How Many More Signings Can We Expect...?

graeme_4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to worry we might not have a lot of money and will be dealing in bargain basement buys. I'd love to see guys like May, Ciftci and Allan but got this horrible feeling that these guys are out of our league.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong and just being a paranoid fuckface!

They're shopping in a limited market.

DW:

"We want people who want to be here but we want the right type of people and ultimately good players."

Names mean nothing. MW is looking for people who can handle playing for Rangers and want to play for Rangers. If a player doesn't fit in that criteria it's his loss, not ours.

I am confident MW is looking at the right players rather than just any players. We have had 3 years of players being given contracts for all the wrong reasons. We cant afford to make the same mistakes again.

"I reckon it'll be down to a combination of factors such as availability, desire to come here and wage demands. Warburton also wants someone of captain material. I think it also depends on whether MW and DW think that some of the poor performances were a result of poor coaching followed by desperate morale and eventually fatigue. If he believes the likes of Templeton, Law and Shiels are better than their performances showed they'll not push for numbers. The silly season starts in earnest on July 1st, but I reckon we will bring in 6-8 players who will not include Allan who, contrary to last year's reports, is showing no desire to play for Rangers. Warburton will not be interested."

You are assuming that Warbutton wants Allan,and even if he did it would be unprofessional of Allan to publicly announce his desire to play for us.

Starting to worry we might not have a lot of money and will be dealing in bargain basement buys. I'd love to see guys like May, Ciftci and Allan but got this horrible feeling that these guys are out of our league.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong and just being a paranoid fuckface!

One of the things that warburton was looking for when discussing terms with the board was to get assurances on the budget, I have confidence that when required we will spend, but it has to be for the right players that add value now and will be fit for the premiership next year.

The fact that we hadn't heard of kiernan or the fact it was quoted at 200k I don't think means we have no money, it's just what money we do will will be spent on players warburton believes will make a difference and contribute to a healthy and productive footballing environment on and off the park.

Exactly. (tu)

We tried the quick fix route. Time for something more sustainable long term.

Agreed.

There's still about nine and a half weeks until the window shuts so there is plenty of time.

I trust Warburton to take his time and get it right and in a way I'm actually glad he's not rushing out and panic buying a load of expensive "marquee" signings.

Let's not forget that new managers often breathe life into players who have perhaps not been performing I think next season we'll see a marked improvement from most of the remaining players.

Also got really high hopes for Walsh this season, the way he played under McCall was brilliant and can imagine he'll be one of our Murray Park success stories next season.

So along the lines of...

Bell / New keeper

New RB Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Eustace

Allan / New CM Murdoch

New Winger 1 New AM New Winger 2

Miller / Clarke / New CF

Decent bench / back ups if no signings with...

Gallagher

Hardie

McKay

Walsh

Templeton

Shiels

Aird

Crawford

Law

McGregor

Zal

Sinamon?

Kelly / McCrorie?

We seem to be scraping the barrel player wise we need 6 or 7 and they must be better quality than the players we are currently signing.

King has to show us his money.

How many players who you class as better than Wilson and kiernan who will cost upwards of 1 or 2m and cost 20k a week on wages want to come and play in the championship.

I'd rather sign unknowns who warburton does know who will do a job for us than blow a load of cash on people you've heard. For instance the kid Bond from Watford is probably an unknown to most on here unless people have played football manager or an avid fan of the lower leagues in England (as he's been on loan) but for me this for a few hundred k is better than trying to land a keeper on significantly more money and perhaps as first choice.

Everyone is impatient to see new signings but just give it time and we'll see a team that, I think everyone will be far happier with as a collective rather than the sum of individuals with big egos and big wage packets.

Let's not forget that new managers often breathe life into players who have perhaps not been performing I think next season we'll see a marked improvement from most of the remaining players.

Also got really high hopes for Walsh this season, the way he played under McCall was brilliant and can imagine he'll be one of our Murray Park success stories next season.

True - wouldn't surprise me if we the likes of Shiels or Templeton really step up, or Gallagher or Hardie really given a chance.

This is what we have today.

