Hopefully Sunday Is Mccalls Last Game

UnionMen

Can't disagree with anything the OPs said.

Nicky Clark is just not good enough, no quality and his first touch is a tackle. Nicky Law offers nothing. Ricky Foster done well in getting to the byeline but done what with it? Zero. He gave the ball away 2mins into the 2nd half and effectively killed the game.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i prefer to judge the players at the game. The game always looks different on tv.

I've not seen the game on TV yet, but i remember that it was Foster who sold us short for the 3rd from watching at the game, i'm not sure what your angle s here. Are you deny he cost us the 3rd goal or just refusing to watch the replay cause you know i'm right?

If i can be bothered rewatching the full 90 I could compile a fucking dossier on Ricky Foster fucking things up. He has no tactical awareness, no crossing ability, can't beat a man, and he can't fuckin pass. Probably the very worst i've ever seen in a gers top.

I've not seen the game on TV yet, but i remember that it was Foster who sold us short for the 3rd from watching at the game, i'm not sure what your angle s here. Are you deny he cost us the 3rd goal or just refusing to watch the replay cause you know i'm right?

If i can be bothered rewatching the full 90 I could compile a fucking dossier on Ricky Foster fucking things up. He has no tactical awareness, no crossing ability, can't beat a man, and he can't fuckin pass. Probably the very worst i've ever seen in a gers top.

My point is being at the game i know overall all foster had a good game. why would i have an angle.

As another poster has already mentioned, if you single a player out you're going to find mistakes. Nobody was flawless last night but you're quite clearly just picking a scapegoat here.

And had they not missed an open goal it would have been 4.

We were the better side for about 20 mins all in, means fuck all when you get rode.

I get that and as well you know early goal for us Sunday and its game on. He's dine a decent job, mifht not be the answer long term but ffs he is the best option we've got this far.

I love McCall i think he has done a terrific job to even have me believing that we could go up this year.

On the other hand though i'd like to see a manager come in with no attachment to these players. Then let him build a squad on merit so those that are good enough to stay do so and those that are not go.

Difference in the game was the two Keepers theirs can makes saves our just pick balls out the net. Both out field players where shocking on both sides to say they raised their game is bs I would say the team McCall put out should have been more than capabl;e of beating that side last night. The full team let us fans and McCall down last night and this shower owe the fans and McCall a performance on sunday.

It must be. God help us if KingCo think he is the man to take us forward. McCoist would have won that match last night. His record against SPL opposition was outstanding. We beat a weaker Motherwell side with out 4th division 2 a few years back. McCall is completely out of his depth actually makes Ally look like a genuine football manager.

are you serious? Surely your not?? Don't get me wrong I'm still on the fence when it comes to McCall but to say he makes mccoist look like a genuine manager, deary me!!

Could argue all day,but the simple fact of the matter is the manager got it wrong,he was outfoxed by a team that played way above themselves to be fair.

We do not have enough belief in our side and played into their hands.

The game was crying out for REAL wide men to stretch and torment a weak Motherwell defence.

Foster and Wallace are like rabbits caught in the headlights when venturing over the half way line.

They are not solely to blame as Shiels and the forever hiding Law were brutal.

Clark will run about all day long but then so would i.

To be fair its harder playing at home as we do not have the know how to break a blanket defence down.

Unfortnately Motherwell will play much the same at home.

Could argue all day,but the simple fact of the matter is the manager got it wrong,he was outfoxed by a team that played way above themselves to be fair.

We do not have enough belief in our side and played into their hands.

The game was crying out for REAL wide men to stretch and torment a weak Motherwell defence.

Foster and Wallace are like rabbits caught in the headlights when venturing over the half way line.

They are not solely to blame as Shiels and the forever hiding Law were brutal.

Clark will run about all day long but then so would i.

To be fair its harder playing at home as we do not have the know how to break a blanket defence down.

Unfortnately Motherwell will play much the same at home.

They counter attacked us all night our build up play was so slow it allowed them to get behind the ball it was easy for them last night.

are you serious? Surely your not?? Don't get me wrong I'm still on the fence when it comes to McCall but to say he makes mccoist look like a genuine manager, deary me!!

He's at it mate, it's nothing to do with the manager but he likes to get a king dig in somewhere as always

Can we not just agree the full team are pish and the Manager is average.

