Midfield Enforcer

To be fair it think that shows you just how many good players this country used to produce compared to today.

Alex McDonald's cap record is shocking,

this is a guy who played in and won a European final, won 2 trebles in 3 seasons and scored from midfield regularly in big games.

It was during a period when Scotland managers preferred to pick anglo Scots, doesn't necessarily mean they were any better.

That was the last OF game in the 9 in a row season, Di Canio didn't play for the bheggers when we won the league there. Although I'm sure you could argue that was the game that pretty much sealed 9 in a row.

Saw Fergie not too long ago, he still looked like he could do a turn. Never a drinker right enough.

Joey Barton for FFS people should stop believing tarriers and shit they hear on social media, even if Warbs wanted Barton his wages would be miles ahead of what we pay, wasn't the cunt on something like £80k per week at QPR.

Bizarre thing was that Tugay and Reyna had to move on cos they couldn't get a regular game.

Reyna played all the time. He filled in at Right Back when we had Ferguson and Albertz though.

I agree about Tugay though. When was it we used him as a sweeper for a while? He played amazing there. Was also the only time I ever remember us playing with a sweeper.

My favourite was Ian F. But remember Terry Hurlock. The most intelligent we had was Hemdani but for a combined skillful player/enforcer wehad one of the best. Souness.

I know he played quite a bit of his career in defence but I don't think you can look past John Greig as the best midfield enforcer Rangers have had.

Reyna played all the time. He filled in at Right Back when we had Ferguson and Albertz though.

I agree about Tugay though. When was it we used him as a sweeper for a while? He played amazing there. Was also the only time I ever remember us playing with a sweeper.

Played as a libero against Monaco in the Champions League if I remember correctly. Storming start to that campaign, winning in Monte Carlo, battering Sturm Graz and drawing with Valencia.

Then half way through, the arse collapsed and we only won another point at home to Monaco. I remember Amo made a howler in the last game and Advocaat blew a fuse and I am sure this led to the captaincy being stripped from him and Lorenzo falling into a Baileys-fuelled depression.

I also remember thinking a guy called 'Urine' had put us to the sword in Austria.

This has been a Google-free post brought to you by BMR.