inexplicably dropped their length, presumably an analyst identifying a way of getting Travis Head out, and in the 13 overs since Australia are 75-0.

This has been very frustrating for me also. 

Watching Smith strolling around being a smug captain has been another annoyance. 

The fact Ollie Robinson was bowling a spell as an off spinner sort of highlights the selection issues.

Those 2 defeats England have never even looked remotely in it. I don't even think the Aussies have hit their stride yet. The fact they can lose Hazlewood and Cummins, and still effectively deal England an innings defeat shows the gulf.

Burns and Hameed are gash. Crawley and Sibley aren't an improvement on whats there. Pope needs to learn patience. Malan has looked decent on his return.

Weather stays good, a 5-0 is looking likely. England just are not a good enough side to get near a top team away from home.

Bairstow for Pope is uncontroversial. 

Burns had to go, but Crawley isn’t the answer.

Leach is coming back in now having been unceremoniously dropped for the Second Test having been mishandled in the First. 

Wood for Broad is fine.

England have the wrong touring party. He isn’t the answer either but I’d have brought Vince in before Crawley. Bairstow will struggle against Australian quicks on those pitches.