Are We Expecting Money To Be Spent On Attackers/creativity?

OzGers

I, like most, have been happy with our defensive signings thus far.

In Wilson and keirnan we know we are getting some quality ball playing centre backs who will lay a good foundation for the team

However, the attack minded players we have been linked with do not seem inspired

Whilst not actually signed, the likes of wabara, Halliday and holt hardly scream top quality, particularly when you consider that wabara and holt were actually loathed by their league one supporters, which is a gauge of their quality

Obviously Allan would be a great signing if we get him, but does anyone else think that Warburton and king really need to go after some exciting players in the final 3rd?

And to do so, do we expect him to actually spend some cash given he stated their was no budget?

Or should we expect more unknowns from England's lower leagues?

I expect some more shrewd signings from lower leagues (tu)

I do think, our big piece of transfer business will go towards Allan, around 500-600k, I think we'll pick up a striker and a wide man for a free or nominal fee that Warburton knows and trusts.

He's building from the back, all good teams have that spine to them, but I do think we are lacking creatively still. And a decent holding mid to partner Murdoch.

It depends on what he's seen at Murray Park, creativity has been an issue for us for some time, but if he's looked at Templeton at training, can see how talented he is and aims to bring his game up to the level it should be, same goes for Mckay, he may see enough there that rules out the move for Dallas. I think if Mckay gets his chance, and Templeton gets back on form and proves he's ready to work hard for the team, I believe we have enough creativity, Walsh would be playing for a starting spot too, 3 very direct players, all capable of making something happen. If Allan is played centrally, in between Temps and McKay and behind the main striker, I think we'd see some excellent football.

I think our total spend on players over the summer will not be more than £1m.

In a way i am happy as it hopefully means we arent spunking money up the wall, but then I would like us to bring in a few quality younger guys with a sell on value, even if we have to pay a buying fee, although probably not possible to attract such players playing in the Scottish championship.

I expect some more shrewd signings from lower leagues (tu)

I do think, our big piece of transfer business will go towards Allan, around 500-600k, I think we'll pick up a striker and a wide man for a free or nominal fee that Warburton knows and trusts.

He's building from the back, all good teams have that spine to them, but I do think we are lacking creatively still. And a decent holding mid to partner Murdoch.

It depends on what he's seen at Murray Park, creativity has been an issue for us for some time, but if he's looked at Templeton at training, can see how talented he is and aims to bring his game up to the level it should be, same goes for Mckay, he may see enough there that rules out the move for Dallas. I think if Mckay gets his chance, and Templeton gets back on form and proves he's ready to work hard for the team, I believe we have enough creativity, Walsh would be playing for a starting spot too, 3 very direct players, all capable of making something happen. If Allan is played centrally, in between Temps and McKay and behind the main striker, I think we'd see some excellent football.

I agree, especially with what you say about Templeton. There are some good players here who will also do a good turn given the service. I include Miller in that. I'm sure they'll keep some of the powder dry for the January window, with a final push for the Championship and entry into the Premiership. They won't really know how the summer transfers are working out - and therefore what they still lack - until mid way through the season.

Can only assume Warburton so far hasn't identified any attacking players who would both cost significant money and who he sees as essential to his rebuild. Did King not publicly state that money would be provided if the manager put forward a case for buying such a player?

Or perhaps he has and negotiations are ongoing

I agree, especially with what you say about Templeton. There are some good players here who will also do a good turn given the service. I include Miller in that. I'm sure they'll keep some of the powder dry for the January window, with a final push for the Championship and entry into the Premiership. They won't really know how the summer transfers are working out - and therefore what they still lack - until mid way through the season.

That's true, as forward thinking as Warburton is, the squad doesn't become his overnight, even if he pulled in another 11 players, he would still need several months to shape the team. Not just this window, but the next two are just as important in shaping the squad, if the players aren't available yet, there's no point rushing out bringing in the wrong type of player.

It's all about balance, and I think he may get a surprise with one or two of the younger lads that have been overlooked. Walsh, Mckay, Sinnamon, Gallagher, etc, we could see them filling the attacking roles fairly comfortably. He did say he's impressed with Mollolhand's work.

It was raised at several times last season, but 8 or so of the Hearts team got beat comfortably by the reserves in the cup, these players are still here, there's no reason to think they can't step up to the first team under the correct coaching from Warburton.

I think we will go and pick up some more free agents from down south using the managers knowledge of the leagues.

We lack firepower so can see us spending something here, maybe Stevie May as mentioned but would like to see us spend wisely.

Think we need a couple of strikers in.

We have 3 weeks before our first game! The had better start getting the finger out.

We were promised a team capable of winning the championship and competing in the premiership. At this stage, our squad is an utter shambles that will not win the championship

Warbs certainly cannot be criticised for bringing in stability at the back- Wilson, keirnan and foderingham, if signed, are testimount to that

However he adds to add that quality going forward, similar to what vukic brought last year. Players who have the ability to excite

I suppose I'm being impatient- not having heard any serious interest in strikers, attackers has just got me nervous

We need more quality in midfield but I think it's impossible to tell how many might come in because we don't know what Warburton is seeing from guys like Templeton, McKay & Walsh. All three of them have talent and he could easily reinvigorate the first two and bring the third one on.

We definitely need a couple of strikers too. The May rumour seems to be lingering so I hope there's some truth to that and I'd like to see us going for McKay from Wigan too. With Miller as a third choice I think that would give us enough upfront for the season.

I reckon we will see some new signings shortly, and they'll be from the english lower leagues. This suits me just fine. Couple of seasons, then sell them on. McKay & Templeton would have done it by now if they had it in them.

I genuinely think in Templeton we have one of Scotland's most creative players. There has been a combination of poor effort from him and dire coaching/man management that resulted in not only him but many good players regressing after coming to us.

The question is how many chances does he get? I guess Warburton will have a clean slate and I would hope be able to get the best out of players like him. If so he can definitely be an exciting and creative player for us.

We have 3 weeks before our first game! The had better start getting the finger out.

We were promised a team capable of winning the championship and competing in the premiership. At this stage, our squad is an utter shambles that will not win the championship

Sadly I agree .Think too many have bought into the theory that King has was it takes .What little has been done ,has been on the cheap .Once ST are all in ,think even less will happen .He is getting an easy ride of it because of the mess we were in .What happened to the money he said he was putting in ? It's extremely disappointing we have no creativity or good strikers for that matter .Fingers need taken out their arses

it's scandalous if you ask mate .Bearing in mind K@M knew ages before play offs that new players would be needed .

Yes they knew along with everyone else and they also knew they had to get a management team in before signing anyone.

Panic stations already, calm down guys no doubt we will see a couple more bodies in next week.