Letter From David King

(tu)

I try not to be partial, but King appears to be willing to do more than his opponents and recent predecessors in restoring our Club to its rightful place, so I think we have to back him.

Of course we have to back him,even if he is gilding the Lily with that letter, because quite frankly we have no alternate options other than these guys to take us forward in the near future (unless I've missed something).

We had fans on here creaming their pants when Ashley started playing around with our club,thinking he was going to pour multiple millions into Rangers that would take us back to winning the Premiership within 2 seasons, when common sense told you it was never going to happen for the benefit of Rangers,mainly due to the fact the SFPL/SFA were never going to allow him to do so in lieu of shares or influence in the running of the club.

So what were our options apart from D. King and his partners in stealth? None to be exact.

Dave King might be a shady cunt but he isn't stupid; He knows if he doesn't get the show on the road with a positive outcome, he will lose more than the 20 million quid he blew to Moonbeams because failure for us getting back to the top asap will be the catalyst for us sliding into a very deep hole that we might never get out of again; or at least in my lifetime.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the letter he mentions his father. Why does he feel the need, has he not told us before that his dad was a policeman who didn't like the football, resented it, and grudged taking him to a game. I can't remember what audience he was talking to that time, but, which was it?

I have just been sent this.

A quote from daily mail interview says his father resented football and was very anti football.

CHUVG5dWcAA189Z.jpg

My father wasn’t at all keen on me becoming a Rangers supporter. He was a Glasgow policeman and because of that he resented the whole football scene in Glasgow.

‘He was actually very anti-football. When we were kids growing up he was very vocal on his dislike of the bigotry in football. The police in Glasgow at that time saw it as a basis for thuggery.

‘He saw what it did from a crime and disorder point of view in Glasgow. And as a family we were taught to reject the whole bigotry aspect surrounding football. That has stayed with me through the years.

‘My father took me to that first game reluctantly, but I clearly remember seeing Ritchie, Shearer and Caldow in the classic Scot Symon team. It would have been 1965 or so and I was 10.

‘Thereafter there were so many players I admired. Greig, McKinnon, Ralph Brand, Jimmy Millar. But it was never about individuals. It was more about the club.

Should we burn or drown him for dragging his father to the football? How very dare he support our team. RAGING!!!!!!!

Can we safely assume his dad paid for them to get in?

Is there an article on his grandad too?

"I do not believe we should talk in exact numbers because we do not know precisely how much it will cost to rebuild and restore this wonderful Club."

Imagine someone wanting money to improve his business going to a bank or even the "Dragon's Den" and saying that, whilst wanting investment. At best they'd say "Go get your business plan with the exact numbers" rather than just shaking their heads incredulously

I sometimes wonder how gullible our owners and boards thinks the ordinary fan is.

CHUVG5dWcAA189Z.jpg

You're not suggesting that King is a glib & shameless liar are you??!!

You can't say that sort of thing on here, because his fandans are lapping up everything that proceeds from his mouth

Regardless of what we think of King the facts are there for all to see.

1: We have him and thats the way it will stay.

2: we still need to open our wallets if we want results.

You don't need to like either of those points but accepting them is the only way we will get ourselves back on top.

It's simple as that really.

Like when they were last in charge?

Sorry to burst your wee bubble, but it was never built as a youth academy.

It was built as a state of the art training facility for Rangers professional football players and has been used by many European teams visiting this country.

Argue all you want on that point, but that's the truth.

Sorry to burst your wee bubble, but it was never built as a youth academy.

It was built as a state of the art training facility for Rangers professional football players and has been used by many European teams visiting this country.

Argue all you want on that point, but that's the truth.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mainly built to develop youngsters and to offer premium training to the players as per any big club.

The only time Rangers players will now see Ibrox is on match days.

If the club has a future we must train our own players

David Murray

Rangers chairman

"It is not only significant for Rangers, but for Scottish football it was long overdue and needed," said Murray.

"It is something every Rangers supporter can be very proud of.

"Cricket grounds and muddy rugby pitches are not the places to put £50m or £60m worth of players."

Murray Park covers 38-acres and includes six full-size pitches, two half-size, an indoor pitch and training centre.

It is split into two halves: one area devoted to the first team squad and the other for youth development.

Medical equipment available to club doctor Gert Jan Goudsward is state-of-the-art, while a £50,000 video editing suite will see Dick Advocaat linked to a camera operator by walkie-talkie during each training session so footage can be shown in a lecture room afterwards.

It was never built as a youth academy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mainly built to develop youngsters and to offer premium training to the players as per any big club.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mainly built to offer premium training to the players and to develop youngsters as per any big club.

Just the truth.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was mainly built to offer premium training to the players and to develop youngsters as per any big club.

Just the truth.

So it was meant to be a youth academy. The only thing wrongly suggested would be that it was only ever meant to be a youth academy which we all know is not the case.

So it was meant to be a youth academy. The only thing wrongly suggested would be that it was only ever meant to be a youth academy which we all know is not the case.

So Rangers have a youth academy, not a training facility?

Taig media in full flow now.

What do other clubs have? No training facilities for their first team? All youth facilities? Purpose built youth facilities and none for the first team?

FFS sake, lots of people outing themselves tonight!

So Rangers have a youth academy, not a training facility?

Taig media in full flow now.

What do other clubs have? No training facilities for their first team? All youth facilities? Purpose built youth facilities and none for the first team?

FFS sake, lots of people outing themselves tonight!

We have both, I fail to see why you can't understand this?