60Th Aniversary, Larkhall Purple Heroes Fb

Tonight is the 60th anniversary band parade of the finest blood and thunder Orange flute band on the mainland, the Larkhall Purple Heroes FB and although we all have our own favourites, this is mine.

Whilst no doubt the few will start bemoaning at what's this doing in BD, well they would deny the full heritage of our great football club wouldn't they?! Whether they like it or not, the rank and file have supported our great club since our humble beginnings and continue to do so in significantly large numbers and of course some our greatest anthems originate from this great culture of proud tradition.

This will be the biggest party in Scotland tonight and I must say some serious relief from our current woes both on and off the park, so if you have little else to do but sitting watching Corrie, put a real smile on your face for once in a long time, enjoy and join in the celebrations.

It all kicks off at 6.30 pm from High Avon Street, through the town centre to Birkenshaw Park. Returning from there at 7.30.

There will be around 30 bands taking part.

This will be a great celebration in honour of a truly great, well travelled and honourable flute band.

WATP!

I can't wait! Going to the music room for a few then heading to the tavern. Always get a better view of the bands there! I saw the purple heroes flags down the Main Street along with the Union flags! I can't wait it really brings the community together!

:uk:

A wee bit of a disappointment last night :(

As usual the bands were excellent but they were too close together. Apparently this was because the police wanted the event over and done with quickly! Well they got their wish.

This is an annual thing in larkhall and I hope to fck they're not trying to phase out this tradition.

Anyway all those going to Orangefest today have a good day and stay safe.

This has been a problem at all band parades this year,the police have been forcing bands closer and closer together and urging the marshals to move the bands further forward, would say it's been worse in North Lanarkshire areas.

Obviously an order from high up in the force, welcome to snp Scotland parades commission. No Surrender.

As usual the bands were excellent but they were too close together. Apparently this was because the police wanted the event over and done with quickly! Well they got their wish.

This is an annual thing in larkhall and I hope to fck they're not trying to phase out this tradition.

Had a great night! Could have listened for hours.

I doubt plod would try to prevent this event. Therewould be riots!

They can't get much sleep in Wishy with the Craigneuk True Defenders about. Awesome band and fucking loud!

BTW, got fucking soaked this morning . Weather was fucking horrendous. However no trouble from the mhanks.

Anyone know if any flute band has recorded a cd with an instrumental version of The Killers 'Human'? If you listen to it imagine that belting out in a parade would be in my opinion tremendous and worth doing as a fund raiser.

Whether they like it or not, the rank and file have supported our great club since our humble beginnings

Funny, I recall various articles from the papers of the time (1880's) that mention otherwise, with complaints from the fans and staff about trouble from local orange marches in Kinning Park to mentions of fans being from all over - including the East end of glasgow.

Rangers started as a football club with no religious or political ties, of which were not linked to the club until Harland and Wolf in the Govan dockyards in the 1920's, or maybe slightly earlier with John Ure Primrose if you lead yourself to believe that line of the story. Regardless, it was started with the intention to play football, for enjoyment, and with a winning, never say die mentality.

People can choose to believe what they want with regards to politics and religion, but I'm not keen on people spreading stories of us starting out as a Protestant club.

I recorded the parade and I see what you mean being too close together however not all bands done as they were told there was a few big gaps between around 10-12 bands lol

Funny, I recall various articles from the papers of the time (1880's) that mention otherwise, with complaints from the fans and staff about trouble from local orange marches in Kinning Park to mentions of fans being from all over - including the East end of glasgow.

Rangers started as a football club with no religious or political ties, of which were not linked to the club until Harland and Wolf in the Govan dockyards in the 1920's, or maybe slightly earlier with John Ure Primrose if you lead yourself to believe that line of the story. Regardless, it was started with the intention to play football, for enjoyment, and with a winning, never say die mentality.

People can choose to believe what they want with regards to politics and religion, but I'm not keen on people spreading stories of us starting out as a Protestant club.

I did NOT state that we started as a Protestant club, so please try an desist from being the agitator and revisionist.

I did state that many of our rank and file supported the club from its humble beginnings and still do. If I had said that many of our rank and file supported the scum, would that then make them a Protestant club as well? Get over over yourself FFS.

Whether you or any other likes it or not, our club's history is intertwined with Protestantism and Orangeism, or just correct me if I am wrong, what anthems do I hear ringing out week on week, by the vast majority? Oh right...

Now you can try and rewrite history all that you want if that's your thing, but do not try to rewrite and twist what I stated.

Maybe you would feel more comfortable over in the east end. They're all inclusive, right?!

Jinty, me and Amanda where there last year too and the done the same thing, also tried it with the big walk in Glasgow last year. These cunts will stop at nothing to have a dig at us

Jinty, me and Amanda where there last year too and the done the same thing, also tried it with the big walk in Glasgow last year. These cunts will stop at nothing to have a dig at us

I didn't notice last year. Just last night I felt you could hear the next band when the one in front were still playing!

I love the music and usually it lasts for over 45 minutes but last night it was less than half an hour :(

Don't get me wrong the bands, as always, were excellent!

I fkn hate the government for trying to phase out my Protestant heritage. We can't let it happen!

There was a parade in Bellshill today in memory of local man Billy Steele. 3 bands Newstevenson loyal, Bellshill Imperial and my band Greengairs Thistle. The police made us walk so close it was like 1 huge band. They told us if we held back once more we would be off the road. Happening to often these days.

I think I speak for every real Rangers fan when I say that this type of thing goes hand in hand with supporting Rangers.

Have you been taking .Williamson. lessons or something?