Warburton Linked To Fulham, But Has Had Talks With King!

pcbear

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave King has held talks with Stuart McCall over the position of Rangers first team manager next season.

STV understands the Ibrox chairman spoke to the coach this week in the club's search to find a long-term appointment.

At the meeting the two spoke about transfer targets for the coming summer transfer window as well as a number of off the field targets for the club.

McCall is part of a five-man shortlist for the position, which is believed to include Mark Warburton, Derek McInnes, Ian Cathro and Billy Davies.

At a press conference on Monday the South African businessman confirmed that McCall was still part of the shortlist, before dismissing any previous held talks with former Brentford manager Warburton.

STV reporting that King has held talks with Mccall now.

Could this be to do with wages... The Fulham story to make us pay him more, reports of king having talks with Mccall to maybe make him accept less? In saying that Im sure he'll have other offers. Thinnk in being too hopeful.

Dave King has held talks with Stuart McCall over the position of Rangers first team manager next season.

STV understands the Ibrox chairman spoke to the coach this week in the club's search to find a long-term appointment.

At the meeting the two spoke about transfer targets for the coming summer transfer window as well as a number of off the field targets for the club.

McCall is part of a five-man shortlist for the position, which is believed to include Mark Warburton, Derek McInnes, Ian Cathro and Billy Davies.

At a press conference on Monday the South African businessman confirmed that McCall was still part of the shortlist, before dismissing any previous held talks with former Brentford manager Warburton.

Fuck right off man. I cant take this shit..

If this happens it'll be a poor show indeed.

Stuart McCall stood up and was counted when we needed something different, and for that I won't put the guy down. However based on what happened during that short period of time I believe that Stuart isn't the man to take us forward.

You're probably right ODC...but it does seem to take an inordinate amount of time. The background discussions should all have taken place prior to Motherwell game. I would have preferred pro action, rather than re action.

I disagree. That would have been totally disrespectful to Stuart McCall and a distraction.

:lol::anguish::drugang::lol:

I expected King would speak to McCall out of courtesy if nothing else. Would be disappointed if he got the job over Warburton right enough.

Why would king have lined up Pereira to takeover had we won promotion if he truly believed McCall was the man for the job. It won't be McCall

Depends on the demands of the other tbh and if they want this job over one in England.

It could very well be McCall for all we know.

I disagree. That would have been totally disrespectful to Stuart McCall and a distraction.

Well SMcC knew that there were no guarantees about getting the job....I don't think its disrespectful to talk to potential candidates under those circumstances. McCall has been round the block often enough to know what goes on. At least we were up front and told him the state of play right from the start.

Also we wouldn't be scrambling about holding interviews knowing that only one or two people are genuine contenders.

JMHO

Or Rangers could be happy to have Warburtons name linked whilst trying to sell season tickets..

You just have to read the posts on here to know that wouldn't be a strategy that would work. I think it's more likely that Warburton has asked for wages which is way outwith the league we are operating in.

Hey ho though lets blame the board without any of the facts.

He doesn't deserve any more than about 350k per year tbh. I dont mind if with bonuses he could end up around the 500k mark but tbh he's done nothing to deserve that amount although he's done arguably more than ally did to get his salary

This may be the way Warburton feels too. We really didn't do ourselves any favours by paying AM over 700k per year.

You just have to read the posts on here to know that wouldn't be a strategy that would work. I think it's more likely that Warburton has asked for wages which is way outwith the league we are operating in.

Hey ho though lets blame the board without any of the facts.

Yet you want to blame Warburton without any facts doh