Bert Konterman - Video

julescotia

It's all well and well making videos of fans favourites like Amato, Arveladze, Mendes (I've tried to stay away from the obvious ones like Laudrup, Cooper, Albertz etc), but I thought I'd challenge myself with one of the other guys who don't get praise as much .... Bert Konterman.

That goal though :drool:

Enjoy :21:

There's a reason he doesn't get much praise...

That goal though was enough to make him a cult hero :lol:

He's also always made himself available for he charity matches, and so he comes across as an absolute gentleman.

He was better than he got credit for at times. This video also shows the goal against the scum was not a fluke. I have met Bert a few times and yes he is a complete gentleman and loved his time at Rangers. Jules again thank you.

We signed him for 4.5m, we were spending stupid money back then.

I remember being at the home game against Dundee Utd in 2001 when we lost 2-0, Scott Wilson and konterman were awful that day. Pretty sure konterman was booed that day.

We had Marcus gayle playing that day, you could tell advocaat was losing it at that point. Still remember fabrice fernandes cracking one off the bar from about 25 yards out just before we lost the first goal.

Saying that though that goal against Celtic is probably as sweet as you'll see the ball hit, some wine up with the left arm no wonder it left his foot like a rocket!

Fuck sake, imagine being in a wall where Amoruso and Konterman are queuing up to hit a rolling ball from 10 yards away :lol:

Mind you, you were often more in danger in row AA from what I remember of Amo.

There was an interview with him somehwere where he is some kind of minister now, seemed a proper fruit loop but at the same time came across as an absolute gent.

Funny story about the big man.

My 2 R.E teachers at high school used to do blues brothers style videos of them doing some random stuff for school assemblies.

One year at Xmas they were running all about Ibrox looking for someone to "give the kids the Christmas message".

They stopped in at the press conference room and sat down disappointed after not finding anyone only for big Berts head to pop up from under the desk :lol:

Can just mind him talking about when your sitting under your tree eating your turkey :lol: no sure if thats a dutch tradition or lost in translation :D

Funny story about the big man.

My 2 R.E teachers at high school used to do blues brothers style videos of them doing some random stuff for school assemblies.

One year at Xmas they were running all about Ibrox looking for someone to "give the kids the Christmas message".

They stopped in at the press conference room and sat down disappointed after not finding anyone only for big Berts head to pop up from under the desk :lol:

Can just mind him talking about when your sitting under your tree eating your turkey :lol: no sure if thats a dutch tradition or lost in translation :D

Mr Ramage and Mr Nicholson??

Mate .I wish he had never played for us he was that bad . I still remember the 6-2 hammering and he was to blame for me that day .

Thankfully if he did anything positive ,it was the screamer against beggars, that maybe helped stop them winning back to back trebles

That must surely have been a challenge though

Quite simple .He was mince

It's all well and well making videos of fans favourites like Amato, Arveladze, Mendes (I've tried to stay away from the obvious ones like Laudrup, Cooper, Albertz etc), but I thought I'd challenge myself with one of the other guys who don't get praise as much .... Bert Konterman.

That goal though :drool:

Enjoy :21:

Another great vid. Are you able to make one of Neil McCann. In a number of our great performances, great goals, and videos of others McCann is always there ably assisting with great crosses, passes or scoring himself. However, I've never really seen a montage of all his great work all in one video.......

Another great vid. Are you able to make one of Neil McCann. In a number of our great performances, great goals, and videos of others McCann is always there ably assisting with great crosses, passes or scoring himself. However, I've never really seen a montage of all his great work all in one video.......

McCann is on a shortlist of names i've created, but he'll take more time as it's easier to source goals than it is assists, but I am going to do it. Will try and start it over the next week or 2. (tu)

The ones I have started just now, and are roughly 50% on them all are :

Claudio Caniggia

Jonatan Johansson

Erik Bo Andersen

And about 20% done of a Huistra one

McCann is on a shortlist of names i've created, but he'll take more time as it's easier to source goals than it is assists, but I am going to do it. Will try and start it over the next week or 2. (tu)

Claudio Caniggia

Jonatan Johansson

Erik Bo Andersen

Great job mate (tu)

Claudio Caniggia

Jonatan Johansson

Erik Bo Andersen

Huistra was one of my favourites pre laudrup despite being young, so I'd love to see some of his footage.

He was better than he got credit for at times. This video also shows the goal against the scum was not a fluke. I have met Bert a few times and yes he is a complete gentleman and loved his time at Rangers. Jules again thank you.

For me his signing was the beginning of the end for Advocaat as Manager. Was a shambles at the back particularly against the scum. Despite that, the goal against them was up there with one of the best I've seen in 30 years