Cricket

15 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Watching this inquiry about Yorkshire and the racists is pretty hard 

I’ve no idea what punishment they should get but it should be severe. 

It's unbelievably disheartening mate and I know that many of the boys from the community who play the sport are feeling the same way

I think Majid Haq and Qasim Sheikh are already calling for an inquiry up here, tbh a few years ago I remember Haq making claims of being treated unfairly / claimed race was involved but nobody really took it seriously. Maybe he was right after all

It is good to see most people coming out and demanding change on this 

i'd add also that stuff coming out from guys like Vaughan and Bumble is depressing AF 

Literally 2 of my favourite cricket pundits alongside Mike Atherton + Nasser Hussain

I saw this morning Ebony Rainford-Brent got a sickening letter from a racist, telling her she's primitive and to go back to her country because it's a "white cricket culture" 

This is a lady who captained Surrey. She was part of England world cup winning teams, Ashes winning teams and she is getting this nonsense. I mean, are we part of the country or not? 

Heartbreaking for Rafiq, but fair play to him for getting this onto the stage it deserves to be. 

I find it astonishing (as somewhat of an outsider) that this culture exists in Cricket, I thought it would be the one sport that it didn't. I say that because I thought the Asian culture was woven through, not just British cricket, but the World's. 

Very naive of me. 

The stuff about Ballance and Hales is sickening. 

51 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Heartbreaking for Rafiq, but fair play to him for getting this onto the stage it deserves to be. 

I find it astonishing (as somewhat of an outsider) that this culture exists in Cricket, I thought it would be the one sport that it didn't. I say that because I thought the Asian culture was woven through, not just British cricket, but the World's. 

Very naive of me. 

I’m not as shocked as I should be by some of it. Cricket is by enlarge still an elite sport played by folk from wealthier families in England 

look at the squad seemingly very high percentage are privately educated and sadly that gives some, not all, a better than others outlook. 
Leeds is a cracking venue to watch cricket and it’s a shame the venue gets punished for the racists that run the CC from there. 

22 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Very naive of me. 

They seem to think that this culture is actually worse in cricket than in football, which is why a lot of Asians etc don't follow what was called the Tebbit test

On 18/11/2021 at 12:55, kplfishtank said:

I’m not as shocked as I should be by some of it. Cricket is by enlarge still an elite sport played by folk from wealthier families in England 

look at the squad seemingly very high percentage are privately educated and sadly that gives some, not all, a better than others outlook. 
Leeds is a cracking venue to watch cricket and it’s a shame the venue gets punished for the racists that run the CC from there. 

Loads coming out about the poor innocent Raffiq, poor little innocent my arse. text underage girls, anti semitic posts, bevvying then walks away with 200k. It was only for the money. Pay of a drug debt?

• 2 weeks later...

My brother bought me the new Cricket 22 on the PS4 and I will play it out as best I can. 

Mind you it took 40 minutes for an update to download. Think that was them removing Paine and adding in the new convict captain. 

The career section is pretty interesting having to do training as well as nets. 

It will keep me occupied on my days off. 

On 24/11/2021 at 06:32, kplfishtank said:

Ashes series coming up on 7th December 

Cant see anything other than an easy win for the convicts. No matter I’m gutted not to be there, first one I’ve missed since 2006/7 series. Fuck covid and the restrictions 

I think England having Stokes back will make it a close series 

Can’t believe they’re voluntarily playing neither Broad nor Anderson.

That’s a huge call. But then again I’m not sure who I’d leave out. You always want a spinner at Brisbane, Wood is the only legitimate fast bowler, Robinson has to play all five (basically because he’s tall), and Woakes gives you swing (and a very handy lower order batsman).

How is the weather looking for the next 4 days because that's the only thing that can stop England getting a right pumping straight off the bat. 

Root out for nought shows how fragile mentally they are.

My heart ruled my head and came back down with a bang when I watched that 1st hour last night.

tumblr_0552a0ee0ce13a393f194391b75ea902_653ceef2_500.gif