Fucking dogshit team. I was baffled all week at cunts on here giving it the "we will smash the cunts 4-0".... dunno if it was just pre-match bravado, hope or genuine expectation. I fucking knew motherwell would at least score, and absolutely didnt think we would come out having trounced them.

They were fitter, faster, first to every ball, sharper all over the pitch, and it was fucking Motherwell. We looked burst, and shite. We are in no way prepared to go up, and if we do (we wont) we will be getting thumped like that on a regular fucking basis.

Stuart McCall took on a thankless task. Not many would have taken the job on on with the baggage that came with it, or with the situation we where in, nor for such a short time scale. He is having to work with a squad of players, many of whom know that they have no future with the Club. My view is that he has done wonders to get us through the QofS and Hibs play off ties. I hope we do succeed in the return leg.

I also hope it is Stuart McCalls last game in charge of Rangers. I hope he gets a job with a Club that recognises his many positives and adequately resources him. I am very grateful to him for returning some Pride and Energy to a season in which for a large part of which- there was none on display.

Just fuck off. Aye last night was poor but we were the better side for long periods of the fans, had Laws effort gone in it would have been a different game. McCall has got more out of this side than most on here would have thought possible so to blame him for that last night is fucking shocking. All 3 goals could have been and should have been avoided but to bland McCall is a fucking joke.

But laws didn't go in and we got our arses handed to us 3-1 at home

Aye sack him then let's get another manager for a few months then sack him and all fuck it

Honestly we can't just moan about every manager every time. We need money for some decent players for a start or u can have what ever managed u like it won't change anything

Fucking dogshit team. I was baffled all week at cunts on here giving it the "we will smash the cunts 4-0".... dunno if it was just pre-match bravado, hope or genuine expectation. I fucking knew motherwell would at least score, and absolutely didnt think we would come out having trounced them.

They were fitter, faster, first to every ball, sharper all over the pitch, and it was fucking Motherwell. We looked burst, and shite. We are in no way prepared to go up, and if we do (we wont) we will be getting thumped like that on a regular fucking basis.

Had Laws effort gone in it would never have been that score line. Aye ok it didn't and we are up against it on Sunday but we will do enough of that I have no doubt

Is it so much to ask for a manager with at very least, a bit of common sense!?

So much of what went wrong last night falls on the manager for basic errors in both team selection & tactics.

I made a thread after the Hibs game at Ibrox about how poor I thought we were even despite the 2-0 win. We start Clark, most of our play consists of short passing until we find space for a cross... only to watch a shite ball float over Nicky Clark's head. In the 2nd half we sit back, replace Clark with Boyd, then expect Boyd instead of Clark to run the channels out wide in an attempt to get us out the half. As you were last night.

Where do I start with last night? * (I've not seen anything on TV so going with my thoughts from inside the ground).

Tactics:

Well the most glaring aspect of last night's game was easily we were shredded to bits on the counter attack. Unbelievably 2 mins after coming out for Half-Time when you think the boys would have been given the hiardryer treatment regarding who open we were at the back, and we concede a 3rd, from the counter attack.

From what I remember, Ricky Foster has pushed up on the right wing and looks to come inside, Nicky Law ran over close to him on the right byline (why?, awful positioning), Ricky Foster can't pass the ball 10 yards cause he's the shitest player I've ever seen, his pass to Murdoch falls short. Dean Shiels is standing behind Murdoch in no-mans land, taking himself out the game. The break is on, Dean Shiels try's to pull his man down cause he knows he isn't getting back, and we're left 3 vs our 2 CB's....

From what I could see we were essentally 4-3-3 given how high Miller and Vuckic play when he get up there, leaving a midfield 3 of Shiels, Law & Murdoch. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Shiels, I think he has that piece of craft in the hole behind the strikers, but he's not as good as Vuckic, and playing Shiels deeper, well last night he was simply awful and offered no protection to the back 2, didn't have the muscle to grit it out and doesn't have the pace to recover. Law comes wide, Murdoch is just breaking into the team.... I can't stand Ian Black but surely he would have been a better option than Shiels when you have Vuckic playing the role Shiels is cut out for?

