Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

I thought he had retired last week?

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/446107/Dick-Advocaat-Sunderland

The Dutchman had vowed to retire from football after keeping the Black Cats up.

But according to The Sun, Advocaat has now said he will carry on.

It's claimed the 67-year-old has agreed a one-year deal.

Advocaat had said his wife would divorce him even if stayed at the Stadium of Light.

When asked if he could see himself carrying on, he said: “No, no, no I’ll get a divorce.

“This is my last job. I have had a great career and won a lot of prizes and am really enjoying what I am doing now."

But Advocaat then appeared to give Sunderland a lifeline when he hinted he might stay if the club bought him six new players.

He said: "I have my own personal situation to consider but besides that, it is also very important to know what the club wants.

"This squad needs five or six good players. It doesn't need quantity, it needs quality. That is the only way to change things."

PLG wasn't given a chance though was he? I'm fed up with PLG being the standard bearer of what a failed manager is simply because he only got 30 games in charge before wee Barry decided he didn't like the diet he got put on.

I have a lot if sympathy for this point of view. True radical shake ups are rarely popular. Always look at who loses power

He's supposedly done a u-turn, probably offered a shitload of money

Really i always thought he was a cert to retire. He seems to be a good fit at Sunderland but at 67 how long can they get out of him.

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/446107/Dick-Advocaat-Sunderland

The Dutchman had vowed to retire from football after keeping the Black Cats up.

But according to The Sun, Advocaat has now said he will carry on.

It's claimed the 67-year-old has agreed a one-year deal.

Advocaat had said his wife would divorce him even if stayed at the Stadium of Light.

When asked if he could see himself carrying on, he said: “No, no, no I’ll get a divorce.

“This is my last job. I have had a great career and won a lot of prizes and am really enjoying what I am doing now."

But Advocaat then appeared to give Sunderland a lifeline when he hinted he might stay if the club bought him six new players.

He said: "I have my own personal situation to consider but besides that, it is also very important to know what the club wants.

"This squad needs five or six good players. It doesn't need quantity, it needs quality. That is the only way to change things."

A years deal. I can see why they want him but they're going to be in the same position next year looking for a new manager.

I don't see many other options for Warburton that wouldn't be a step back for him.

In terms of league the Scottish Championship is a step back from the English counterpart, but in terms of club, fan base and history it's a massive leap forward from Brentford.

Also the exposure that comes with the job, could pave his way to bigger and better things if he is successful here.

Different routes with transfer policys. In 2 seasons he nearly achieved 2 promotions in 2 very competitive leagues.

Yes and announcement by the club he would be leaving probably had a psychological effect on the players, if not costing them the playoff, then at least affecting the scoreline

Yes and announcement by the club he would be leaving probably had a psychological effect on the players, if not costing them the playoff, then at least affecting the scoreline

Martin Allen certainly agrees.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3105544/I-use-battered-old-van-recruit-players-Barnet-Brentford-promoted-Premier-League-d-delayed-Mark-Warburton-announcement.html