New Signing - Jordan Gibson

Skyson1872

This signing is so far out of character for us that it would at least suggest we've got a bigger net and looking harder than we were before - this is good news to me, even if the boy doesn't go far - he's an indicator of change.

Not really. We brought Hemmings up from Tamworth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Hurlock also played non league (and I'm sure was a brickie) before getting a break and then eventually arriving at Ibrox.

There were a lot more from non-league back then. Stuart Pearce was at Wealdstone, Dave Beasant at Edgware and Ian Wright at Greenwich Borough.

Well this type of signing isn't a regular occurrence and I was under the impression this boy has jumped from a place lower down than Tamworth. The infrequency of such a signing combined with digging down deeper into the footballing leagues to find it is to me making a signing which is out of character.

Agreed, good to actually see some proper scouting in action.

Hopefully this young lad comes in and does well.

We need to have this approach, move away from the big names, big clubs etc, let's get lads like this in, from the UK or abroad, and train and develop them. It can only be a good thing

Well this type of signing isn't a regular occurrence and I was under the impression this boy has jumped from a place lower down than Tamworth. The infrequency of such a signing combined with digging down deeper into the footballing leagues to find it is to me making a signing which is out of character.

They are both outside the English football league. I agree it's an exciting signing, just pointing out we have gone in this market before.

To me this is the kind of signing we have to be making in the short to medium term in an attempt to find a prospect-player/make a quick buck.

Where he is coming from would make you suspect that he won't cut the mustard at us however it puts the word out there that no matter where you are, if you have something about you, we'll take a look at you - that makes us one of the first and best ports of call for coaches/scouts/ex-pro's/players who believe they have found someone who's slipped through the net. The net has big wholes in it in this country and many of the best players I've ever seen have fell away due to a lack of opportunity and guidance, not ability.

This signing is so far out of character for us that it would at least suggest we've got a bigger net and looking harder than we were before - this is good news to me, even if the boy doesn't go far - he's an indicator of change.

If this boy makes it to any degree we're looking at having a player with an outlay which is laughably small. Even if he flops - imagine how the outlay compares to the flop signings of last Summer - Peralta, Smith, Boyd etc.

good post, hard to argue with any of that, but the bottom line is that it is only common sense, something that's been in short supply at Ibrox for a while.

We always seemed to get players at the arse end of their career, Davie Weir being a perfect example, if we had got him Falkirk time he might have been at Ibrox 20 seasons.

To be fair to you I actually forgot about Hemmings coming from Tamworth,...worth noting I think that upon being deemed not good enough for us he played in the division we are in and was top goalscorer 2 seasons ago?! Scoring more goals in this division than any 2 of our players last season?! (I put the question marks because I am taking that off the top of my head rather than checking, I don't however expect you personally to check for me lol).

Aye sounds right, every time he scored there was another thread about him and there were plenty.

He seemed to struggle under the expectation of playing for Rangers and relished a less expectant environment. Not surprising really considering the massive jump from English non league to Rangers.

Wish this boy the best of luck. He genuinely seems thrilled, it's up to him to grasp this opportunity now. Our job is to give him all our support when he gets his chance.

Aye sounds right, every time he scored there was another thread about him and there were plenty.

He seemed to struggle under the expectation of playing for Rangers and relished a less expectant environment. Not surprising really considering the massive jump from English non league to Rangers.

Looking back I suspect Ally may have been a bigger problem for Hemmings than the weight of playing for Rangers.

Good luck to this young fella though. Hopefully he progresses well and gets his chance.