No. Position Player 1 GK Cammy Bell 4 MF Fraser Aird 5 DF Lee Wallace 7 MF Nicky Law 11 MF David Templeton 14 FW Nicky Clark 18 FW Kenny Miller 19 MF Barrie McKay 21 MF Robbie Crawford 22 FW Dean Shiels 24 DF Darren McGregor No. Position Player 26 DF Marius Žaliūkas 30 FW Calum Gallagher 32 GK Liam Kelly 34 MF Andy Murdoch 38 DF Craig Halkett 48 MF Tom Walsh 49 DF Ryan Sinnamon 52 FW Ryan Hardie — DF Rob Kiernan — DF Danny Wilson

It's not too shabby a squad but i'd get rid of a few obvious players that just don't have what we need to move on (Bell, Aird, Halkett, Law, Crawford, Miller and probable Clark as well. We need at least a GK,a good striker, a CMF and a pacy RB.

Seven out and four in would suffice and give MW a squad he could work with.

True - wouldn't surprise me if we the likes of Shiels or Templeton really step up, or Gallagher or Hardie really given a chance.

Shiels wouldn't surprise me, Templeton really would - going by all accounts, he's had a terrible attitude at every club he's been at.

Shiels, Law, McGregor, Mckay and Gallagher I reckon will be the ones who step on. Only my opinion though..

How many players who you class as better than Wilson and kiernan who will cost upwards of 1 or 2m and cost 20k a week on wages want to come and play in the championship.

I'd rather sign unknowns who warburton does know who will do a job for us than blow a load of cash on people you've heard. For instance the kid Bond from Watford is probably an unknown to most on here unless people have played football manager or an avid fan of the lower leagues in England (as he's been on loan) but for me this for a few hundred k is better than trying to land a keeper on significantly more money and perhaps as first choice.

Everyone is impatient to see new signings but just give it time and we'll see a team that, I think everyone will be far happier with as a collective rather than the sum of individuals with big egos and big wage packets.

Kiernan an unknown a loan player who's not made it anywhere lets hope he does at us. Wilson i hope has got better but i still feel he's very slow and not that great in the air, the last game i seen him at us was getting torn apart in the Cup Final then sent off.

We have to hunt down better players if we really want to compete not just strive to go up.

Realism seems to have went out the window on here lately.

Kiernan an unknown a loan player who's not made it anywhere lets hope he does at us. Wilson i hope has got better but i still feel he's very slow and not that great in the air, the last game i seen him at us was getting torn apart in the Cup Final then sent off.

We have to hunt down better players if we really want to compete not just strive to go up.

You just admitted you don't know how good Kiernan is, so how can you say we need to go for better players?

Signing people just because of their name or reputation is why we are in this situation to begin with.

Well I was thinking the same thing in that people all of a sudden expect us to be spending millions again for a single player. Wilson is tried and tested, weir knows him, he's young, wanted to come here and he's free. That's being realistic.

We aren't in Europe and won't be for at least another year or two, we aren't in the top division so for me it's unrealistic to target anyone that would fall into the better player bracket. we just have to be smarter about our approach and I believe we will get this under warburton. I mean he signed Stuart Dallas from Crusaders and he's done really well for himself at Brentford but I bet their fans were thinking WTF is this signing!

You just admitted you don't know how good Kiernan is, so how can you say we need to go for better players?

Signing people just because of their name or reputation is why we are in this situation to begin with.

I dont know how good a manager Warburton is either but i'm betting he's not as good as Mourinho.

Kiernans been a loan player at every club and not stuck at any including Kilmarnock lets get realistic here, I do hope he has the ability and character to play for Rangers.

There's an old saying you buy cheap you buy twice.

I dont know how good a manager Warburton is either but i'm betting he's not as good as Mourinho.

Kiernans been a loan player at every club and not stuck at any including Kilmarnock lets get realistic here, I do hope he has the ability and character to play for Rangers.

Bullshit!

You've followed the Brents for years.

Goalie

Right back

Two wingers

Ball winning midfielder

Playmaker

At least two strikers..

Bare minimum required..

Try, somehow, to get rid of Clark, Shiels,Law, Aird, Crawford and Bell.

Some of these players at us now are on the best contracts of their life Airds is for 6 years will be tough to get them away.