It's simply woeful, woeful stuff both from our players but also people not knowing thei jobs. A solid CDM yesterday manning the hole in front of our 2 centre-backs at all times and we could have gotten our wings backs forward without being so horribly exposed, but McCall failed to recognise this. I give him leeway due to the shite he inherited but surely he could have found someone to do 1 of the most important roles in the team. Instead, our usual approach of pass in a horseshoe til we find a cross left us horribly exposed in 2 v 2 and even 3 v 2 MWell counters.

Team Selection:

Say what you want about Boyd, I've been a long time supporter of his. Goalscorers don't just lose the knack for it, it comes naturally. Everyone has barron spells. Starting Clark ahead of the all time top scorer in this countries top league is an insult. I'm not going to use Clark as a scapegoat here, our style of play clearly doesn't suit him (and even if it did, he's clearly not good enough). Clark is a poor man's David Healy, which is saying something, but at this level against teams that come forward he's nippy enough to run channels and maybe get himself through on goal. But we're Rangers, teams like Motherwell (never mind teams from our own league) come to Ibrox and they sit in.

Our ratio of crosses to goals/clear changes ratio must be about 1 in 50. Have you ever seen a team put in so many crosses that come to nothing? Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I can understand us trying to get to the byline and squaring up to Clark, like the Hibs goal at Ibrox, but time and time again we float balls in from deep. Even in the offchance Clark could ever win 1 of these balls wtf does McCall expect him to do with it?

We can't pass the ball in to feet either with Clark, he's weak and has a first touch of a donkey.

You ask any defender in this country who they would rather defend against, Boyd or Clark, to a man they will tell you Clark. When Boyd came on he won nearly every flick-on that comes to him, he wins us possession high-up the pitch. If it's a ball into feet he stick his big fat arse into defenders and he holds the ball. When the ball goes out wide he finds space and at least gives the crosser a target zone. He pulls defenders out of position and makes space for, well, if anyone who might have the smarts to find space in the box. Shortly before our goal, Ricky Foster floated in 1 of his big shite moon-balls hung up at the back post, Boyd forced a wonder save when he won the header. The kind of cross Nicky Clark spends a game wondering "wtf am I meant to do with that?).

Unless we specifically plan to sit in and play on the break, there's no way Clark should ever be in the team ahead of Boyd.

Wide men: We rely so heavily on Wallace and Foster putting balls in for us, not only is it so fuckin obvious but leaves us really thin at the back. Particularly with Law playing like he has a free role to come short and help the wing backs work it into a crossing position leaving huge gaps in the middle of the field.

Why didn't Shane Ferguson start? We spent the game getting Wallace forward crossing hopeless balls into Clark and finished the game with Shane Ferguson, a premiership player who was visibly a class apart from every player on the pitch (bar Vuckic), crossing balls in to a clear target (Boyd) and suddenly we looked dangerous, like a goal might come. After spending the whole game exposing ourselves with Wallace and that clown Foster pushed right up to the byline only to float a ball into Clark.

I understand Shane Ferguson might not be 100% fit but given the class of the player he should have been started along with Boyd to see what he could do in 60 minutes. From what I seen from the boy when he came on we probably had our best player sitting on the bench in our biggest game in years.

Special Mentions:

Nicky Law & Ricky Foster, you are an inspiration, to any young kid, hat if you 2 can win Rangers contracts and play in front of 50 thousand people, anyone can really achieve anything.

McCall:

Even if McCall does turn it around in the 2nd leg, we really need something fresh. Please, no more fucking "rangers men". And hopefully a manager who uses a bit of common fuckin sense, a clear game plan and appropriate personnel to suit the tactics.

Agree with all of this. It is bad management that could cost us this season

Aye sack him then let's get another manager for a few months then sack him and all fuck it

Honestly we can't just moan about every manager every time. We need money for some decent players for a start or u can have what ever managed u like it won't change anything

But what if each manager is a poor appointment? Should we just support them blindly regardless of everything pointing us the other way? We have seen 3 absolutely disastrous managerial appointments one after the other. There was nothing to suggest any of the 3 of tem should have been given the jobs in the first place. These were poor decisions from the very top. Not the fans fault, not even the managers fault. It's people above them making dreadful decisions. The scary thing here is it was 3 different owners and boards who made 3 equally as poor decisions. Fans shouldn't have to put up with poor or in this case wrong decisions by football boards. Their voice must be heard.